Oh what to do while company is in town....

• Klipsch Employees

We meet on the agenda this week...

What do you guys want to do / see?

Lots of compairing and reviewing...

I know going to the theater last year was cool, but that type of stuff takes time from the lab stuff.

you guys make that call.

there has been some intrest in your bringing some of your own stuff to test.

give me some ideas!

It is a long weekend Trey... People will be back on line this week..LOL.

I loved the movie theater tour, it really allowed us to see the Pro Cinema line in action. The added bonus of a free movie poster(s) and ticket late Saturday night was cool too.

I think we like to meet people from Klipsch in marketing, sales, and engineering to ask questions and get feedback. Please help us to know who is who, with name badges for them too! (departments on the name tags please.) If you know who is going to be there before and can tell us a day or two in advance, even better.

Anything new or old is a good listen and pre packed systems reference, thx, synergy, is appreciated too.

I'm with Roger in that the movie theater thing was very cool.

I would keep the lab TOUR, but have some more test type stuff. Listening tests and such. In addition to the speaker cable thing, maybe a test between Radio Shack interconnects and Kimber Kable Hero or something like that

A lot of us go back home and talk to people about the stuff we experienced there, so make it educational. My favorite part of the whole trip last year was you showing me subwoofer curves. Educate us on what makes a good loudspeaker. One very cool thing might be to show us a couple of different speakers in the anechoic chamber, maybe all Klipsch speakers but maybe some subwoofer comparison stuff as well? Maybe this stuff could be set up so that after a basic tour everyone can choose to either do the listening to the different systems OR stop in on some of the engineering demos and such.

Obviously any new stuff you can share is a treat as well. Personally I'd die to hear/see the reference premier stuff, especially the subwoofer.

New AK 4 K-Horns set up to demo with the THX Ultra 2 subs.

I would like to see the Klipsch/SVS comparison charts you did.

I'd like to see a Heritage Home Theatre set up with Aragon pre/pro and 7 Channel amp. Preferably the some of big boys mixed with Heresy II's.

Anything new coming out that you can show.

The Klipsch theatre thing would be cool too, its my first trip there so I am kind of up for whatever you do.

Of course the requisite K-Horn give away to all the cool guys named Jim who managed to cleverly work their first initial and last name into their forum ID.

Last year, our session in the Heritage room was short and interupted by trouble getting a SACD to play in the CD player. The main thing that I wanted to experience was listening to a pair of Klipschorns for the first time. I still want a good demo. I heard that one of the other groups had a great demo of the the KHorns playing a selection from The Planets.

The Drumline demo in the THX Ultra 2 room was the most impressive thing that I remember. I would like to experience that again.

A chance to listen to some of the new Premiere line would be awesome!

Trey previously mentioned a test where the speakers were hidden behind a curtain. That sounds interesting.

Trey

I enjoyed the lab tour two years more than last year. Last summer seemed more rushed. Two summers ago, I enjoyed witnessing your outside sub testing and talking to the guy who designed the ports etc. Two years ago seemed to have more engineers in the lab talking about there projects. Also two summers ago you included a visit to the mini museum in which Jim H showed us some of his awesome PWK memorabilia. I would love to see PWK's speaker bible again, with his notes of what was incorrect in the book. And his early sketches years before the bass bin was built.

Personally, I would love to hear Jim H and any of the other old time employees talk about the old PWK days.

Both years field trips were great. I enjoyed the night club tour the first year and the Theater the second year. Any time we can see your products in the field is fun. I think the night club tour gave us more time in the lab the first year, as we hit the club in the early evening.

Maybe fire up that MCM you have in your lobby6.gif

Maybe see if Fred would show us his Pro Home Theater6.gif6.gif How cool would that be.

JM

JM is right on target. I don't think we're hearing the most from the available expertise. I'd like to see a special effort made to assign your most knowledgeable, expert people as group leaders and get a sort of lecture or summary from them of what they know about what we're looking at. I'd like to hear Mark Kauffman let us in on some of his expertise -- and Roy Delgado!

I'd also like to see a discussion about Klipsch marketing and other strategy and implementation, if anyone dares get into that.

Maybe this year would be a good time to keep the most appropriate expert in his or her respective room rather than having each group led by the same person around to each site. Yes, last year was more rushed.

Larry

As John and Larry both mention, it would be great to have in depth Q&A/comments/discussion/lecture with the senior engineers. Guys like Jim Hunter and Roy Delgado are certainly a privilege to see and hear from in person.

In field demo at Hard Rock Indy 2.gif

I would also like to see Craig sober at 12AM on Friday night. 9.gif

• 2 weeks later...

I can almost imagine how a Q&A with J Hunter and R Delgado might go: Talk about a recipe for potential distaster. If you do something like that, you might seriously consider having questions submitted in advance so that they could choose what to address and how. It would be terrible to have it turn into a Salmon Day for them.