Top Posters In This Topic

Ok--I'm no monster-thread killer--

Its "Back to the Island" by Leon Russell--

Hope you don't mind me taking the liberty of posting this challenge:

In the howling wind comes a stinging rain
See it driving nails into souls on the tree of pain
]from the firefly, a red orange glow
See the face of fear running scared in the valley below

Bob Dylan. My first philosophy professor loved Dylan and read from a book with the lyrics from his songs, then we discussed what it meant.

OK, try this one, you've all heard it... there aren't any words in this song...

Clearer score...

Title, I don't know no stink'in title, just that its Dylan.

The little music score is by one of the 'Three Bs' of classical music and the title features the name of a metalic substance that is about to hit $600/oz... said substace whose first letter in it's name is the key of the music...

Pauln

post-16099-13819286619398_thumb.gif

post-16099-1381929089611_thumb.gif

post-16099-1381929485808_thumb.gif

You got the key right, its in G, but the mode is not minor (with only F# it's major), and it is Bach, but look at the clue about the metal in the title - the metal that is about to hit $600/oz - whose first letter in it's name is the key of the peice - the metal's name is in the title of the peice - you're almost there...

post-16099-13819286672258_thumb.gif

post-16099-1381929094558_thumb.gif

post-16099-1381929490593_thumb.gif

Golden Boy

Goldilocks

Golden Brown

Goldfinger

Goldstein

Golden Hits

Gold strike

There's Gold in them thar hills

GoldPrice.com

Brahms and Beethoven may have the gold, but I have this composition

Goldman Sachs

The Gold Experience

Golden Calf

Bono singing "Silver and Gold"

Old Gold

Ready Set Gold

Molson Golden

Goldeneye

Duck laid a Golden egg

She got the Goldmine, and I got the shaft

Spun Gold

Everything she touched turned to Gold

Rolled Gold

Gold Dust

Behind every cloud there's a gold lining

Read it in the TV Gold

===OK thats it

any of these?

Another clue... the piece is made up of nine canons.

The Gold_ _ _ _ Variations - the missing four letters also would describe a big piece of floating ice...

It is the last of a series of keyboard music Bach published under the title of Clavierübung, and is often regarded as the most serious and ambitious composition ever written for harpsichord. Based on a single ground bass theme, the variations display not only Bach's exceptional knowledge of diverse styles of music of the day but also his exquisite performing techniques. Being also the largest of all clavier pieces published during the Baroque period, the work soars high above others in terms of its encyclopaedic character. From this, it is often considered that it sums up the entire history of Baroque variation, the Diabelli Variations by Beethoven being the Classical counterpart. However, doomed perhaps by its requirements of virtuoso techniques from a performer, it was not as popularly known as the Well-Tempered Clavier, which was not even published during the composer's lifetime. Nonetheless, the work has long been regarded as the most important set of variations composed in the Baroque era: in 1774 Johann Philipp Kirnberger, one of Bach's pupils, referred to it as "the best variations", while in 1802 Johann Nicolaus Forkel, the author of the first ever biography of J. S. Bach, praised the work as the "model, according to which all variations should be made". Doesn't everyone already have this in their IPods???

Pauln