Gunfire does not sound balanced and realistic

Parrot

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Mobile, glad to see you noticed that I retain my sense of humor. That's what it's all about. I may be opinionated, but hey, there's always room for Jello.

I think it's funny the way some folks make meely-mouthy remarks. Yours was obviously in good taste, and I think it's all good fun when kept that way. I might add, there weren't too many offenders, but Paul got a little close. I'd forgive him if he asked. [:D]

"Parrot made an excellent start with this classic post. "

Parrot is confused as usual.

Appears you are confused as ole Parrot might have slipped one by you.

Then again, I remember the days long gone when I thought Parrot was Neo... It would have been the all time wool over eyes with enough irony to power Saturn's moons but I cant give Sir Paul this much credit.

kh

Nice one Paul - made me smile.

Having said that - the first 30 minutes of Saving Private Ryan on an HT system with KLF 30's at the front (with modded X-overs), the old KLF centre channel, cant remember rears all driven by a 5 * 200 wpc surround sound amp from a company called Primare, their flagship DVD player and a $20,000 3 lens projector the size of a bus.

I heard none of the dialogue after that point and really left that house feeling like I had taken part in the D-day landings.

Frankly - I hated it - but I was impressed as hell.

Does this post belong in 2 channel?[:P]

pixel.gif

pixel.gif

var rm_host = "http://ad.yieldmanager.com";

var rm_section_id = 133;

var rm_iframe_tags = 1;

rmShowAd("468x60");

pixel.gif

pixel.gif

1 Titles Found | Items 1 - 1 Displayed

Page

pixel.gif

pixel.gif

pixel.gif

click to print Audio Bullys Shot You Down lyricsClick Here for

Printer Friendly Version

or

Artist : Audio Bullys

Title : Shot You Down

Album : N/A

Genre : Pop

Submitted By : Whuneluv@aol.com

Email this songs lyrics to a friendEmail this page

to a friend

no_photo.jpg

I was five and he was six

we rode on horses made of sticks

he wore black and I wore white

he would always win the fight

bang bang, he shot me down

bang bang, I hit the ground

bang bang, that awful sound

bang bang, my baby shot me down.

down down d-down......

Bang bang, I shot you down

bang bang, you hit the ground

bang bang, I used to shoot you down.

Now he's gone I don't know why

until this day sometimes I cry

he didn't even say goodbye

he didn't take the time to lie

bang bang, he shot me down

bang bang, I hit the ground

bang bang, my baby shot me down.

Bang bang, I shot you down

bang bang, you hit the ground

bang bang, I used to shoot you down

"Parrot made an excellent start with this classic post. "

Parrot is confused as usual.

Appears you are confused as ole Parrot might have slipped one by you.

Then again, I remember the days long gone when I thought Parrot was Neo... It would have been the all time wool over eyes with enough irony to power Saturn's moons but I cant give Sir Paul this much credit.

kh

Not Parrot, but PaulN.

The best gunshots I ever heard was in "Shane" and they used black powder loads to make the shots sound longer. To make a single conventional speaker handle the enormous transient of a gunshot in my opinion is impossible, maybe about 20 K-horns in parrallel would work.

JJK

"And then what do you do with movies like "A Glimmer of Hell"? This movie has the USS Iowa firing its 16 inch guns and then fires an over-pressure salvo that wipes out the crew in one turret. It looks like you will just have to make do with a lousy 105 to 115 db.

On the other hand, you can go out and fire a 30-06 or 12 ga without ear protection to get your jollies. In the old days, shooters never wore much ear protection. Now they have a touch of tinnitus and are partially deaf, but what the hey."

not to get too off-track, but the accident in turret 2 on the IOWA was not due to "an over-pressure salvo" (whatever you think that is???)

it was due to the ignition of the 660 pounds of powder with the breech of the center gun open - not an explosion. (i.e., the shell was loaded, then the powder bags rammed, but the powder ignited with the back of the gun open. the expansion of gas is what killed the men and tore up the center gun bay in Turret 2). Having served on the IOWA and having lost 47 shipmates, I tend to get particular with the details of what happened that day.

even with the use of foam earplugs, plus hardshell ear muff type protectors, and opening my mouth when the 16" went off, they were still so amazingly loud that no home theater, anywhere, could re-create that noise (not to mention the heat of the muzzle blast, and the rain of fine powder blowing in the air, and the smell of burnt powder - yes, it does smell like victory.

and it does suck to have a constant ringing in my right ear, and a serious drop in hearing above 6,000 htz in my right ear.