Ebay nightmare than everyone can ENJOY!

looks shockingly like my garage, only mine is filled with Klipsch speakers, I'm told they are a valuable collectible item. Sadly it reminds me of some of my home, I bought this place a year ago, remodeled for about 6 months, moved in and was just too tired to unpack ALL the boxes. Got to get at that...

This guy's mom needs a hobby other than garage sales and buying junk on ebay.

Michael

I've got an uncle with this problem. Over the next few months, we've got to get him out of the house he's living in (we've just inherited the house, Mom had let him stay there rent-free), and clear it out. I'd certainly appreciate knowing more about the psychological disorder that leads to this type of behavior, and how one can control/overcome it.

i think they call it OCD, Obsessive Compulsive Disorder. If having one of an item is good, having two is better, having 3 is great, 4 is . . .

But compared to her, my garage is almost useable!

Rather than posting, why doesn't sonnyboy get off his butt and find a treatment program for mom. And, while he is off his butt, he could do a bit of gardening, especially since he is living there. Next, have him build a few shelves for her collections. Oh yeah, cancel the cable to get rid of QEV(or whatever the home shopping network thing is) and her away from ebay.

ymmv

My ex in-laws were kinda bad about saving things. Not as bad as this lady is - but pretty bad nonetheless. They had this spare bedroom that we'd stay in that had just enough room on one side of a double bed to get by. There were toys out of Cracker Jack boxes that the wife or her sister or brother had gotten 20+ years before! There were things from bubble gum machines and corks from bottles and you name it. I always told people that you could take a picture of the room, throw a grenade inside, let it go off, take another picture of the room and you could not tell anything had changed! LOL...

Tom

While I was in the Fire Department I got to see alot of trashy houses and we went to one that would make this one look neat.

This house wasn't boxes it was piled up with trash and animal poop. The lady that lived there alone with a mini pincher dog that was very sad to look at, it was soooo scinny, and several cats. The lady had fell down in her kitchen two days prior and could not get up. So after laying on the floor for two days she finaly called 911. The crew on the ambulance was all female and they called us to help them pick her up, and I think they wanted other people to substatiate the story about how bad this ladies living conditions were. we got her up and some fresh clothes and they took her in the ambulance to get some medicine. It is really sad when you come across things like that and there is nothing you can do. The really sad part is that she had family living in the same town and they had tried to help her to no avail. I know the incharge on the ambulance was going to try and do a few things for her but I never heard what came of it.

What is really scary is fighting a house fire and there is that much junk in a house.

Steve

When I worked as a news photog in Memphis, we did a story about a woman who had lived in one half of a large duplex. She passed away, in the house. Social services folks called us to see the house. We never broadcast where it was.

Black water standing in the plugged up sink. Dishes everywhere. Dog poop six inches deep throughout the whole house, with only a twelve inch wide path from room to room Pretty stinky! They cleaned it out and refinished the hardwood floors, painted. You would have never known... Oh, a lot of disinfectant.

Marvel