The Heritage Gathering Attendee List Grows

Tony Reed

----------------

On 8/3/2005 10:31:54 AM Trey Cannon wrote:

I can help with the tent thing....

What do you need...electric, bathroom or nothing more than a palce to pitch a tent?

----------------

Nothing more than a place to pitch (and a place to dig a hole, if you know what I mean 9.gif) a Bathroom would be nice and showers even better--but not manditory. I also have a few tents (2-3 person) in case anyone needs to borrow one. I also have several camp stoves and assesories for people that wish to fly in and still camp without lugging alot of stuff. {BTW I can also stop at the beverage store before I leave Texas--A keg could be in order 10.gif }

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

For the rest of us, we will probably be staying at the Holiday Inn right off the Interstate in Hope. Also, dinner will be at our listening / party / restaurant location. ($10.00 - $15.00 each) And don't forget to bring your favorite CD's.

Tony

• Klipsch Employees

----------------

On 8/3/2005 11:35:02 AM Tony Reed wrote:

For the rest of us, we will probably be staying at the Holiday Inn right off the Interstate in Hope. Also, dinner will be at our listening / party / restaurant location. ($10.00 - $15.00 each) And don't forget to bring your favorite CD's.

Tony

----------------

I just talked to the HI. They are giving you guys a little break on the price. Normal is $75 / room + $10 for each extra person. If you tell them you want to book a room with the "KLIPSCH TOUR" they will give you a flat rate on a room for $67.50

I have 20 rooms held in the "KLIPSCH TOUR" name. They will hold the rooms until Sept. 1st. So call and get your room.

Holiday Inn Express

2600 NORTH HERVEY

HOPE, AR 71801

UNITED STATES

1-870-7226262

FYI: the place where we are to eat is a real "REDNECK" place. The name of it is "Goat Roppers"...

----------------

On 8/3/2005 3:15:42 PM Mallette wrote:

OK, Trey, I'll bite...just what does "ropping a goat" look like? I may have children with me. We Klipsheads don't get out much, donchaknow...

Dave

----------------

OMG, I feel like I am back in Arkansas 10.gif9.gif All kidding aside, do we have to wear shoes in the restaurant? {edit: OK I was kidding--Arkansas is a beautiful place and the people are some of the nicest you will meet}

The question about "equipment" came up - tentatively I will be bringing:

1) A K-stack crossover network or two

2) One or two of my Cornwall cab rebuilds

3) POSSIBLY a modified Academy - maybe even a NEW Academy (meaning, one I am going to build from scratch)

That would be my list of goodies. If anyone has suggestions on what TYPE of K-stack crossover they would like to see/hear, just let me know, thanks!

Chris

• Klipsch Employees

----------------

On 8/3/2005 3:15:42 PM Mallette wrote:

OK, Trey, I'll bite...just what does "ropping a goat" look like? I may have children with me. We Klipsheads don't get out much, donchaknow...

Dave
----------------

Goat roping is a rodeo event that features a teathered goat and one mounted cowgirl. The cowgirl will ride up to the goat, hop off the horse, run up to the goat, toss the goat on its side and tie three of the goat's legs together with a pigging string

Yes, You will need shoes for this tour / dinner. After that your on your own...

Well, you are asking for maybes here, so maybe. My wife and I both want to attend, but we are both doing contract work at the moment and the client rules, donchaknow.

However, we'll be there unless prevented by the exigencies of business. At least with a sister in Texarkana we don't need no stinkin' reservations.

Dave

what's all this talk of mounting a cowgirl ?....

So who's going from the midwest? I think a vanload starting in Wisconsin, picking up the Chicago clan, some Indy types on the way might be a terrific bonding experience. The 4 hour drive at end of plane ride sounds pretty pricey.

Any other road warriors out there?

Micahel

Sounds like a swell event, even if it's not Klipsch-sponsored. I'd love to attend, but work prevents me from joining in on the festivities. Hopefully someone will take lots of photos and post 'em on the forum. Have fun, guys.2.gif

What time will things get started on Saturday? Is anything happening on Friday evening or is this a Saturday/Sunday only event? I guess I'm wondering if I should drive up from the Dallas area Saturday morning or Friday afternoon.

David

• Klipsch Employees

I think we will start about 9am Sat. that will give us time to do all the things Tony and I have planed. We will break for lunch about 12 or 1. We will meet up with our afternoon tour guide at about 2. That tour will take 2 hr or so...by 4 we will need to go back and load up the gear. Dinner is at 6 or so...well the set up will start at that time...and we can go until 10 or 11. We then must load the gear up again and take it back to the HI.

After hours party will start about 12. The bars close at 5am but the dirt roads never close....,)

Lunch...what do you want to eat? BBQ, Catfish, Dead cow...(Fini- cowgirls are not on the menu.......)16.gif

----------------

On 8/3/2005 8:59:56 PM colterphoto1 wrote:

I think a vanload starting in Wisconsin, picking up the Chicago clan, some Indy types on the way might be a terrific bonding experience.

----------------

Too far for me (I'm far north-east here), but i love the idea of "van pooling". The Heritage tour would have been fun, but maybe i can borrow your idea for one of the next Indy tours.

Rob