Top Posters In This Topic

----------------

On 7/26/2005 2:49:10 PM TommyC wrote:

----------------

On 7/26/2005 8:35:39 AM seti wrote:

currently in cdp

cibbo matto - stereo type a

----------------

Cool! I just got finished listening to Cibo Matto - Viva! La Woman Last night. Interesting stuff.

----------------

I love their rendidtion of the candy man....great stuff. If you like cibo matto you should check out ex-girl and polysics both japanese and bloody brilliant/strange.... I have a huge thing for the girls in cibo matto.

I love their rendidtion of the candy man....great stuff. If you like cibo matto you should check out ex-girl and polysics both japanese and bloody brilliant/strange.... I have a huge thing for the girls in cibo matto.

----------------

Me too, and my wife has noticed! 9.gif

I have heard Polysics and loved it. I will have to look for some ex-girl.

----------------

On 7/27/2005 4:47:09 PM TommyC wrote:

----------------

Me too, and my wife has noticed!
9.gif

I have heard Polysics and loved it. I will have to look for some ex-girl.

----------------

LOL single white male in search of japanese punk rock girls : )

Wow there can't be too many polysics fans around. Check out their live in the US dvd it is great. I don't know how their bass player does it her fingers are like magic so fast and she makes it look so easy. The dvd is worth it just to see her play.

----------------

On 7/27/2005 5:55:10 PM IndyKlipschFan wrote:

Candy Man.. Wasn't that Sammy Davis Jr...??

I can just imagine a version in my head from Good Charlotte, or a creapy one from Marylin Manson, or even scarrier version from Michael Jackson.

----------------

Marylin Manson covers I usually don't like but his cover of soft cells tainted love is pretty groovey.

If you like modern new different music Cibo Matto does not disappoint.

I knew I would like ex-girl when an album review read "Although comparisons have been made to the Slits, Nina Hagen and Frank Zappa, think frogs." Hell yeah : )

http://metropolis.japantoday.com/tokyomusicconcerts/japanbeat/373/tokyomusicjapanbeatinc.htm

When I get hired for another job that'll be third on my list (job ws eliminated last November). Fortunatley the equipment is always in the shade, near a window that's always open and in a very well ventilated cabinet.

It would do my alergies some good too.

I just don't have the five grand.

• 3 weeks later...

----------------

On 8/5/2005 2:09:06 AM Thumpelstiltskin wrote:

Tab Benoit - Fever For the Bayou
----------------

I really like Tab Benoit, but I have been on a Robert Plant kick as of recent, been listening to 'The Primciple of Moments'. Really like this CD. Still can't understand why 'Pictures at Eleven' was so highly thought of, perhaps is takes time.

----------------

On 8/25/2005 5:50:11 PM joshnich wrote:

Lucinda Willaims Live at the Fillmore

Janis Ian Billies Bones

Rodney Crowell The Houston Kid
----------------

I saw Lucinda at the Mann in Philadelphia. Was not a huge fan before basically went because Susan Tedeschi openned (who was awesome), but she converted me to an extent. I am just getting into her music, she has a lot of good songs I am just discovering.