VRD owners!

NOSValves

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Craig----If you want what you post to be nobody's business but your's then post on your own forum. You have no business saying what is or isn't business on this forum.

And while Klipsch may allow you to use THEIR forum for YOUR business promotion I still hold that you are being an unethical parasite. But their allowing you is their business.

It's not as though you were a hobbyist showing us what you do out of pride or selfless interest.

Craig----If you want what you post to be nobody's business but your's then post on your own forum. You have no business saying what is or isn't business on this forum.

And while Klipsch may allow you to use THEIR forum for YOUR business promotion I still hold that you are being an unethical parasite. But their allowing you is their business.

It's not as though you were a hobbyist showing us what you do out of pride or selfless interest. In fact you and other self-interested types here have made this forum less hospitable to many horn enthusiasts who came here for the camaraderie and several very astute hornys have left this forum because of disgust at the commercial hanky-panky that goes on here.

So there are fewer knowledgeable hornys here than in the past, the level of the conversation on horns is way down and I admit I only come myself to crack wise and be perverse. But I'm not here to make a buck off any of the other members.

yaaaaaaaaaaawwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwn What you think means less then nothing to me.

Tom,

I don't get it. If Craig uses capitalist means to improve his lot

in life how does that become unbecoming? You generally promote

taking advantage of capitalism to better one's own life. Why is

Craig doing it make him an "unethical parasite"? Or Dean?

Or Al? Or anyone else?

If they learn and promote products on the Klipsch forum which increases

the enjoyment others have of Klipsch products, they are, by default,

doing Klipsch a service and their fellow forum members as well.

Great line by the way. "Unethical parasite". Damn that was

funny. I will be certain to use it in a situation I deem more

appropriate.

PS. It isn't like Craig is becoming rich and has an abundance of

disposable income to spend on grammar or spelling lessons. Sorry,

Craig. Couldn't resist. [;)]

It's not as though you were a hobbyist showing us what you do out of pride or selfless interest.

Tom,

there's one problem with your line of thought.

I did posts just like the C22 thread in this forum LONG before I ever received payment for this type of work. This is not only my business this is my hobby also. I may get promotion or business from that thread but by the same token someone could opt to just do the job on there own!!

Craig

Boxing Gloves!! Get your red hot Boxing Gloves riiiight here. Come and gitt'em while they last because there going like hot cakes.

BOXING GLOVES! GET YOUR BOXING GLOVES!!!!

Insertable horse shoes not included, void where prohibitted by law, not responsible for nose bleeds or dental work.

Boxing Gloves!! Get your red hot Boxing Gloves riiiight here. Come and gitt'em while they last because there going like hot cakes.

BOXING GLOVES! GET YOUR BOXING GLOVES!!!!

Insertable horse shoes not included, void where prohibitted by law, not responsible for nose bleeds or dental work.

Funniest post of the year award goes to...........Gilbert. I laughed hard at that one.

Personally, I thought the C-22 thread was a good one because it showed everyone what could be done to an preamp with a before and after picture with the descriptions. I find the pics useful as a teaching tool.

I don't think Craig was begging for complements, just reminding some of his customers that he could use some of their useful comments if they had them as he was updating his website. I assume that would also mean some reviews with a criticism or two if warranted.

This is more of a tempest in a teapot, if you ask me. [;)]

Like tubes? Like Heritage Klipsch? I would not be so fast to condem

those that offer their products and services here. I've said it

before... this is a dying industry. If these guys can make any

contribution that helps preserve the gear we love, I sure don't mind.

Don't believe me? Take a look at the Klipsch homepage. What's making

news? Heritage products? I don't think so. Seems like Joe Consumer

cares a lot more about the latest stylin' HT system, iPod accessory

(the "J-Cup adaptor" must appeal to Dolly Parton fans), or Hollywood

bi-sexual's "gift bag". All that's missing is a headline like "Space

Aliens Confuse ProMedia System For Mother Ship".

In 20 years most of that stuff will be clogging up some landfill, while

the products these guys make are still going strong. If by some reason

Joe Consumer stumbles across one of these threads, he might just become

curious about what a tube amp or crossover is. Heck, he might even be

surprised to learn that people still use speakers that are older than

he is - and that Klipsch still makes them (but he'll have to hunt down

the Heritage sub-menu).

So before you pee in someone's elses Wheaties, remember that the toes you step on... in the long run, may be your own.

Yea and funny part is the complainers just gave me more exposure. I mean I never intended this thread even get a response in the thread.

Craig

I think your avatar is the response to your statement above.

Try taking a Marketing 101 class at the local community college.

I don't see any relationship between your product and the promotion of Klipsch business. The fact they allow you to do so, says something about their sanctioning approach. When you post in a public forum, you can't claim it's not someone's business to respond, otherwise, beg on your own site. If I posted on your site I would be trolling. That is not the case here. When you make the post here, I or anyone else have every right to comment, whether you like it or not.

Klipsch out.

I am amazed as usual how some one can be slammed for posting something. Who cares the content, as long as it is not politics. Craig has helped me more than anyone on this Forum. I have a decent amount of disposable income, and it has purchased both new and used Klipsch speakers, as well as Forum members product. I will say again for all of you incredibly rude STUPID people.

Go out and buy from the Chinese, Japanese, or whom ever. Buy from strangers on E-Bay, and people you have no knowledge of. Why would you want to buy from someone you know, someone with the same interests. Boy that would be like...supporting some one you know. We can not do that for fear of....what?

Instead, crap all over a fellow Forum member.

Someone who will answer the phone and lend you a helping hand, and definitely give you an honest opinion. Yeah, maybe some of you should go start your own Forum were no one is friendly or supportive.

DON'T buy Craig's amps, buy MY networks - mine! mine! mine!

I did buy a pair of your networks. Then I sold them a few months later at a loss because they didn't sound as good as the ones I built myself (hat tip to ALK).

Which is one of the reasons I don't build any of the stock filters anymore.

Hey, I was just defending Edmond. If Craig hadn't slammed him and called him names I would have let this whole thing slide, as I have done every other time these NOS Valves Promotional Threads have appeared.

Edmond is a good man who has gone out of his way to help people in the same manner Craig has helped so many of us. He is NOT a troll--he was simply suggesting to Craig a BETTER way to fish for testimonials, a way that would seem less like a commerical for VRD Amps.