OLD THREAD: New Cornwall III's(pics) are in the house...

dtel's wife

• Moderators

Here they are...... Dtel's Corns

Christy has not sent me any pics from home yet, but I will add them as soon as I get them.

Cyclonecj:

Thank you so much for getting the pics up. It works great. IMO, the pics are best viewed in small, even for wireless. It was great talking to you again. Anytime you want to make a "scouting trip" down this way let us know.

BTW, the pics from home will be coming your way. That is if dtel stops moving the Cornwall's from place to place auditioning them each time he makes a move with them.

He took a few pics when we first got the Cornwall's home, but wants to see if he can get a few more pics with better lighting.

It is so great to have computer literate friends on the forum. Cyclonecj you just made my life a little easier. Between dtel and I being anxious to get the pics up, the folks on the forum wanting to see them and my lack of computer skills I was going into a "crazy spell".

Thanks again, more pics will be coming soon.

Glad I could be of help.... Let me know when you have the new pics posted.

It was actually good timing because I wanted to try the new Picasa program that Google is offering. It made the process very easy.

If it continues to get too crazy, just go join Dtel in front of the corns, & you will feel much better....[:D]

This whole thing is just great....[:D] Something you'll always have to remember your CW3s by.

Those are great pictures and a nice gesture on the part of Klipsch.

This is quite a year you folks have going....congratulations.

I'm sure the CW3s sound fantastic.[:D]

• Moderators

Hey cyclone can we put a thread on General Questions and the Pilgrimage with a link to the pics. I really want to make sure everyone gets an opportunity to see them. I think the factory speaker pics speak for the quality and craftsmanship that go into every pair of Heritage speakers.

Heck, I think everyone ought to download the pics and show them to their friends that are "speaker shopping".

I don't think many speakers are "Made in USA" like the Heritage line anymore.

• Moderators

I just sent cyclonecj the pics of the Cornwall's "in the house". If everything goes okay with the "sending process", he will probably put them up soon.

The good folks at the plant in Hope, AR photographed the build, provided me with a CD and our friendly forum buddy, Cyclonecj, took the time to get them up for us.

A big thanks to all. For you guys that have dial up it is worth the wait for the pics to load. IMO, the build is an awesome process and worth having the patience to see.

• Moderators

I am sorry SamS, I thought dtel had responded to your question. We had three choices, black, cherry laquer or walnut laquer to choose from. We had seen the walnut veneer on our tour of the plant the day previous to dtel's name being pulled from the hat. Normally we would have picked cherry, but the walnut was so beautiful, we chose walnut.

Right after dtel won Klipsch went to work to find out what finish we wanted. The plant manager told us the walnut veneer was some of the prettiest Klipsch had gotten in a long time. Having seen it for ourselves we knew he was right on.

Also, we had seen a pair of the new LaScalas in the new walnut veneer when we toured the plant.We thought if our Cornwall's looked anything like those LaScalas they would be beautiful. And they are.

There are some more pics coming that show the grain of this walnut. The grain is matched perfect, meaning it goes up one side, across the top and down the other side. These speakers appeared so perfect in every way, that dtel looked over every inch to find a flaw. There is not one flaw anywhere. He normally would not be that picky, but they looked so perfect he tried to find a flaw. Again, there is not a flaw anywhere on these speakers. They are truly a work of art and the folks in the plant should be darn proud of the work they do.

Our neighbor who is about twelve years older than us and also does woodworking came by to see the Cornwalls. He looked them over and could not believe the quality of the work. He also said you just don't find woodworking done at this level anymore.

We spent quite a while just trying to get the proper lighting so you guys could see the grain. It was kind of difficult because we have so many windows in our living area. The pics just sent to cyclonecj are of the Cornwalls in the house. I know he will get them up for you guys as soon as he can.

If any of you want pictures of anything else let us know, we will take the pics and get them up. We didn't want to "bore" you guys with our new found "love".

• Moderators

Those are great pics,very nice looking finish.Hope you'all get many many years to enjoy.PS,I have dial up and those pics loaded super fast,almost instantly.

There you go all you dial up users, Fish says they load super fast.

Cyclone, pleae let us know when the others are up.

You guys owe Cyclonecj a huge thanks. Without him I couldn't have done it. Thanks cj.

• Moderators

DrWho I had to go back and blow up the picture to even notice that.

But I did notice from the beginning that was not a Heritage up there to be tested, and it was black. The little plastic feet gave it away.

But you did get me to look .