No one here gets out alive!

I'll not let the cats out of the bag fellas, but IndyKlipschFan and Colterphoto are planning on teaming up for a little drive to Miami Florida.

He's got a Golden Voice and I'm an old Rocker, bets on which one(s) of us will make it back to Indy alive after 40 hours together in a van?

Michael

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes, it is true.. Will tell you all of our "find" when we return!

I pray were still friends after this long haul for sure! LOL

Seriously, this is going to be fun. What we do for this hobby is amazing!

Say a prayer for us on the road.. See you on here, when we return!!

Go for it Michael, you can tell of our "find". Another way the board is a great place to find great gear, if your willing to be patient and work with people.

I will say La Scala heaven, and let you write the review!

And yes, to those on the board, were still friends after 30+ hrs later driving time!

Ok gang, we won't keep ya in suspense for any longer. There was a post a few months back from a gentleman in FL who was revamping a sound system in a church. Seems that the LaScalas weren't 'adequate' and he was flying a new horn system (much more directional and lighter). After some price negotiation and lack of contact, Indy contacted the man again last month and he got back with both of us. He may not have known of our friendship or plans to split the purchase, but Indy and I both gave him some pricing info and worked out a fair deal for all involved. After all, no local people (FL) had responded to his ads, we had been the only serious contacts, and were willing to drive for 40 hours round trip to make the haul. As a truly weird aside, this church was off the same exit, within ONE MILE of where I had purchased my 64 Cornwalls back in January!

So here's the basics. Can you say SIX LaScala Industrial Bass Bins and FOUR LaScala Industrial Mid/Hi Bins? That's pretty much all that would fit into Indy's Town and Country Van- and we're talking millimeteres here gang! Literally could not fit a deck of cards between them amidships! Pretty much mint cabinet condition and all original drivers, except three tweeters out (good of ya to bring the small stereo for troubleshooting!), which were price adjusted.

I'll use two bins to double up my split Industrial LS stack and Indy has plans to incorporate some of the remainder of the haul in his massive HT rig- details to be announced!

Pretty splendid trip, we knew each other fairly well prior to this escapade (Indy and my bro were good buddies during High School) , but now know each others musical tastes, food preferences, and snore frequency/duration extraordinarily well. Indy went wild at the local Karaoke store and bought some very nicely mixed tracks, which of course he sang magnificently about half the way home. He even let me do my rock and roll screech to a few. We seemed to duet best on the Chicago Karaoke. I believe that he heard more Led Zep and Deep Purple than he ever has or wants to. But we had some lively discussions, got along famously, ate some yummy food, relaxed a bit and arrived back home no worse for the wear. Oh, one other thing- Indy deserves every Klipsch speaker he owns, this animal was so excited that he drove straight through from Indy to Miami, then over to Naples- wouldn't even give me the wheel- basically drove for 24 hours straight! You're the KING baby!

Unfortunately, like in all trips there has to be a rotten side, and spending two days in FL thunderstorms, travel through downpours, fog, past two horrific accidents, and much too much road food did take a bit of toll.

Thanks Roger, for a lovely trip and accomodations, thanks also to your lovely wife for the use (abuse) of her van and it's sound system. I belive I have all the Klipsch I'll ever need (I'll recant this later). Couldn't have made the trip with a nicer guy.

Thanks to the Forum for all the advice- you guys have cost me a bloody fortune in the past couple of years, but I've got a mountain of great gear to show for it!

Michael - photos to follow- c'mon, we're too tired to unload and stack this stuff up today, okay?

Yer thoughts, Indy?