Poll: When I listen to my Klipsch speakers ...

Deang

I'd love to take this poll but with my La Scala's, I am using an Altec 511B w/ K55M's, BEC's tweeters and AL K Universal Networks. I am trying to find an optimum balance at the moment. At this point I am running 4/X (down fomo 5/2) on the AL K and I find I need to drop the tweeter about 1 - 2 db which is being done with my tone control at the moment. Of course my room is an acoustic mess but I am at a loss as to what to do or where to start. I don't sense a bass build up in the corners so ...?????.... Sorry for the minor hi-jack.

Edit: I just voted based on my need to drop the tweeter slightly

I'm also "happy just the way they are". No major modifications, although I've been able to sample different gears and a few different crossover setups. Now it is most certainly possible to squeeze some extra performance out of them, but the essential goods of the speaker are intact in stock form.

I tend to be slow moving in terms of mods and upgrades. I don't really "push" the volume - low 80's to low 90's db is the norm here.....on rare occasions, a bit more. The Mac gear also keeps things nice and warm. Mac tubes keep the harsh away. If I pushed them harder, I might feel differently.

I think the fact that the stock forms sound good is a sign of a well engineered and quality product. The "mods" do help in many cases, but they aren't mandatory for most to enjoy their speakers. They are called "tweaks" for a reason.

I had to go with happy just the way they are on this one.If I play a

quality recording the sound is nothing less than fantastic.If I play a

cd thats a poor recording/master then you get a little harsh at loud

volume but its not the Klipsch since on a good source there is no

issue.That said anything can be improved as not much is perfect.I'm

certain (as trusted members have informed me)the well done mods(ie

Dean) can take it up to 11.

Absolutely happy with the sound. My system gives me so much pleasure. I have no desire to change anything, and when I HAVE gotten something different, it's more about 'because i can' as opposed to trying to make it 'better.

I'm a lucky man.

Woo

I know what he's talking about, they are great, but they've got ALK's and tubes. I can't find an answer that I want here Dean. I basically love what I've got, but I don't know if I'd be saying that if had AL's in the Scala's. Also, I'm going back to the B-3 in the Corns, cuz I like it better than the standard B.

My original '79 Cornwalls were a tad bit too harsh at times, plus I feel the tiny listening room they were forced to speak in didn't improve matters much. Once I can relocate my entire system to the living room where the Cornwalls will have tons of breathing space (and replace the original networks with Dean's), then I'll be completely happy with my Cornwall's performance.

Well, I just joined this forum because I wanted to search to see if I could find a way to 'tame down' my RF-3 II speakers a bit.

I really enjoy the speakers, but I wouldn't mind taking a little of the edge off at the higher volumes I usually listen at. I recently auditioned a tube integrated, which helped a little, but not really enough to warrant the expense.

And now, on with my search!

I love the sound of the Klipsch RF-7 and sounds fantastic with my McIntosh, and I just got another pair of RF-7 and right now I'm using a Rotel RB-1090 that I'm demo-ing from a local dealer. All I can say is WOW, this amp sure is great with Klipsch like I'm been reading on other forums and on this Klipsch forum. I really like it and I think I'm going to buy it for my 2nd RF-7 and enjoy both the McIntosh and Rotel sound. I really didn't realize just how good Rotel is until this RB-1090, pure fantastic sound too. This need for great sound is going to set me back from gettin a new car thow, maybe next year?

I wouldn't change anything on my RF-7, love the sound just the way it is and won't tamper to change anything! Klipsch already did a fantastic job on it. :)

I like them just the way they are. When I listen to my KLF-20s I think "there cannot be a better sounding speaker on the planet for under $2000." If there is I haven't heard them. I love to blast MFSL's versions of Rush's Moving Pictures and Signals.

My system is a little odd, but here it is:

Adcom GTP-600 Pre-Amp [ old and has no DD or DTS but it has 5 channel stereo and it is a good sounding Pre]

Adcom GFA-7500 Amp

Adcom GCD-700 cd

Sony DVP-NC655P DVD

Klipsch KLF-20s Front

Klipsch KLF-C7 Center

Klipsch KG 5.5s Rear

Klipsch KSW-200 Sub [that I never use]

Like I said, she is a little odd, but I have friends that have spent thousands more on speakers and hardware and when they listen to my system I can see them turning green with envy!!!!