Any one just watch SouthPark?

jacksonbart

This was DA BOMB. Given the events and subject matter/reasoning surrounding Isaac Hayes' departure from the show, it was quite the way to say goodbye. I expected nothing less from Trey and Matt. Those two have the biggest 'nads in show business.

Lesson to those who attempt to squelch Trey and Matt: They WILL get even.

I heard that they can turn around an episode in about 6 days, which is pretty cool to be able to be that topical. How they patched together his dialog from clips was killing me and how he died and ultimately came back.

I think when they do the "current/topical" stuff, they are better, because they don't "overanalyze" - they just let 'er rip. Trey/Matt are better that way.....less time to reconsider what others might think about the message being sent.

The Chef dialogue clips were very "Daily Show" - esque.

My sides will be sore all day over this.

• Moderators

I don't see how this one could be pulled since it never mentioned anyone (or any organization) by name, but I couldn't help but thinking it would never be aired again, too.

Did anyone else think that might have really been the voice of James Earl Jones at the end? Does anyone know for sure? Definitely sounded like him.

The memory of watching it last night that this thread just spurred in me resulted in a big BIG smile. I was roaring during it. Both somewhat sensitive and thankful to him and ruthless at the same time. A killer episode (no pun intended).

• Moderators

I love a good comedy, but was never into Southpark. Sounds like I missed a blast. Would love to have seen what this was all about. Somebody send me a DVD. I think it's legal to do this if not for commercial use. I think....

From the little I know about you, Jeff, I think you would enjoy it. It took me a few years to catch on to what it was all about, and I haven't missed an episode since, and try to catch re-runs when I can. On the surface, it looks like a juvenille attempt at crude humor, but the creators are very socially aware, and the satire they come up with is extremely sharp. And there's always a good lesson to be learned [:)] Since they only take a few days to put these shows together, the episodes can follow right along with current events.

I'd be willing to bet it's downloadable from somewhere. The entire premise of last night's show resulted from Isaac Hayes' sudden departure last week, citing bigotry and intolerance in an episode that poked fun at Scientology last fall (Hayes is a Scientologist). I'm sure you can find articles about that story by doing a google search.

What's interesting is his decision to quit didn't come as he read the script to that episode...or even after it originally aired, but after a re-run was aired last week. Odd, indeed, and I'm sure there's much more to the story....which was hinted at in last night's episode as well....

Ok, I've rambled enough.