Ebay-This is hard to believe. Something not right here

sire

Yep, somewhat pricey. Definitely not savvy Ebay buyers. Maybe the seller's lucky day.

I also wonder about seeing a couple of very low feedback bidders bumping up the price, but would also note that that those Fortes are about as nice as one will see Forte's on Ebay.

Ther's a lot not right about ebay. And Paypal.

But the shill bidding does well. and it doesn't matter what the fees are if you make a great profit.

They are so oriented to the Seller that it's a joke. Run Commercials, raise fees.

But no-one has the guts to run competition. That's the poor part of it.

dodger

Looks like a bidding war between a couple of newbies. Plain and simple.

You remember what it was like when you first bid on something you really really wanted on ebay. Your heart started pounding out of your chest and it got real hard to think.

It's a rush the first few times. Was for me anyway when I got my speakers and amp.

mmmmm...Maybe a newbie but anytime I buy used equipment, I always will pay a premium for original boxes, packaging and manuals. Generally, if a seller keeps the packaging and boxes for that long, you have a pretty good idea about the care he/she has given to the item. Let's face it, it's easier to toss it all out than it is to keep.