Show pics of your favorite ride.

sputnik

----------------

On 5/19/2005 5:09:13 PM Blackmesa wrote:

----------------

On 5/19/2005 4:19:33 PM BobbyT wrote:

Here's my family car, a toyota matrix wagon that's about to get a coilover suspension with hotchkis sway bars. It's a wagon but it's a cool fun to drive wagon.

IMG_0683.jpg

----------------

Great car! My gf has a vibe (same difference), I love pulling the e-brake around turns in that thing!

btw, are there any good turbo kits for it?

----------------

there is a supercharger for the 1zz engine and some turbos for the 2zz. And it is a blast to drive for a daily driver.

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

BSA, it is my understanding that that is the first year Triumph made unit construction, and I think I recall they started off with the 350's. For the uninitiated that means the engine, crankshaft, gearing and clutch were all incoporated in one case-hence unit.

Cool spot Sputnik, they are Twins! Unit Construction Twins Cylinders as opposed tp say, most BSA's which were single cylinders. Triumph poineered modern 2 cylinder engines and British bikes of the time were known for speed and are still some of the best handling bikes on the road. Of course, they leaked oil like crazy, parts vibrated off them all the time and they were run on Lucas Electrics "The Prince of Darkness" was the actuall motto of Lucas and a standard joke among people relying on their headlights to work in the dark.

Twins,would I have anything else.

----------------

On 5/19/2005 4:21:10 PM 3dzapper wrote:

The black '02 Expidition has a ram air system, custom exaust and program mods. I love watching the looks on those "tuners" faces in their Hondas when I leave them at the light.
2.gif

It'll walk a V-10 F-250 or a Tahoe. Never played with an Escalade.

Rick----------------

Nothing quite like torque and horses to all four wheels!

Ok, OK, I'll ride with you to Indy! You pay the tickets, and I'll drive!

Was that Plymouth the car in Death Race 2000?

Gotta love the oldschool tractor pulls...

1monypit.jpg

This is Tom Bollinger from Stonington, Illinois who's got a tractor powered by two Allison V-12 engines...I think he's got a new tractor now powered by 3 of them. You truck guys might get a kick out of some of the truck pulls that go on too: http://www.virtual-carshow.com/97nfms_tractor.html

Blackmesa you are comparing apples to oranges. I considered those you mentioned, however I need a full size SUV, not a little 5-passenger station wagon which BMW refers to as a SAV (Sports Activity Vehicle) without enough cargo area to haul a pair of Heresy grills.

I am takling a full sized SUV with cargo area enough to bring home at least a pair of Klipschorns.

After all one could hardly consider a vehicle with 7" ground clearance like the BMW a SUV (with the wheelie bars removed, I think even my 1969 Nova has close to 7" ground clearance).

"The worlds most powerful SUV" is Cadillac's tagline, not mine....but if the shoe fits, wear it.

The ugly looks of the Escalade have been the precise reason one is not in my garage already. I have always much preferred the clean looks of the Tahoe and Suburban....too bad GM only offers castrated engines in them.

Guest Anonymous

I am sorry to bust GMs bubble but their Cadillac SUV is not the most powerfull in the world, Lamborghini produced this one back in the 80`s LM002 Packing a truly insane 450 horsepower 5.2 liter V12 engine derived from the awesome Countach, the four wheel drive, 6,800 pound LM002 was an incredible performer. It could tackle gradients of 120%, was capable of shifting from a standstill to 60 mph in 7.7 seconds and rushed to a top speed of 130 mph. All this performance had its cost though -- the engine returned a wallet-busting (and ozone-depleting) seven miles per gallon (gulp!).Doesn`t it look a little like a Hummer...uhmmmm wonder were the Hummer got their design lines from...Lamborghini has a new SUV in the works , wich will be interesting to see cause I for sure cant afford one ......regards Tony C

9.gif

post-2101-13819266057882_thumb.jpg

----------------

On 5/19/2005 1:59:58 PM Corvette6769 wrote:

How can anyone pick just one favorite?

My current Car Collection:

1957 Chevrolet Bel Air
- 2 Door Hard Top Sport Coupe PS, PB, PG, PP 283 4-bbl

1967 Corvette
-
Convertible
- 427 3x2 4-speed

1967 Corvette
-
Sport Coupe
- 427 3x2 4-speed

1967 Impala
- Super Sport 327 - Rare TH-400
(First engine and car I ever built and painted)

1967 Chevelle
- Super Sport - 396 375hp 4-speed

1969 Nova SS
- LT-1 - M-22 - 10.96 E.T. at 128 mph Quickest Street Car in Piatt County Since 1978

1969 Corvette - Convertible
350 hp 4-speed
(my first Corvette)

1969 Chevelle
- SS 396 - A/C 4-speed

1969 El Camino
- SS 396 375hp 4-speed

1969 Camaro
- SS/RS 396 375hp 4-speed

1969 Camaro
- Convertible SS/RS Z-11 (Indy Pace Car) A/C, Power Top

1970 Cobra
Super
Cobra Jet
(Fords version of the LS-6 Chevelle and the Hemi Cuda)

1972 Ford Van
- Customized
(my first vehicle & in 1976 installed 1st component car audio system in town)

1972 Lincoln
- Continental Mark IV - 460 4v
(Sold)

1973 Lincoln
- Continental Mark IV - 460 4v
(Sold)

1975 C-10 Pickup
- Fleet side Short bed 4x4 400 Horsepower SHP custom LT-1 350 engine

1976 K5 Blazer
-
4x4 450 Horsepower SHP custom 406 CID engine

1978 Lincoln
- Continental Mark V - Diamond Jubilee Edition
(an $8200 option on a $12k car in 1978 dollars which would buy 2 corvettes that year) and last year for the 460 4v engine

1985 Corvette
- every available option including glass top and Bose stereo system

1999 Harley Davidson
- SofTail Custom (last year produced) (first brand new motor vehicle I ever bought)

2000 Cadillac
- Eldorado Touring Coupe - every available option including the "Autobahn package"
(Z-rated tires and a top speed in excess of 160) (First brand new car I ever bought)

2001 Corvette
-
Convertible
- Torch Red/Black/Black I ordered this car with EVERY available option except the either/or options: MN6 6-speed Transmission, N73 Magnesium Wheels, Z51 Suspension, and R8C Museum Delivery (email me and I will tell you why).

What's Next?

The worlds most powerful SUV - the 345 Horsepower Cadillac
Escalade
(unless the Tahoe finally gets some balls),

the new 440 Horsepower Cadillac
STSV
For the wife,
and of course the new 500 Horsepower LS-7
C6 Corvette

Isnt it great that Detroit is building real Muscle Cars again!

----------------

I'd love to see pics of your collection! Man o man. Please post some pics of you cars together. That would be awesome!