Why men shouldn't do dishes

wuzzzer

My wife and I had some friends over for lunch today. Afterwards she was washing the dishes and I was drying them. I had only dried a few plates when my wife dropped a knife on my foot. Now, this wasn't your ordinary paring knife. No, this was a foot and a half long, serrated Wusthof extra razor sharp knife she used for cutting the cake she made. [:o]

End result? Me with a gash going about 1/4"+ and 1/2" long into the side of my right foot. She thought nothing happened at first because there wasn't any blood. Well, not for 30 seconds or so. Then it started a-flowin'. At least I got out of doing any more dishes!

One of the major ways people cut themselves is wrestling with a dull knife..and it slips and YIKES. The way to keep those knives razor sharp is to whet them after each and every use. Don't wait until they're dull and then try to Daniel Boone sharpen them (unless you really know how to). It won't work to the degree you want or need. Even those fancy brand knives need this treatment to retain their killer edges!!![6]

Now I'm wandering in this instance IF there's not more to it. Sounds like the Mrs might be trying out some accident scenarios. I'd be watching my backside for the next attempt.[8-)]