The Heritage Gathering Attendee List Grows

Tony Reed

I will be editing this list as necessary. Please keep me up to date on who's attending.

September 17th and 18th.

Trey Cannon

1. Tony Reed

2. DaddyDee

3. tkdamerica

4. bhendrix

5. Rdmarsiii

6. dtel

7. Whathesae

8. DeanG

9. popbumper

10. blindman

11. Seadog

12. Thumpelstiltskin

13. hwatkins

14. Mallette

15. DRBILL

16. Kriton

17. KhornKerry

18. fini

19. Wrench_peddler

20. Woodog

21. Gilbert

22. seti

23. LarryC

24. kaiser SET say

25. Arkytype

26. BEC

27. mandi (hopeful)

28. ssh (hopeful)

29. customsteve01 (hopeful)

30. TommyC (hopeful)

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

----------------

On 7/25/2005 8:21:07 AM Tony Reed wrote:

I will be editing this list as necessary. Please keep me up to date on who's attending.

September 17th and 18th. (tentative)

----------------

If that is going to be the date, then I am definitly not going to be able to go, since that is the weekend I'll be in Atlanta, GA. I'd love to go, but since I am going to Atlanta in Semptember, that pretty much kills my travel budget.

For those planning to visit Hope, AR, here's a map. I've written in locations of the Holiday Inn Express, Best Western, and a couple of Mexican restaurants. I ate at Dos Locos Gringos and found it to be pretty good! By the way, #2 on the map labeled "Chamber of Commerce" is the location of the Klipsch Museum.

Mick Bell

post-16271-1381926874832_thumb.jpg

----------------

On 7/26/2005 10:12:00 PM Hardhead wrote:

For the benefit of those driving, the lefthand exit off I-30 on Mick's map (U.S. 278 and Holiday Inn Express, Best Western, etc.) is Exit 30, and the righthand exit (labelled "To Industrial Park") is Exit 31.

----------------

Um, do we need all these directions? I mean, isn't Miss Valerie and the Hope Community Band (w/ banners, streamers, etc.) gonna greet us at the edge of town? I know Barney's gonna be chasin' us out...

2.gif

First, this post is copied from the older thread, so stop me if you've heard this one... It has been slightly edited and re-ordered.

I recommend Texarkana as a place to stay for most attending. Unless something has changed, there is no alcohol in Hope. Txk is a pleasant 35 minutes from Hope via Interstate 30 and, though hardly the most exciting city in the south, has accomadations at most price points. Sheraton at I-35 and State Line Ave is recommended as probably the best in town as well as right on the road to Hope. Also, a little-known nearby tourist attraction will be of interest to some of you who either like Civil War history or just preservation in general. The town of Washington, AR is just a few minutes past the Klipsch plant site and almost like Pompeii in being preserved in time. Sam Houston and others met there to plan the Texas Revolution, there is evidence the Bowie knife was forged there, and one of the finely preserved buildings served as Arkansas' last confederate state capitol. If that isn't enough, the world's large Magnolia tree is also there! Lightly traveled, in my experience, and well worth an afternoon, especially for those who may get "dragged along" with you and want some diversion.

Make a run down to the Txk AR-TX Post Office and get a quick picture of yourself with your head in TX and your *** in AR (or vice versa) while you are at it. Everybody does...

Finally, while a trip to Hope is always nifty, it is the names I know so well from the list that are planning to attend that has my blood pumping. Can't wait to put faces to all this fertilizer we've churned out over the years.

My schedule is hard to predict as I am doing short-term contract work and looking for a long-term assignment or employment at the moment. However, I have WAF buy-in (she wants to visit as well!) to say we will be there unless prevented by forces beyond our control.

For you DFW metroplex area folks, it is 4 hours from DFW-Hope from my just north of DFW Airport location EXCEPT at rush when we must go north to US 380 to bypass the mess...and I do not speed. Been doing it for 20 years.

I was raised in Texarkana and my sister still lives there, so I've guaranteed housing 35 minutes away. My first visit was with PWK himself and my college roommate arranged by Fr. Risinger, PWK's parish priest at the time who was also vicar at Magnolia, AR where we attended Suffrin' State College. It was a couple of hours of pure attention from the Great One as though we were the first honored guests to every ask dumb questions. What a fine man! My friend and I hadn't enough money between us to buy a catedral sound spring reverb speaker for our car, much less a Klipsch product, but that didn't seem to bother him a bit. He knew one or the other, or both of us would carry forth the TVRTH and never look back. I returned about 10 years later for a tour with my first wife and rec'd yet another open arms welcome (even though they no longer did tours!) from the Kg2 designer (forget his name at them moment...sorry!) and the Klipsch hospitality was still there even though PWK was not that day.

Dave

for some reason I want to say the old Magnolia tree was either hit with a bad freeze or some other mishap that forced them to cut a lot away. Too bad we did not think about scheduling this to go along with the watermelon festival that is Aug. 11-14. Can't beat a quarter of a cold watermelon for a $.25. You can even enter the seed spittin contest.

• Klipsch Employees

----------------

On 7/28/2005 12:34:32 PM Tony Reed wrote:

Hope becomes very crowded during the Watermelon Festival. That might be the
wrong
time to be there.

Tony

----------------

That and Ark in Aug. is not fun most of the time. The heat will be less in Sept.

• Klipsch Employees

----------------

On 8/3/2005 10:20:29 AM Tony Reed wrote:

OK, attendees... the dates are "set in stone". Sept. 17th & 18th. Trey or I will soon have some info on accommodations. There will be plenty to do. So who's bringing equipment?

Tony
----------------

Looks like we will have about 5 hr or so to eat and listen to stuff.

You will have to haul the stuff from the Hotel to dinner about 15 mil away (out in the sticks)

This dinner is BYOB! Remember Hempstead Co. is DRY. No adult drinks for sale.