OT: My last woodworking project for Mom...

fini

Sorry for the off-topic content, which, I realize, may offend some, but I thought more than a couple of my friends here would appreciate seeing what I've been working on for the last week.

As many of you know, my mother passed away in April. Thank you again for the care and support! Well, my brother and sister (and our families) are heading for Mt. Shasta this weekend, to lay Mom to rest next to my Dad, on some property we own. Just like Dad, she was cremated. And since Mom thoroughly enjoyed owning and receiving various woodworking projects by me, it seemed appropriate that I should construct her "wooden urn" (I guess you'd call it). I just kind of made it up as I went along. It has brass hardware, and is satin-lined. My girls found a ceramic flower bead which we attached to the top. I think she'd be pleased.

Moms_box1.jpg

Moms_box2.jpg

Thank you, everyone, for the kind support here, and in emails and PMs. It was a good weekend, with my brother, sister, and their families. We have such great memories of the Mt. Shasta area (my Dad and Grandpa built the house there during every summer vacation growing up), we felt very comforted Mom can stay there now. Good view of the mountain from that spot, and there were some Shasta lillies blooming a few feet away.