Calling Klipsch personel,my dealer cannot get the THX series!

TheEAR

[:@]

I called my Klipsch dealer and asked to see how much would it cost to get two THX 120 passive subs and the matching THX 1000 amp,to my surprise they said they cannot get the THX series! This is utter garbage,I will not travel and buy from another place.

So if anyone at Klipsch could PM me,I want these subs and will buy them with the amp if I can from my Klipsch dealer.If I cannot I will not buy them and go with dual SVS PB2-Ultra(yes two PB2-Ultra subs).

So Klipsch what will it be,I want to give you guys a chance.As a long time Klipsch customer I deserve better than a "WE CANNOT GET THX subs because only THX authorised dealers can sell them".

What you say:

[:@]

I called my Klipsch dealer and asked

to see how much would it cost to get two THX 120 passive subs and the

matching THX 1000 amp,to my surprise they said they cannot get the THX

series! This is utter garbage,I will not travel and buy from another

place.

So if anyone at Klipsch could PM me,I want these subs and

will buy them with the amp if I can from my Klipsch dealer.If I cannot

I will not buy them and go with dual SVS PB2-Ultra(yes two PB2-Ultra

subs).

So Klipsch what will it be,I want to give you guys a

chance.As a long time Klipsch customer I deserve better than a "WE

CANNOT GET THX subs because only THX authorised dealers can sell

them".

What I hear:

"WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!"

Sorry, couldnt resist. [:P] In your heart you know that you want the THX subs. I call your bluff.

I wonder what is up with that ... You'd think they would authorize all the Canadian dealers since there is a paucity of them up there.

Arthur, I understand your angst. You might shoot a note off to Trey or someone, or double-check with Amy as the goodwill ombuds-person.

Two ultras? Whoa. I hope you're wearing a brain bucket [:P]

I noticed that Klipsch really has a "stepped" authorized
dealership model... where they
separate every series... computer, synergy, reference, thx, and heritage. I also noticed that a chain of stores (like
Dumoulin) have different series in different locations... odd

StHubert Radio doesn't list THX nor Heritage... and
neither does my local Fillion (actually they used to be Heritage
authorised). I wonder if the dealer's obligation includes
having some on the showroom floor? I've never seen either in
store...

ROb

Few months ago i was gonna buy, a pair of KW-120 and the Amp, because i had some money to blow... but i could not... we won't be getting any Klipsch Thx here in Australia... , so i just wasted the money on garbage.. i don't even know what.. I can understand.. it's hard to get them to Australia.. ok.. but CANADA... i am surprised.. Why???

SVS is ready to send me a pair of PB Ultra's.. and i really looking into it.. How can SVS can send it .. but not Klipsch... Anyway.. i respect SVS for that although i don't own any yet... but i will surely ..in the future.. and i have heard... raving reviews from every part of the world...

In this house Klipsch is always welcome...

I think you just disproved your quote...

Plus I think in all fairness you should give a little more than 24 hours to make a knee-jerk reaction, especially considering today is a holiday (at least here in the U.S.) and the moderators are probably enjoying themselves and appreciating the fact that they're not sitting in front of a computer babysitting people on here.

[sn]

• Klipsch Employees

No response from any Klipsch personel,you dont care,fine! I get it it will be SVS PB2-Ultra and HSU VTF3-HO/Turbo for me next year.Too damn bad for Klipsch.

Maybe SVS will care more than Klipsch.

I would like to point out that you posted your question at almost 8pm indy time the night before Thanksgiving.

(A national US holiday)

Klipsch closed Wen. at 5pm indy time.

IF you want someone to help I suggest you get off your high horse and wait until Monday. At that time I will be glad to have your national sales rep contact you and let you know what is going on.

IF you can not wait unitl Monday, enjoy your cardboard sub.

Let me get off my high horse first...DONE

I find irritating the place I buy ALL my Klipsch gear from cannot order the Klipsch THX subs.I do not need to hear them or test them before deciding.They are not a THX dealer,so what they hold pretty much all R series products in stock and should be allowed to get my own Klipsch THX subs.

And yes Klipsch is very welcome.

Thanks Trey for the repply.

I would like to point out that you posted

your question at almost 8pm indy time the night before Thanksgiving. (A

national US holiday) Klipsch closed Wen. at 5pm indy time.

And what in the world are you doing on here!!...

I knew IT... you actually luv us guys... [:$][:P]

No response from any Klipsch personel,you dont care,fine! I get it it will be SVS PB2-Ultra and HSU VTF3-HO/Turbo for me next year.Too damn bad for Klipsch.

I would like to point out that you posted your question at almost 8pm indy time the night before Thanksgiving. (A national US holiday) Klipsch closed Wen. at 5pm indy time. IF you want someone to help I suggest you get off your high horse and wait until Monday. At that time I will be glad to have your national sales rep contact you and let you know what is going on. IF you can not wait unitl Monday, enjoy your cardboard sub.

oooooooooooooooooooooooOOOooOoOOOOooooo....

trey just b**** slapped theear

I would like to point out that you posted your question at almost 8pm indy time the night before Thanksgiving. (A national US holiday) Klipsch closed Wen. at 5pm indy time. IF you want someone to help I suggest you get off your high horse and wait until Monday. At that time I will be glad to have your national sales rep contact you and let you know what is going on. IF you can not wait unitl Monday, enjoy your cardboard sub.

oooooooooooooooooooooooOOOooOoOOOOooooo....

trey just b**** slapped theear

Really,Trey at least reads the posts here. And Trey calls the PB2-Ultra a carboard sub...[:o]

I will wait until americans finish eating thier fat turkey...now eat your turkey.

OK, here is the low down on distribution chain and why your local dealer cannot easily get any product he wants. First let me say that once a customer came into my store and asked to buy PSB speakers. I told him I dont cary that line... but could I interest him in some Paradigms... He said he wanted PSB and if I could get them. I explained again that I am not a PSB dealer. He got all upset because he though I could just get whatever I wanted and sell it. I asked: Does your independant Buick Dealer sell Ford? No, Does your Honda Dealer sell Accura? No. Because the dealer signs a contract with the manufacturer that defines the terms of business. He got all upset and left.

So back to audio. When a dealer signs a contract with a manufacturer he promises the following:

Cary adequate demo and inventory, advertise, know the product and accurately represent it, and support it.

The key items are adequate demo, inventory and advertise. The rest is determined by the kind of support the store wants to give.

So Klipsch and your local dealer agreed to sell a particular line of speakers because:

1: This what he believed he could sell in the area,

2: He had the finances to purchase demo stock and inventory to carry enough of the line.

3: He had receivers, amps etc to properly demo the products.

4: He was willing to spend money on advertising the product.

Klipsch will also deterine how many dealers they want in a particular are. It makes no sense to have too many dealers because that leads to price wars, and if dealers cannot make enough profit, they drop the line. We all like competition and capitalism, but dealers must be in business in order to compete!

So, there are a few reasons why you may not be able to get a higher end Klipsch speaker from your local dealer:

1: He does not think he can sell enough to justify the investment in demo, inventory, advertising, higher end receivers etc.

2: Klipsch already has a dealer in the area and also does not think that the market can support more dealers.

3: Dealer may already have a higher end line of speakers, and again cannot justify carying a second high end line.

Sometimes your dealer may be able to get the product from a "competing" store that does carry it, but this is rare, and only if they have a good relationship. But both stores will want to make some profit, plus you will still want a discount, plus there is shipping costs, and then there is the warranty issue: your local store is not an authorized dealer and if you move to another area and need service, your invoice will be useless. This just adds up to too much effort, problems, etc for too little money.

bottom line: Try to talk to the owner of you store, let him know you are serious, and maybe he can do something for you.

Another distribution tid bit:

Manufacturers are a bit in a bind: they can grow 3 ways:

1: have your dealers sell more, But you are tied to the dealer's growth rate

2: sign up more dealers, but this adds competition, price erosion, and risks alienating dealers and they drop your product

3: introduce more products: different price/quality: Synergy, reference, heritage etc. Or different markets: Ipod, PC speakers. etc.

The natural progression for manufacturers is to start small and sell a limited product line thru smaller specialty dealers. As they grow, they increase the number of dealers, dealer profit declines and at a certain point the manufacturers have no choice but to move to big box stores much to the chagrin of the smaller store. They try to have one product line for small dealers and another for big box but this does not alway work.(eg Yamaha HTR vs RXV. arguably the same product with different label, or Sony and Sony XBR) Eventually the small dealers find another manufacturer to sell and drop the original product line.

What a wonderfully condescending post. If that was an attempt at humor, smileys would have been appropriate. If that was an accurate snapshot of a Klipsch representatives' true state of mind then I might suggest sensitivity training. Not the type of reply that I've received from other factory reps. Not enough can be said for professionalism. My apologies if I missed some sort of "inside joke". Carl

OK first you are way off base here regarding Trey. Was he irritated in his post oh yeah it shown through. But he was assaulted before he could answer so if he blasted back it is because The Ear deserved it. All of the Klipsch personnel I have dealt with are exceedingly professional. Ear screamed sell him the product where he wants it or he would go to a competitorTrey simply said hey we were closed observing a National Holliday if that is too inconvenient for you go buy the other sub. I would have done the same thing only Id have been less diplomatic about it.

OK first you are way off base here regarding Trey. Was he irritated in his post oh yeah it shown through. But he was assaulted before he could answer so if he blasted back it is because The Ear deserved it. All of the Klipsch personnel I have dealt with are exceedingly professional. Ear screamed sell him the product where he wants it or he would go to a competitorTrey simply said hey we were closed observing a National Holliday if that is too inconvenient for you go buy the other sub. I would have done the same thing only Id have been less diplomatic about it.

I agree 100%. Most customers are always right. Others need to get put in their place from time to time.