Does anyone else have a coffee table that looks like this?

SteelerFan

What's this? A Playboy, tissues, and a "value pack" of eyeglasses. No judgements here but your eyesight is a precious gift - don't waste it young man.

SPUTS, way too funny!!!!!!

Reminds me of Sister Mary Holywater in (Catholic) grade school: she was telling the boys in 7th or 8th grade that they would go blind if they played with themselves. One young lad in the back asked if he could just do it until he needed glasses?

Gosh, maybe she was right . . . . . . . . . could that explain why so many of us here wear glasses . . . .

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Moderators

Well, I'm single again, and this is my coffee table. An old cedar chest that my grandfather had. This is making it at least 60+ years old. Not too much on it. There is a bit of difference in the living room though, as the LS are new to me. Other than that, the wife would probably be happy it's not piled high wth magazines. I can't say the same for the rest of the house though.

Bruce

Your wife would be happy, Marvel, that looks lovely [:)]. What kind of piano is in the background, I can barely make it out? It looks similar to mine.

I have nothing else to contribute to this thread, as my coffee table is completely bare. Comes from having a 19 month old who is interested in everything but his toys.

Well, I'm single again, and this is my coffee table. An old cedar chest that my grandfather had. This is making it at least 60+ years old. Not too much on it. There is a bit of difference in the living room though, as the LS are new to me. Other than that, the wife would probably be happy it's not piled high wth magazines. I can't say the same for the rest of the house though.

Bruce

Your wife would be happy, Marvel, that looks lovely [:)]. What kind of piano is in the background, I can barely make it out? It looks similar to mine.

I have nothing else to contribute to this thread, as my coffee table is completely bare. Comes from having a 19 month old who is interested in everything but his toys.

Amy,

The piano is a Currier. I can't remember how old it is. It was a gift from Barbara's sister about 15 years ago. We get it tuned every six months or so, and I'm just waiting for the youngest to get home from college so he can be here when the tuner comes again. It is needing it (plus he will be playing it a lot during the summer).

Bruce.

This thread is yet more proof, as if more were needed, that my life as a male of the species came to an end sometime ago.

As of this morning when I left the house for work the following (from memory) were on the coffee table:

My little Pony - Pink.

2 Storey house for pony above - Pink (mainly).

4 Dolls - Barbie, My Scene, Brats etc (all Pink dresses).

Baubles for a girl's hair (Pink)

Assorted plastic "jewelery" (mainly Pink)

Felt tip pens (including, surprisingly, Pink)

3 or 4 colouring books.

Empty container for items 4 and 5 above (in a lovely transparent Pink).

Various pretend makeup's

Half a DIY temporary tattoo kit (Pink container).

A dozen unidentified items in Pink.

If there is one colour I wouldn't care to ever see in my life again.....

This thread is yet more proof, as if more were needed, that my life as a male of the species came to an end sometime ago.

As of this morning when I left the house for work the following (from memory) were on the coffee table:

My little Pony - Pink.

2 Storey house for pony above - Pink (mainly).

4 Dolls - Barbie, My Scene, Brats etc (all Pink dresses).

Baubles for a girl's hair (Pink)

Assorted plastic "jewelery" (mainly Pink)

Felt tip pens (including, surprisingly, Pink)

3 or 4 colouring books.

Empty container for items 4 and 5 above (in a lovely transparent Pink).

Various pretend makeup's

Half a DIY temporary tattoo kit (Pink container).

A dozen unidentified items in Pink.

If there is one colour I wouldn't care to ever see in my life again.....

God only knows what's liable to be hiding under all of the junk on my table. With my luck there is probably a winning lottery ticket from years ago.[:P]

Steelerfan,

My coffee table is worse because it's bigger, so there's room for more junk. Trouble is I lose so many things under there! Just the other day I found three Netflix DVDs I had in for a month, three hard drives that I didn't even see, cds, etc.

Strangely enough, I have a separate cabinet underneath where the XBOX and PS2 games are neatly stacked and separated by platform. A stark contrast to the mess up top!

-Jon

Steelerfan,

My coffee table is worse because it's bigger, so there's room for more junk. Trouble is I lose so many things under there! Just the other day I found three Netflix DVDs I had in for a month, three hard drives that I didn't even see, cds, etc.

Strangely enough, I have a separate cabinet underneath where the XBOX and PS2 games are neatly stacked and separated by platform. A stark contrast to the mess up top!

-Jon

Well I just may have to end up buying myself a bigger coffee table if I don't get rid of some of this junk.[:)]