lets see YOUR two channel setups

Hi Bruce!
Yeah, I'm liking the Stingray very much. You're right, no corners in my living room but that's the main thing I'll be looking for in my next house I buy. The house has to have a room made for Klipschorns. Two rooms actually so I can finally get to listen to the Georgians too. Post some pics of the LaScalas. I miss them and would like to see them now that they're all grown up.
Bernie

The room looks rather busy. I am obviously not going to use these for HT, as you pass between the LaScalas to get to the rest of the house (right out the front door, left to the kitchen).

post-7149-13819367215114_thumb.jpg

As seen before ...

1981 LSI Split, Natural Finish, Bottlehead 300B's, (2) Numark TTX turntables, Vestax mixer and an old G3 Powerbook streaming AAC's, our music collection is equally as random as our gear, we have a bit of everything.

The room is a good size, but with a real odd shape ... we sit about 10' away. Too close ... but I won't always live here .. some day these puppies will have space to breathe.

Posted Image

or there is the one ... again seen many times .. with the modified T-amp and Ipod

Posted Image

Jim - from the speaker end of the room -

And the organ pipe I got from the physics dept. at the college when they were cleaning out. Barbara thought it was pretty cool. It's not actually 8'. maybe more like 4 or 5. I like the current arrangement of the room a lot. I move furniture aound every onece in a while, it's cheaper than moving. [;)]

post-7149-13819367234838_thumb.jpg

Heh heh, Bruce[:P]...I know the pipe's physical dimension isn't 8' but it looks as if it's from a rank of pipes belonging to the 8' series of wooden flute stops (and it's either missing its foot or it's broken off). It's hard to describe to those who aren't familiar with pipe organs and their registrations (or group of stops/ranks which are broken into the usual 16', 8', 4', 2' catagories), and I won't go off topic here to get more specific.[:#]

Now, that guitar I know absolutely nothing about, other than it's real nice...what brand is it? PRS?[:)]

I agree with Jim. Bruce, your room looks like a very comfortable place to hang out. Of course, I'm certain visiting with you would make it all the more so!

I wish I had been able to meet up with you and your family when you were over this way. Even for an hour of so, it would have been nice.

Jim, I knew is was from the 8' set. The foot is missing. Nothing broken off of it. Barbara and I collected all kinds of junk... makes the house rather eclectic. Not sure the new lady will go for that. [*-)]

Bruce:

I really like that space -- warmth of wood, a mantle clock (do you know the maker? do you guys use it?), books -- it must be a great place to sit and listen, or just to think, with the tick-tock of the clock movement in the background. I have too many old clocks, but I love every one of them.

Here is our two:channel setup, which will change as far as sources go when we get an HD radio and eventually a new CD player. We'll probably move the Denon multi-format player down from the HT setup, and purchase a higher resolution player for movies. Upstairs is all Klipsch Heritage as far as speakers and center channel:

Lowthers in rear loaded horns right and left, with a sloped-baffle-time-aligned pair of monitors between them. They're made from very thick and virtually completely inert ceramic flue tile (high aggregate which does not ring in the least -- knuckle wrap is the same as thumping a tree trunk). The drivers are made by Vifa, they're ported at the back, and the crossovers are on the floor. I had been using a high-order series network, but have been playing around with a much more simple parallel network. I had been using more expensive capacitors in the tweeter, and much preferred the less expensive mylars. Caps just aren't a big deal to me -- I use what sounds good regardless of measured response.

The Moth with AVVT meshplates (rather expensive) (like the pair my wife and I gave to another forum member awhile back), and the digital Teac for the two-way monitors, which is being used with my 6SN7 preamp. I'm just using a Y-jack off the CD player -- one pair to the Moth, one to the preamp. I was also using the stepped attenuator I built from a Transcendent kit in the moth, but found a simple pair of Alps mono log pots better for balancing with differences in tube gain. Bass response with the PM2A Lowthers is not really deep, but what you do get sounds marvelous, and is actually pretty respectable. I think I may be moving the smaller monitor/Teac system to another room, since my wife gets confused about what is what when she wants to listen when I'm not at home.

Erik

post-10533-13819367284628_thumb.jpg

Oh: The ceramic two-way inclosures were cut from a single long piece of red flue tile. I used a circular saw with a masonry blade, cutting at 1/8" depth passes at a time, all the way around, until I cut through. The blade angle at the top and bottom had to be changed to account for the slope, which was not so fun to work with.

I welded the 15" stands together from 1/8" rectangular box steel, which is filled with a heavy, ceramic aggregate material I used when making clay for my college students.

Erik

Erik, it's always a pleasure to see your numerous systems. Bet your ceramic 2-ways are great to listen to as much as those Lowthers (and your Heritage HT as well). Must be nice to be handy...I have two left thumbs and had to learn the hard way which end of a soldering iron to hold onto (hard to believe I'm my dad's first born).[:$]

Jim, I knew is was from the 8' set. The foot is missing. Nothing broken off of it. Barbara and I collected all kinds of junk... makes the house rather eclectic. Not sure the new lady will go for that. Confused

Bruce, that house and all your "stuff" is who you are (along with that organ pipe...too bad the foot's missing; you could really huff and puff into it to make it speak and it would take all your breath to do so...loads of fun for the whole family)...I'm sure the new lady will accept it all as she has accepted you.[;)]

And is that guitar a burled maple Dean? I'm still trying to guess...

And is that guitar a burled maple Dean? I'm still trying to guess...

Jim,

The guitar is a Godin LG-P90. All mahogany... a beautiful piece of wood. I got is used for $300. I love this guitar.

post-7149-13819367364312_thumb.jpg