Friday night Mixer

THX Trey, I have just reserved the farmhouse for the night of the 16th[:D]

It has a great room for meetings that is 20 X 30 +, they say it will hold 150 people, then there is a 16 X 20 Den for a second setup and we have a full working kitchen she said if we wanted to have catering.

It's fully furnished and she said since I was with Klipsch I could pay once we arrived, obviously PWK name garners respect to this day and once again that is why Klipsch is the speaker[;)]

THX Trey, I have just reserved the farmhouse for the night of the 16th[:D]

It has a great room for meetings that is 20 X 30 +, they say it will hold 150 people, then there is a 16 X 20 Den for a second setup and we have a full working kitchen she said if we wanted to have catering.

It's fully furnished and she said since I was with Klipsch I could pay once we arrived, obviously PWK name garners respect to this day and once again that is why Klipsch is the speaker[;)]

Way to go kaiser SET say!

Did they say how late we could stay? and how early we could start setting up?

kaiser SET say--Man of action. Thanks for doing the ground work and count me in. [Y]

A couple of things come to mind. Last year was a lot of fun, but a number of people who showed up at the mixer didn't pitch in and Craig (whom I gather made the financial arrangements) got stuck with paying a considerable amount out-of-pocket. I guess BYOB goes without saying.

Does anyone from the area have thoughts on a place that either caters, or is known for great southern cooking? For me this counts as holiday and dieting is going to be overlooked [;)] Another idea would be if someone locally has a big grill (or if one can be rented) we could plan around a cookout.

The other thing I was thinking was the noise factor from one room to the other. Two rooms would be great, but if the walls are thin it could cause a problem.

I am looking forward to this event. Let me know if there is anything I can do to help expedite the process.[:)]

Does anyone from the area have thoughts on a place that either caters, or is known for great southern cooking? For me this counts as holiday and dieting is going to be overlooked [;)] Another idea would be if someone locally has a big grill (or if one can be rented) we could plan around a cookout.

I remember a non-descript cinder block building just down the road from the HI that had a big hand lettered sign that said 'Soul Food'. It also said 'catering'.

Something about that place (horrid as it looked) tells me the food would be EXCELLENT. I have no first hand experience, though.

I like the cookout idea myself.

Woo

A couple of things come to mind. Last year was a lot of fun, but a number of people who showed up at the mixer didn't pitch in and Craig (whom I gather made the financial arrangements) got stuck with paying a considerable amount out-of-pocket. I guess BYOB goes without saying.

As it stands now the 4knee's are planning on attending and regarding Craig getting stuck last year. Yes he got very stuck!!!!. I would say as a gesture of good faith if Craig comes he should be exempt from any expense relating to the mixer.

As it stands now the 4knee's are planning on attending and regarding Craig getting stuck last year. Yes he got very stuck!!!!. I would say as a gesture of good faith if Craig comes he should be exempt from any expense relating to the mixer.

Only if he promises to bring his VRDs and a Blueberry. [:D]

I will pitch in his 2 bucks and give him a few Belhavens [;)]. Insofar as last year was concerned I remember some people (after already knowing what the ground rules were--you attend you pay what everyone else pays) saying since they didn't drink or eat anything they weren't pitching in. All I can say it was great seeing some of those people walking around with their name tags when the rest of us didn't have ours the next day...) As the kids say, end of Rant.

I highly recommend anyone coming to the Pilgrimage, try to make it to the mixer because it was fun meeting all of the fellow (and female) Klipschsters.

BTW, the funniest moment for me came on Saturday when we were in the Heritage Room and Damon Payne recognized the new horn in the Heresy and knew it's model # by looking at it! [:o] I thought I was obsessed with Audio by knowing all of the speakers numbers as well as different stock numbers on components that make up this hobby. I couldn't wait to race home and tell my wife that there are people who were geekier (in a good way) than me. [:)]

I will pitch in his 2 bucks and give him a few Belhavens [;)]. Insofar as last year was concerned I remember some people (after already knowing what the ground rules were--you attend you pay what everyone else pays) saying since they didn't drink or eat anything they weren't pitching in. All I can say it was great seeing some of those people walking around with their name tags when the rest of us didn't have ours the next day...) As the kids say, end of Rant.

I highly recommend anyone coming to the Pilgrimage, try to make it to the mixer because it was fun meeting all of the fellow (and female) Klipschsters.

Is Craig actually going? What are Belhaven's? Microbeers?

tkd, I agree, the mixer was and always will be great fun. I am bummed that I can't make it out there this year. I am sure you guys will have a blast none the less.

...What are Belhaven's? Microbeers?

tkd, I agree, the mixer was and always will be great fun. I am bummed that I can't make it out there this year. I am sure you guys will have a blast none the less.

Belhaven Scottish Ale is brewed in Dunbar Scotland (from what I hear-the Home of Golf). I think it is one of the few breweries that still use wooden barrels to ferment their product. It's not as sweet and heavy as McKewns Scottish Ale and has a delicate aftertaste. I discovered it 5 years ago and prefer it to ANYTHING else. It's too bad you aren't coming or I would have brought you a couple.

I will buy beer. I will Brew beer.

I will bring beer.

I didn't realize you were a Homebrewer. There are several of us on this forum. It's been 6 years or so, since I brewed. Just like with my discovery of Belhaven, I stopped trying to make different beers after I found Muntons Nutbrown Ale. My favorite recipe is to make that with frozen raspberries--delightful. [<:o)]

If I can get motivated I may try to make some for the Pilgrimage.

• Moderators

I will thrown in the first $100.00 for the room and bourbon to get things rolling. I can also bring some reel-to-reel gear if anyone is interested in that or doing an A/B with R2R and CD and/or LP. However, I think it is going to be difficult to get a good sounding vinyl rig going unless someone has it there in hope and is willing to move it to the room where we are going to have the mixer,

Travis