Prayers, Love, Energy...

fini

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thank you so much, friends all! I'm just home for a bit to touch base with my wife and kids (and to take blood pressure meds), then back up to be with her. All the kids are here now. You should have seen her eyes light up to see my sister and niece (from OK). Last thing she has said last night was "Hi, sweetie!" to my niece Kelly.

So, we're staying by her side. My sister-in-law (an amazingly sweet person, someone Mom's been able to talk to about things she will not discuss with us kids) asked Mom why she had asked when "they" thought she might pass (day or night). Turns out she wanted to make sure we were there with her, until the end.

Thanks again for the prayers and support. The family is drawing close, and that's a good thing.

So sad to say Mom passed on at 8:15 this morning. Been super busy all day, but I feel satisfied we did all we could for her, that we all were able to communicate our love to her, and she reflected that love back. She is in a good place, at peace. I'll write a bit more later (working on 3 hours sleep in the last 40 hours...).

Thank you all!

fini,

Please accept our condolences, my family to yours; I know how the loss of a parent feels. I have read your posts on this topic with interest. My wife and I lost her father on our living room couch to cancer 9 years ago and we lost my dad to heart disease and Parkinsons last year. Loosing a parent is never easy, even though you know it is coming is still a very heart-wrenching event. These are the people who nurtured us, taught us our values, and loved us unconditionally. They picked us up when we were down, shared in our joy, gave us a kick I the pants when we needed it, and still had the gaminess to let us think we pulled the wool over their eyes from time to time. It does not matter how old you are when a parent passes it still feels empty as the ones we once thought invincible finally have to let go and move on. You should take comfort that you demonstrated you love to your mother in every way you could. Your adoration and love for your mother shone through whenever you wrote about things you were considering doing for her. You have obviously been a good loving son. I am sure you know she knew that. You can take comfort in knowing she is at peace and in a place void of our earthly problems. I have a watering eye as I write this remembering my Dad. So may God grant you peace, solace, and grace in your time of grief.

R/Jim

Gregg, although we've never met, you've become a friend through this computer. Words can't convey my feelings for you and your family. The fact that I'm having trouble swallowing right now says it all though. I'm so sorry to hear this, but at the same time, it's good to know your moms in a better, happier place.

Get some rest. Your immediate family needs you more right now than we do here.

God Bless.