No one here gets out alive!

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Congrats you two, be sure you post the pics once they're set up!

Colterphoto1, my compliments on your musical tastes! Nothing like listening to Zeppelin for demoing/ critical listening on new Klipsch.

Led Zeppelin (Complete Studio Recordings Box Set) + Klipsch = Stairway to Heaven

It's a conspiracy I tell ya! You guys are out to corner the market on all the Heritage speakers and then shake down all your desperate forum members.

Sounds like a great trip with great gear to play with at the end of it. Couldn't be happier for both of you.

Funny thing though, I didn't notice any towels in the picture. Never, ever leave on a gear hunt without one. Sheesh!

• 4 years later...

You mean 7 Split La Scala's, (Timbre up front DOES matter!) Two Klipsch THX KW
120 subs, with the KA 1000 Amp, with the Velodyne SMS-1, Bass
management system, (I needed the boost the signal to the sub amp and appreciated the EQ function of my room too. It made a BIG difference with the Sunfire Pe Amp) , and 2 THX series KS-525's as side surrounds.

OK, Guys n Gals, LOL,.... Do not forget before that, get a Laser Pointer to point them exactly to where you want them to go. ... LOL It will make a difference, just trust me! Grab your radio shack DB meter. Go slow.. Write down your results.

(In the real world, you might want to boost the rears 2-4db. It is my personal choice, but many have done this also with good feedback.)

OK, now.. Here we go....

3 La Scala's up front (with a 2 La Scala bass bins for the center channel. I know crazy, but the Sunfire Amp can handle it.)

2 Klipsch THX 120 subs powered by the KA 1000 Klipsch Sub Amp.

2 side surround speakers the KS-525's (Also THX ultra 2, and turned up more, to compensate.)

and 4, yes 4 La Scala's, in the rears.

There are lot's of prettier rooms, I am sure.. Some amazing ones, done right here on this forum too. Many have better equipment than I do. In fact, most all mine was used.

As for Speakers, I went for 4 La Scala's in Cleveland, Ohio, 4 more in Ft Lauderdale - Miami area Florida Driving with my friend Michael too. All this starting from Indianapolis, Indiana. BTW, I do not understand people who might not drive 20 minutes for their "dream system" or weasel out cause it was 50 dollars more..????

I smile every day I get the opportunity to use it and to entertain others and turn them on to Klipsch too. Share the Knowledge, Share the Experience, I say! It's what makes this forum just amazing! I will say this too.. 720P really dialed in is just awesome. I am still on my original bulb and have a spare just in case... The clock has run over now I think 2 times.. And yes I consider that a very lucky miracle... Also having controlled lighting in a dedicated room I can also make all black, helps out too.

As for the sound? It is amazing. The Sunfire Pre Amp and Sunfire 200 x 7 just is great with Klipsch! But it also depends on the broadcast or movie to show that off too. One of the things now is I am not so sure I have "tinkered" with, (That's "man speak" for tweaking something to ruin what you worked so hard to get perfect for YOUR tastes.... in months) is the sound. It just feels right every time. Besides... The forum has new members now and I have no clue who they are LOL. It's time for them to search and find their desired dream theater. If you want some real world advice ask us.. Were here for you too.

• Moderators

indy - i always enjoy seeing pics of your set up in here - totally awesome..

DU73, you should hear it, watching Open Range I almost had to check for blood, I thought I was shot, well it felt like it.

Hahaha

Yes, that shotgun blast at close range will tend to make you feel you just you know what in your pants. And yes the air pressure seems to change and you even feel the poof of air hit you as well. (Seriously, it is that intense.) Thanks go to Glenn for the heads up on that movie.