Pair of Heritage - what are they worth??

WisFam

Hello

I'm selling a pair of Heritage corner speakers - I'm not sure of the age - we've owned them for about 8 years. They are the "oil" oak finish and they are in "good" condition. We live between Milwaukee & Chicago if anyone would be interested in them. Any feed back on their value would be greatly appreciated!

If they are Oak Oil Klipschorns of a recent vintage (i.e. 8 yrs ago) and they are in excellent condition easily worth $2500 which is about the average reselling price. If they are 8 yrs old they should have the AK-3 crossover networks in them.

Do you have S/N's and Photo's? S/N's can be used to determine date of manufacture. You should be able to find a taker here on the forum. Thank you for bringing them here first! They will certainly find a loving home here!

Welcome aboard! 9.gif

I got mine for $900. Jazzman got his for $750. Gary got his for free. Dale W got his for $200.

A quick average will give you their worth.

$375.50/pair.

And there you have it.

Woo

Edit:

Given FrzinVT's info ... a new average will yield their worth at $870/pair. But again, he did say that was a bit high. 1.gif

I will check the s/n and get some pictures to post tomorrow. Like I said I'm not sure of the age - and I should have been more clear - we bought them about 8 years ago "used" from the original owner so I'm not sure what year they're from. Thanks for the quick replies!

----------------

On 5/19/2005 8:55:24 AM WisFam wrote:

Hello

We live between Milwaukee & Chicago if anyone would be interested in them. Any feed back on their value would be greatly appreciated!

----------------

I know this going a little bit off topic, but "between Milwaukee and Chicogo?". Are you, by chance, anywhere near Beloit? That is where I am originally from.

But to get back on topic, depending on condition, I'd say you could probably get anywhere from $1,500 to $3,000 for those cornerhorns.

Skonopa - we're from Kenosha County - not too far from Beloit.

Didn't get a chance after work to get the s/n and pictures so I'll be posting them next week. Thanks again for all the replies and value quotes.

lmao...$375 a pair "average" for Khorns?! As the original owner of a pair of 93 Khorns\00 Lascala's\01 Hersey II\ KLF-C7\ Velodyne FSR-18\etc, that would be the day I part with them at that cost. Would rather get good and drunk and blow my neighbours windows out while I wiener roast them to death in the backyard on a raging bonfire...then i'd give them away at that price "on average" IMO....awesome firewood....10.gif

----------------

On 5/19/2005 9:02:54 AM Woodog wrote:

I got mine for $900. Jazzman got his for $750. Gary got his for free. Dale W got his for $200.

A quick average will give you their worth.

$375.50/pair.

----------------

That's a good one.... Why don't you hand the poor guy a jar a vaseline with that bad advise.14.gif

Look to get typically anywhere between $1500 and $2500, depending on condition. If they're rough, and in crappy cosmetic condition, then woodog is still on the low side.

----------------

On 5/25/2005 12:03:27 PM WisFam wrote:

Finally!

I have the s/n: 102295796 KB Oak Oil #17 Grill

I don't have a recent picture but like I stated their in good condition. Anyone in the Milwaukee/Chicago area interested??
----------------

From that serial number it would appear that these were built April 11, 1992. I am 2 hours south of Chicago. I will PM you.

• 4 weeks later...

Yes, I did get them! They will need some repair work on the veneer edges - but overall they were in good shape. The kids will miss these speakers, since they were primarily used for their TV games. The bad news is that I won't get to hook them up for a few months while I wait for my new house to be finished and I get my room started... I can't wait!