$10,000 - What speakers/pre-amp/amp do you buy *can't be K-Horns*

JBlake377

I agree with the Cornwalls.

For an amp, I'd buy that Seth that Dr Jeff is selling. The pre would come from Juicy Music, a Blueberry .

That's about $5,500. A nice VPI Scout and Benz Micro. That leaves $3,200. A Shanling SACD uses up $2K. With the last $1200, a pair of MC-30s for parties.

Rick

Pair of RF-7s, Aragon 28K-II, Aragon palladium monoblocs... spend the rest on beer and whores : )

P.S. j/k

P.P.S. For even larger soundstage projection - 2 pairs of RF-7s in RR-LL configuration... 4 Palladium monos, same preamp... that should about use up the budget.

----------------

On 4/14/2005 5:34:54 PM meuge wrote:

Pair of RF-7s, Aragon 28K-II, Aragon palladium monoblocs... spend the rest on beer and whores : )

P.S. j/k

P.P.S. For even larger soundstage projection -
2 pairs of RF-7s in RR-LL configuration...
4 Palladium monos, same preamp... that should about use up the budget.
----------------

That would offer some interesting comb filtering and dispersion issues!

Well, actually I'm thinking DIY on the Jubilees...

1500 Peach

2800 pCAT Lynx

Jubilee budget:

3000 pair bass bins

400 quad of woofers

600 pair HF drivers

400 pair crossovers

--------------------

4400 Jubilee subtotal (incomplete)

8700 System subtotal so far... anyway, tha would leave $1300 in the budget for a pair of horns, veneer and incidentals. Would this be a great garage project or what?

Cadillacs and diamonds all the way!

3.gif

If I really wanted to cut the budget without hurting the system, I'd throw in a pair of DIY Seth's in there. I think the parts can be had for maybe $1200. However, that makes the original JFL pair look more and more like a bargain at $2700. I mean, I've had fire in my bones for two days thinking about wanting to hear those sweet looking rascals.

For 10K, I'd be tempted to go with:

NHT SuperZero minimonitors $250

Bottlehead Foreplay Preamp $175 (its more now, isnt it?)

Cary 805C monoblock amplifiers $8700

It would shame just about anything out there with sheer purity and beauty. Of course, the lack of any bass under 100Hz might be noticed... for a few minutes... until you got caught up in the music.

I think the bottlehead would be the weakest link in that chain (assuming you dont mind the lack of bass).

For 10K, I'd be tempted to go with:

NHT SuperZero minimonitors $250

Bottlehead Foreplay Preamp $175 (its more now, isnt it?)

Cary 805C monoblock amplifiers $8700

It would shame just about anything out there with sheer purity and beauty. Of course, the lack of any bass under 100Hz might be noticed... for a few minutes... until you got caught up in the music.

I think the bottlehead would be the weakest link in that chain (assuming you dont mind the lack of bass).

P.P.S. For even larger soundstage projection - 2 pairs of RF-7s in RR-LL configuration... 4 Palladium monos, same preamp... that should about use up the budget.

There is a member who actually has 6 RF7s across the front in RRR LLL configuration. Forget their user name, dont know how it would sound, but sure looked impressive. Anybody else see that post?

----------------

On 4/14/2005 9:50:56 PM jacksonbart wrote:

There is a member who actually has 6 RF7s across the front in RRR LLL configuration. Forget their user name, dont know how it would sound, but sure looked impressive. Anybody else see that post?
----------------

Lordy.

Even Yngwie Malmsteen has the sense to not actually use all those speakers at once. I guess impressive is the operative word here. I am a Viking!

RealMen.jpg