NOS Valves brand New Mark III's

NOSValves

A customer of mine from France was shopping for months trying to find a pair of pristine Mark III's for modification and rebuilding. After his frustration levels were obviously peaking I mentioned that I could build him a 100% brand new pair for not much more money then sourcing originals and in all actuality they would perform better with brand new Iron from VRD amps. Anyway I finished them last week and thought I would share some pictures of how they turned out. The Chassis I purchased from fellow member Scott Anderson who made a run of reproduction Mark III metal work. The circuit is basically a VRD run at slightly less peak voltage, power supply filtering and choke size. Let me know what you all think.

Wiring.JPG

fronts.JPG

Note: I noticed the above black front plate was mounted out of square so it was loosened and straightend!

Top.JPG

Those look great, Craig! Mind sharing the price? Is this something you'd offer as a regular item?

$1450 complete ready to roll. I have enough chassis right now for 2 more sets. I could get more if demand was high enough but I believe I have to purchase 50 at a time so were talking a major expenditure. I believe Scott still has a few of them maybe 10?

Craig those look geat, but after seeing and hearing your VRD's on a few ocassions that is pretty much what we expect from you....top quality results across the board. Which of course you always deliver. Well done! Once again they look great!!!!!!

R/Jim

Hi Craig;

As I've mentioned to you on the phone and on this board, given my past dealings with you I want any further work I need done to any of my HiFi gear done by you. Wouldn't you know the day after I send a check for redone pair of MKIIIs, (to someone else) you come out and say you will be able to put some MKIIIs together. (In this case I truly am a day late, but not a dollar short!) I would have loved to have a pair of MKIIIs that you put together, they look fantastic!

Regards,

Sweet job Craig! Does

those reproduction chassis come with the covers too? md

Nope it would be nice option but I know of no one using them anyway.

Craig, They look good! I, for one use the covers. Has the buyer seen them yet?

Larry

I saw them in person and casually listened to them. No concerns. I did

not observe any performance issues. Not the bass weight of VRD but very

pleasant to listen to.

Sweet job Craig! Does those reproduction chassis come with the covers too? md

Nope it would be nice option but I know of no one using them anyway.

Craig, They look good! I, for one use the covers. Has the buyer seen them yet?

Larry

Well as of now your number two since this customer is trying to source a pair of covers right now. He has cats! Yes he has seen them and loves the results. Of course he had already seen pictures of others I had done. He chose the black end bells which I think look great with the polished nickle chassis and black front panel.

Craig

Hi Craig;

As I've mentioned to you on the phone and on this board, given my past dealings with you I want any further work I need done to any of my HiFi gear done by you. Wouldn't you know the day after I send a check for redone pair of MKIIIs, (to someone else) you come out and say you will be able to put some MKIIIs together. (In this case I truly am a day late, but not a dollar short!) I would have loved to have a pair of MKIIIs that you put together, they look fantastic!

Regards,

Bill,

Yea I seen your post earlier but no big deal. If I did get all the work out there I wouldn't be able to do it all[;)] You can always send them in for a NOS Valve job I'll cut you some slack just to see what you had to say about the difference. I love the looks and finish of the ones you bought but the bone stock Dynaco circuit IMHO is really cutting the transformers short.

Craig