Why do 99.9% of women....

jpm

----------------

On 7/15/2005 12:35:37 PM jpm wrote:

care less about a nice audio system? How can they be happy with a Bose Wave radio or less?

Discuss

----------------

My other guess is that 99.9% of women haven't HEARD a nice audio system. Put the question the other way around--What would happen if you replaced your system with Bose? I bet those stats would change!6.gif

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My ex-Mrs didn't give .02 bout the stereo until her friends commented on it being the best they'd ever heard (she was a very shallow person). The new Mrs was somewhat pre-ordained into my stereo afflictions. She actually had a decent system herself PRIOR to our relationship. Now we have stereo gear in 2 of 4 bedrooms, a full on A/V room (all Klipsch Reference) and quite a nice main stereo downstairs. No she's not gonzo bout the gear but she at least respects my interest in it...and that it's a lot cheaper than custom cars and boats...and it keeps me focused on the home. We have a lot of fun. (Perhaps as a side note she REALLY likes collegiate and pro-football. Mebbe that's a qualifying factor? If the lady likes sports she might have soem interest in stereo too!!??)2.gif

----------------

On 7/15/2005 4:29:11 PM tkdamerica wrote:

My other guess is that 99.9% of women haven't HEARD a nice audio system. Put the question the other way around--What would happen if you replaced your system with Bose? I bet those stats would change!
6.gif

----------------

I don't think it'd be worth taking the risk... 2.gif

My wife didn't think much of the first pair of Cornwalls - until they were here for a few weeks. Those Corns had everything played through them - TV, CD, FM, you name it.

Then you take the Corns away.

Then she says "wow, those OTHER speakers don't sound nearly as good, do they."

Then later, "When I heard that song at work, I realized just what we were missing before the Klipsch".

The secret: ADDICT THEM. Don't tell 'em jack about specs or anything else. Just use them. Then take them away. Then the true value will come to the fore.

I then bought a pair of Belles for her favorite room - where the 2 channel system resides. She thinks they are beautiful. And they are.

And so is she.

Game, Set, Match.

I agree with the great looks of the Belles... aesthetically speaking. They're beautiful speakers. I also can relate to most nice systems being less costly than cars or boats. That's actually a good sell when trying to justify dropping a few grand.

jdm -

You can use the audio year round, in most any weather, and everyone can enjoy it in the household. You need not wait for a holiday, time off, nor the coast guard asking you for your permits2.gif It truly is an investment in your home that pays far better dividends than a boat ever could - at least for us!

And when they are built like Heritage, you only have to do it once.

tkd: The key to Klipschorns is to have those installed the first time she sees them. If she sees them away from the wall or being rolled in on a dolly - no way. If she first sees them installed, they will look MUCH less imposing - and they will look like they "belong" there....especially if you have proper corners.

"Secondly, women in general aren't as critically minded,"

LOL....If your wife or GF ever sees that post you will damned soon learn just how critically minded a woman can be!

My wife FWIW was only mildly interested in our stereo system until I bought KLF30s. Those really did get her attention. She was a little sceptical when I found a pair of Khorns but went along graciously,( but mainly because she understood how badly I wanted them ).

A couple of months later she walked in on me as I was rope caulking a midhorn and went sideways...."WTF?? are you doing to our speakers !( This from a lady who had once damned near let her mother talk her into becoming a cloistered nun!)Up to that point it had been my stereo and my speakers.

My experience certainly validates Painful's comments.

My wife is only interested in how the music sounds. She couldn't care less about how it's done.

She does like Klipschorns though. She thinks they sound good and are less intrusive than just about any other loudspeaker - except the Bose® offerings. She thinks Bose® are very room friendly, but she doesn't like how they sound, (thank goodness!).

Great topic! And I've enjoyed the responses.

I think I'm lucky because my girlfriend had been over to my place about 4 times before she noticed my La Scalas! She asked "What are those big black things in the corners, speakers?" 6.gif I said yes and that she had been hearing them everytime she was over. She hasn't said anything else about them.

Paul

Sure would love to hear from the few female Klipsch Forum members what they think about the situation; from a woman's perspective if you will.

I'm single, so I have no real experiences to add...all of my previous girlfriends didn't really care about my systems or their sound qualities. One was content just listening to AM radio broadcasts! One other did say though that she liked this type of hobby over most others, that it was something the both of us could share together, and that it would keep her man HOME!11.gif

----------------

On 7/15/2005 8:36:19 PM jt1stcav wrote:

Sure would love to hear from the few female Klipsch Forum members what they think about the situation; from a woman's perspective if you will...

----------------

If I remember right, the only reason Tawny and Tickles hang around Thebes, was because of his sound system. That's just what I heard...I don't know if they qualify for forum members or if that is even true...

I am one of the lucky ones. My wife would actually let me put another pair of forte II's in for surrounds. She likes movies, and she likes the movies when played through the system. Plus she knows that I like it and allows me to indulge.

I have yet to drop serious money on a separate amp system yet, the Big test....

"If I remember right, the only reason Tawny and Tickles hang around Thebes, was because of his sound system. That's just what I heard...I don't know if they qualify for forum members or if that is even true.."

I interviewded the girls and neither knew that he had a stereo! Tawny said "Holy crap! I just hadn't thought of him having ears too!

----------------

On 7/15/2005 10:41:16 PM lynnm wrote:

I interviewded the girls and neither knew that he had a stereo! Tawny said "Holy crap! I just hadn't thought of him having ears too!

----------------

Remember the movie "Bachelor Party" with Tom Hanks? As he tries to talk to one of the "professionals" at the party, paraphrasing....

Tom: "Have you seen my broth.."

Girl: "What?"

Tom: "HAVE YOU SEEN...." pointing to her double D's "Are these on or am I just waisting my time?"

It's not that they don't care about good audio systems. It's that they have different priorities. For the most part, I believe they don't value the technical and sonic advantages of a great audio system vs it's ugly-factor.

Face it guys, they do tend to have a sense of fashion, while most of us could care less about dressing for the seasons other than 'short sleve shirt when hot' and 'long sleeve shirt when cool'.

Just like i'm not into fashion enough to justify spending $100 on a pair of shoes like my girlfriend. It would make sense why their not attracted to speakers that are designed for guys.

-Joe