most played out song ?

seti

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Happy Birthday, I can't stand my birthday because of the potential chance of hearing it. It has nothing to do with being over weight, not having a proper job/goals at my age and getting one year closer to death really. All that does not bother me, I just can't stand that song.

Good one, a top contender for overplayed, and we don't even have much if any choice. Another though no particular one ( nothing against Christmas here) ,but a lot of Christmas songs, again, at some point by no choice.

A couple of others:

The Lion Sleeps Tonight

Mony, Mony

Proud Mary

Evil Woman (ELO)

Money ( Pink Floyd)

Celebration (Cool and the Gang?)

Old Time Rock and Roll? ( Bob Segar)

We Built This City on Rock and Roll?

What radio stations do you guys listen to? I haven't heard most of those songs in 20 years!

Turn The Page

Bob Seger

Or by anyone,thats one song if I never hear again I'll be happy.

I'll bet $1000 if Bob could go back to this time in his life,he would.

Several years ago I worked with a woman who was driving to the office one day and got stuck behind a guy in a white Corvette who was not driving fast enough to suit her. After tailgating and cursing the anonymous driver, she finally got an opportunity to pass the Vette in her Honda Prelude (she claims to have passed the Vette without delivering a single digit salute). As she got out of her car, the Vette pulled into the lot and out stepped Bob Seger, who was one of our clients. If he recognized her as an impatient driver, he was gentleman enough to not say anything.<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" />

Her brother had been the starting quarterback for the Michigan Wolverines, so a competitive nature was in her genes.

Stopped listening to radio about 20 years ago when the last of the underground stations went down[:o]

Everybody always ask me how I get to here new music and I say live shows, friends and indie baby[:D]

I have been thinking of picking up a nice vintage tube tuner but then why, we have no really good stations left[:@]

I can run my own tunes as well as digital radio so why waste CD money on a tuner!

With all that said I rarely get burned out on anything any more except for the little misus listens to the same stuff over and over[;)]

Turn The Page

Bob Seger

Or by anyone,thats one song if I never hear again I'll be happy.

I'll bet $1000 if Bob could go back to this time in his life,he would.

Several years ago I worked with a

woman who was driving to the office one day and got stuck behind a guy

in a white Corvette who was not driving fast enough to suit her.

After tailgating and cursing the anonymous driver, she finally got an

opportunity to pass the Vette in her Honda Prelude (she claims to

have passed the Vette without delivering a single digit salute). As she got out of her car, the Vette pulled into the lot and out stepped Bob Seger, who was one of our clients. If he recognized her as an impatient driver, he was gentleman enough to not say anything.

Her brother had been the starting quarterback for the Michigan Wolverines, so a competitive nature was in her genes.

Cool Story,remember the "Bob Seger System"? When I was a kid in Detroit

Bob would always be playin somewhere.He's a good artist with a good

band but "Turn the Page"just never did it for me.

First of all: Bustle(n):excited activity, noisy stir, fuss.

But we know it's not a bustle exactly, but just the sound of the whispering wind.....

Lots of us have chimed in with Stairway to Heaven, and I agree if it is not through my Forte II's with my Japanese pressing lp. But at home, listening closely, I still admire the tune despite all the overplay.

You always pictured that type of bustle.....must be an expert on ladies undergarments, I tip my hat. So why would it be in the hedgerow? Of course! It's just a spring clean for the May queen......

It's ok, there's still time for me to change the road i'm on.

First of all: Bustle(n):excited activity, noisy stir, fuss.

But we know it's not a bustle exactly, but just the sound of the whispering wind.....

Lots of us have chimed in with Stairway to Heaven, and I agree if it

is not through my Forte II's with my Japanese pressing lp. But at

home, listening closely, I still admire the tune despite all the

overplay.

I've heard it a million times and its still good! One of the few overplayed hits I still enjoy.

For me, it's Straight Up by Paula Abdul.

I never liked the song to begin with, but I can remember back in the late '80s when the song came out, it seemed that every time I had the radio on either at home, in my car, or at work, that's the only song that I'd hear...over and over and over again! Even though today you hardly ever hear it played anymore, if I'm in earshot of a radio tuned to a pop station and this song is selected, I cringe every time. It drives me nuts still today!

I'm scarred for life by that song![:@]

that is straight up true

I remember a time when you could just skip to any rock station in the area at anytime and you could probably hear "Smoke On The Water" 30+ times in one 24 hr day! As much as I love the Purp this tune got way too much airplay[+o(]

Tim, you'd enjoy a special CD I mixed after the Great White pyro disaster. I made a CD with all the versions of Smoke that I owned at the time. Ian, Glenn and David, live with Tommy Bolin, Hughes burning Japan, several others- I think 9 in all- it's INSANE to listen to !

M