lets see YOUR two channel setups

Marvel - thanks for the picture advice - you rock!

Not sure where Lafayette GA is - but if it's near Savannah GA I may swing by and say HI - daughters in college in Savannah so I visit often.

Unfortunately, I'm up close to Chattanooga, TN. Just south of the border a few miles.

The picture directions obviously worked. [;)] Love the Pioneer stuff. I have an RT tape deck, but it is missing the top head cover. A guy in my church gave it to me.

Bruce

Here is a shot a few days before we bought the boat. It was floating, but that's about it, engine didn't run, interior was mess, electrical was all shot. So we have pulled those Ford 427's out, dropped in Chevy 454's, sanded all wood down(well almost, still in progress), pulled all new electric.... bent shaft, rudders, mold and mildew. It's been fun everyweekend since Oct.

IMG_4440_001.sized.jpg

Lots of photos here. Wouldn't know where to start if I had to post things.

Back to the Audio, so were still debating if we want an external amp. We are going to be running a Car Stereo head unit to drive a pair of Polk Audio 6x9's inside the cabin, and the Klipsch KHO's in the wheelhouse. Were getting a unit that has a 7" touchscreen so we can play DVD's, which we eventually hope to use extra video output to drive an eventual 27" LCD on the inside. Well the headunit looks like around 17W RMS, 55 peak, which should be good with the higher sensitivity of the KHO's....but that's into a 4ohm load, and the KHO is 8ohm.... Adding in an extra amp will only draw extra current from our house battery, so it's a toss up. I'd rather have the extra power due to the higher load, but my buddy rather not have the extra draw, and doesn't see us needing to play it loud. I'm just worried about a clean undistorted signal.

If Klipsch only had some car speakers... *cough*

dgoreck,

What did you do with the pair of Ford 427s???

Roger

Here is a shot a few days before we bought the boat. It was floating, but that's about it, engine didn't run, interior was mess, electrical was all shot. So we have pulled those Ford 427's out, dropped in Chevy 454's, sanded all wood down(well almost, still in progress), pulled all new electric.... bent shaft, rudders, mold and mildew. It's been fun everyweekend since Oct.

IMG_4440_001.sized.jpg

Lots of photos here. Wouldn't know where to start if I had to post things.

Back to the Audio, so were still debating if we want an external amp. We are going to be running a Car Stereo head unit to drive a pair of Polk Audio 6x9's inside the cabin, and the Klipsch KHO's in the wheelhouse. Were getting a unit that has a 7" touchscreen so we can play DVD's, which we eventually hope to use extra video output to drive an eventual 27" LCD on the inside. Well the headunit looks like around 17W RMS, 55 peak, which should be good with the higher sensitivity of the KHO's....but that's into a 4ohm load, and the KHO is 8ohm.... Adding in an extra amp will only draw extra current from our house battery, so it's a toss up. I'd rather have the extra power due to the higher load, but my buddy rather not have the extra draw, and doesn't see us needing to play it loud. I'm just worried about a clean undistorted signal.

If Klipsch only had some car speakers... *cough*

dgoreck,

Roger

dgoreck,

Roger

Roger,

We sold them a long time ago....must have been eary spring sold both to a local guy who wanted to rebuild them for his race cars.

Might as well update...yes the boat got in the water on July 3rd 10:30pm..yeah that late at night.

Her she is running the first weekend. The speakers kick butt, can easily bring them up over the engine noise when under cruise speed, and it's nice that we put them up high, so we can fill the back area with music when we have a load of people onboard.

IMG_5817.sized.jpg

~Dan

I thought I would post an updated pic of my rig, since the last one was from May of 2006 and things have changed a bit since then.

Clearaudio Champion II

Shanling T100

McIntosh C36

Juicymusic Tercel

PS Audio Quintessence

Shanling SP80 mono blocks

2chnl_living.jpg

Man I so want a CA Champion II, super rig..love it. Love the VTI rack as well. [Y][Y][Y][Y]

Man I so want a CA Champion II, super rig..love it. Love the VTI rack as well. YesYesYesYes

Thanks - like my tag line, this is a point in time on a long journey down the audio highway. I have rolled a lot of gear in and out over the years working towards my "keeper" system. This one is at a point of almost perfection for me. To take it up a notch would require exponential money, and for me, wouldn't give the ROI.

Man Luther, your systems are always spot onBig Smile

I don't know about that but I do like them. Here is a pic from the past weekend's meet at my place. One of my "other" systems. The speakers on the stools and the system on the floor were part of the meet. The rest of the system is mine.

den.jpg