Speaker grills on or off?

ottscay

Luckily.. I left mine on because one day my younger brother, who was an absolute moron for doing this, blew a candle out so hard, wax went all over the front of my RC-25. Good thing the grille (dust cover) 2.gif was on!

btw. If anyone has a grille for the RC-25 and wouldn't mind selling it, I'd be interested. I contacted Klipsch, but a new grille will cost about $60, so I opted to hold of for a bit in hopes of finding someone that would sell me theirs.

----------------

On 3/9/2005 3:34:52 PM bytor33 wrote:

I leave the grills off my satellite speakers and on for my bigger speakers. BTW how do those RS-25's sound with your system neomartic? I have the RB-25's and RC-25 for fronts and am getting the RS-25's from UPS on Friday hopefully.

----------------

They sound great. I love 'em. They're the perfect match for the system, (obviously, as they are in the 25 series). I love getting a movie with DTS and just blaring the crap out of it! 9.gif I'm sure you'll enjoy them.

btw. what receiver are you using?

I notice a significant difference with the black grilles off my Cornwalls.

Highs are muted with grilles on, in my opinion.

I've been told here in the past that the grillecloth issue was factored in by Klipsch when

the speakers were designed and therefore the grilles should not be removed.

Klipsch also made Decorator Cornwalls which had no grillecloth. Hmm...

I say if your speakers sound or look better to you with the grilles off, pull 'em and stash them somewhere for safekeeping.

Woof!

• 1 year later...

Just resurrecting an old thread here.... Have had my 1975 Cornwalls for a week now. I definitely find the highs lightly muted with the grills on. My sytem is not at all bright to start with, so I have been leaving them off to retain those highs.

Any new opinions here regarding this old topic?

Dave