RF-7's made in ... China?

Nicu

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I know for a fact that from at least up through the 35 level the newer Reference speakers are made in China. Not sure about the RB-75's/RC-7's/RS-7's/RF-7's. Who cares? It is still the same excellent Klipsch design and quality IMO. Some will only try to buy American, and to some extent I agree. But for me, it is a no-brainer to go for the Klipsch sound and value for the dollars I spent for my upstairs/downstairs/shop/computer systems. Very affordable, quality sound in well-built enclosures. If I were a bit more fanatical (and had a wife that would not choke me for it...) then I would have probably opted to go with Reference-7 speakers at least upstairs. All in all, Klipsch speakers are still Klipsch speakers to me, no matter where they were built!9.gif

-----------------------------------------

Imamtnbiker posted: . . . Who cares? It is still the same excellent Klipsch design and quality IMO. Some will only try to buy American, and to some extent I agree. But for me, it is a no-brainer to go for the Klipsch sound and value for the dollars I spent for my upstairs/downstairs/shop/computer systems. . .

-----------------------------------------

Well, I do.

While I'm not a blinder wearing "Buy American" shouting so n so, I really do have some problems with china that have only worsened exponitialy (sp?) since they forced down down our plane a few years back . . .

like it or not, I think the US and the chicom republic are on at the very least, an economic & resource collision course . . . I would just as soon NOT be helping to finance the chicom

btw, Yes I do know how hard it is to avoid the purchase of "made in china" ... dang near impossible!

btw II, I for one am glad that chicom controlled "business interests" Failed in their bid to gain control over UNOCAL

ironically, i discovered Klipsch through the Klipsch promedia 5.1 system I have had, that was made in china. it broke twice, and now is a doorstop. chinese people should stick to food, they arent good at making electronics that last. Koreans, okay, Thaiwanese, okay, probably even rival Japanese manufacturing standards. I know my RF7/RC7s say "made in Hope Arkansas and signed by B W". from now on i'll pay extra for japenese, or american made stuff, no more mexican/chinese electronics for me...

Yes the Promedia ultra's were my doorway to klipsch...actually not true...i bought a pair of 2.1promedias once but returned them back because they were 'too loud' and for years after that i dreamnt about owning klipsch...then finally i saved up the buy a set of promedia ultra's...then i caught a fever of wanting to upgrade...

and now the same room that couldnt handle the promedia 2.1's have a pair of rf'7's and a sub thats larger than my 8 year old sister :D:D:D

and it doesnt stop there...

100th post 1.gif

As we use our computers right now, most are all made in china now.

At work, all the computer mother boards have "made in china".

It's very hard to get anything these days that doesn't say

"made in china". I have quite a few electronics in my house

that say "made in china" such as, microwave, clock-alarm-radio, digital camera, web cam, CD player (Rotel), DVD player (Sony)(Panasonic)(Rotel),

Amp and PreAmp (Rotel)(Sony), Food blender, Food processor, vacuum cleaner, Tiffany Lamps, light sensors, electric shaver, dimmers and light switch, and some others I haven't remembered. I've had some for years still working fine with no problems. I haven't had not one problem with any of them, knock on wood! Hope that I don't! 2.gif

I do understand the concern for giving China too much power though!

In that respect, I feel the same, but for the electronics quality..... China has proved themselves to be good to most of the World.

My RF-7's say Hope, Ark. and signed by a couple of employee's in

Hope.

The quality of the RF-7's are a good build quality.

Yes, the wood ven. is over MDF and not solid wood as

sunburn's willys thingy Belle's are, just to point out so

I don't have sunburnwilly bragging to me about it! 13.gif

Klipsch Heritage speakers were made from baltic birch plywood. MDF is less expensive and looks good when real wood is used to cover it.

The RF-7s and 5s have a real wood veneer on both sides. The speakers are manufactured in Hope from drivers manufactured in Mexico.

Personally, I try to avoid goods manufactured in the Peoples' Republic of China. On the other hand, Taiwanese goods are fine in my view.

Bill