Worst song ever

jacksonbart

Dead Skunk in the Middle of the Road; Loudon Wainwright III , did someone mention Paul McCartney?

Heeeeeeey........I like that song! Not as much as The Fugs' "Do You Like Boobs A Lot", but still.

I'll probably take heat for this, but I hate "Proud Mary" by CCR. Wow.....that has got to be the most overplayed wedding reception song ever.

Tom

Tom, it wasn't so much the song, it was the smell that bothered me, made me think of Paul McCartney! Proud Mary, that's cold, You really think that's worse than; We've Only Just Begun?

Dead Skunk in the Middle of the Road; Loudon Wainwright III , did someone mention Paul McCartney?

Heeeeeeey........I like that song! Not as much as The Fugs' "Do You Like Boobs A Lot", but still.

I'll probably take heat for this, but I hate "Proud Mary" by CCR. Wow.....that has got to be the most overplayed wedding reception song ever.

Tom

I'm also a "dead skunk" fan, but Tom if we are gettinginto body part songs, then for this thread, you have to give props to "Baby got back" by Sir Mix-a-Lot......

Tom

I'm also a "dead skunk" fan, but Tom if we are gettinginto body part songs, then for this thread, you have to give props to "Baby got back" by Sir Mix-a-Lot......

That's cause its easy to play (proud mary). Dead Skunk is simply art imitating life, gotta love it. I like how most of these worst songs have been parodied by Weird Al. Yep, Al knows how to pick a target.

Tom

Tom, it wasn't so much the song, it was the smell that bothered me, made me think of Paul McCartney! Proud Mary, that's cold, You really think that's worse than; We've Only Just Begun?

We've Only Just Begun----written by Paul Williams, the executive producer of Death Records! (DiPalma fans know what I mean).

Reo Crapwagon - Can't Fight This Feeling

Chicago - Youre the Inspiration

Airsupply - anything really

Crash Test Dummie - that song you know the one "once there was this boy who" blah blah crap crap crap

There is so much bad music out there it is just hard to only name a few.

So far none of the previous songs mentioned can beat the star spangled banner for worst song ever. Even Pavorati can't sing it.

JJK

Ah....yes,I think you already mentioned that number and it was duly

noted.That particular tune goes beyond musical taste,its a testimony of

American determination,bravery,loyalty etc..

We understand you hate the song,as you have mentioned it a few

times.I've personally heard much worse.I guess you prefer"There's got

to be a Morning After".

"I Can't Wake up to Save My Life" by Richard Thompson. I can't stand this P.O.S. Very unlike most of his other stuff. Sounds like some kind of weird Chinese bouzouki punk rock without the Saganaki. This song is totally JACKED OUT!!!

• Moderators

So far none of the previous songs mentioned can beat the star spangled banner for worst song ever. Even Pavorati can't sing it.

JJK

Maybe not, but Whitney Houston sure nailed it. Best rendition ever, IMO.

Slight tangent...........

It's one thing when a bad sucky song is one from the get-go, but what I really hate is when a song comes out that I really like and then it gets played over & over & over & over & over & over & over & over & over & over & over & over & over & over & over until I hate the damn thing. And once it hits that "can't stand it" status, no matter how much time passes before I hear it again, it's still a BLECH to me.

Tom

JJK

Maybe not, but Whitney Houston sure nailed it. Best rendition ever, IMO.

Agreed, to bad she hooked up with drugs and Bobby Brown. She has looked real rough the past couple of years.