OLD THREAD: New Cornwall III's(pics) are in the house...

dtel's wife

• Moderators

lol, just giving you a hard time [;)][<:o)]

I don't think you could give dtel a hard time right now. He is so happy I don't think anyone could "pee in his Cheerios" as his sister likes to put it.

You can't seem to "wipe the smile" off of his face. I still think he has a hard time believing the events during and after the Pilgrimage.

BTW, the grass is getting real high outside and I can't seem to get him away from the new Cornwall's long enough to cut it.

The speakers just had a chance to "cool off" in the last two hours. We haven't listened to so much music in two channel in a long time. Even played the DVD concert videos in two channel.

Very nice picture presentation........very nice indeed.............Best Wishes to the both of you, Someone up above has smiled down on you guys, Enjoy the moment.............and Oh Yes........Enjoy the Speakers......................Dtel......Send me your tractor, you don't have time to use it.........I'll find time..................I don't usually tell people what music to listen to, but in this case I'll make an exception; if you don't have it, get it, sit down together and listen to: Jackson Browne.....the Pretender..............Music that fits..........ENJOY LIFE........

I am sorry SamS, I thought dtel had responded to your question. We had three choices, black, cherry laquer or walnut laquer to choose from. We had seen the walnut veneer on our tour of the plant the day previous to dtel's name being pulled from the hat. Normally we would have picked cherry, but the walnut was so beautiful, we chose walnut.

Right after dtel won Klipsch went to work to find out what finish we wanted. The plant manager told us the walnut veneer was some of the prettiest Klipsch had gotten in a long time. Having seen it for ourselves we knew he was right on.

Also, we had seen a pair of the new LaScalas in the new walnut veneer when we toured the plant.We thought if our Cornwall's looked anything like those LaScalas they would be beautiful. And they are.

There are some more pics coming that show the grain of this walnut. The grain is matched perfect, meaning it goes up one side, across the top and down the other side. These speakers appeared so perfect in every way, that dtel looked over every inch to find a flaw. There is not one flaw anywhere. He normally would not be that picky, but they looked so perfect he tried to find a flaw. Again, there is not a flaw anywhere on these speakers. They are truly a work of art and the folks in the plant should be darn proud of the work they do.

Our neighbor who is about twelve years older than us and also does woodworking came by to see the Cornwalls. He looked them over and could not believe the quality of the work. He also said you just don't find woodworking done at this level anymore.

We spent quite a while just trying to get the proper lighting so you guys could see the grain. It was kind of difficult because we have so many windows in our living area. The pics just sent to cyclonecj are of the Cornwalls in the house. I know he will get them up for you guys as soon as he can.

If any of you want pictures of anything else let us know, we will take the pics and get them up. We didn't want to "bore" you guys with our new found "love".

The grain is indeed very beautiful! Is the finish a laquer, or oiled?

• Moderators

Mr. & Mrs. dtel-so happy for you, and a bit of native pride that someone from the homeland got these. The next time I drive past Exit 2, I will drop the winders and see if I can hear them!

Hey Boom,

It's exit 6 and anytime you are in the neighorhood drop on by and give 'em a listen. They may sound better a little closer up.

• Moderators

I am sorry SamS, I thought dtel had responded to your question. We had three choices, black, cherry laquer or walnut laquer to choose from. We had seen the walnut veneer on our tour of the plant the day previous to dtel's name being pulled from the hat. Normally we would have picked cherry, but the walnut was so beautiful, we chose walnut.

Right after dtel won Klipsch went to work to find out what finish we wanted. The plant manager told us the walnut veneer was some of the prettiest Klipsch had gotten in a long time. Having seen it for ourselves we knew he was right on.

Also, we had seen a pair of the new LaScalas in the new walnut veneer when we toured the plant.We thought if our Cornwall's looked anything like those LaScalas they would be beautiful. And they are.

There are some more pics coming that show the grain of this walnut. The grain is matched perfect, meaning it goes up one side, across the top and down the other side. These speakers appeared so perfect in every way, that dtel looked over every inch to find a flaw. There is not one flaw anywhere. He normally would not be that picky, but they looked so perfect he tried to find a flaw. Again, there is not a flaw anywhere on these speakers. They are truly a work of art and the folks in the plant should be darn proud of the work they do.

Our neighbor who is about twelve years older than us and also does woodworking came by to see the Cornwalls. He looked them over and could not believe the quality of the work. He also said you just don't find woodworking done at this level anymore.

We spent quite a while just trying to get the proper lighting so you guys could see the grain. It was kind of difficult because we have so many windows in our living area. The pics just sent to cyclonecj are of the Cornwalls in the house. I know he will get them up for you guys as soon as he can.

If any of you want pictures of anything else let us know, we will take the pics and get them up. We didn't want to "bore" you guys with our new found "love".

The grain is indeed very beautiful! Is the finish a laquer, or oiled?

We could only choose laquer.

Christy and dtel: Congratulations once again! What a fantastic keepsake you now have with your two speakers, the certificate and the very cool photos you were given. I've never seen such a level of pride displayed before by any company. The whole experience for you must have been truly amazing. Thanks also to CJ for doing the posts for you. Brian is such a great person. Thanks for letting us "into your home" by way of the photos of the unpacking and setup process. I can only imagine how wonderful those Corns must sound. This gift could not have been given to a nicer couple. It was a pleasure to meet you in Hope. My wife (Verna) enjoyed meeting you, too. Enjoy! -Glenn

• Moderators

Thanks everybody.

I did pry my ears away to go cut some grass today, did about 2 acres, taking a break and will go back in a while.

But I do have a question?

If it were your room where would put the Clll's, where they are in the pic 9' apart or in the corners under the Fll's , the room is 24' wide and 18' deep. We sit about [sofa's] 11' back.

I tried it both ways, it sounds good both ways. Like it sits in the pic 9' apart the sound is more focused in the center.

In the corners it sounds bigger and the bass is also increased it also sounds like it fills the room different, more? But it is easier to hear the individual speakers, with a very slight hole in the middle.

When I put on the center channel is when I realized they 'might' be to far apart. I didn't want to run any other speakers just 2 ch. Changing the angle they point helps I tried it all , to the point someone said I should put them on furniture dollies. Heavy.

I ended up with them back 9' apart for now, they really sound good every place I put them.

What would you all do, the simple answer is where they sound best, that is hard to figure out.

And thanks for all the replies.[D]

Thanks everybody.

I did pry my ears away to go cut some grass today, did about 2 acres, taking a break and will go back in a while.

But I do have a question?

If it were your room where would put the Clll's, where they are in the pic 9' apart or in the corners under the Fll's , the room is 24' wide and 18' deep. We sit about [sofa's] 11' back.

I tried it both ways, it sounds good both ways. Like it sits in the pic 9' apart the sound is more focused in the center.

In the corners it sounds bigger and the bass is also increased it also sounds like it fills the room different, more? But it is easier to hear the individual speakers, with a very slight hole in the middle.

When I put on the center channel is when I realized they 'might' be to far apart. I didn't want to run any other speakers just 2 ch. Changing the angle they point helps I tried it all , to the point someone said I should put them on furniture dollies. Heavy.

I ended up with them back 9' apart for now, they really sound good every place I put them.

What would you all do, the simple answer is where they sound best, that is hard to figure out.

And thanks for all the replies.[D]

Ours are CW IIs, and I understand the CW IIIs do not have the 80 Hz hump the IIs do... so take this with a big grain of salt. We originally had our first pair tucked into the corners, but the boominess was too much. We pulled them about 18 inches out from the corners and made the toe-in angle wider than 45 degrees, as is true of corner placement. I guess our toe-in angle is more like 60 degrees. The Corns "look" at a point midway between the centerline of our listening position and the sidewall, if that makes sense. We have a center under the TV monitor and the front 3 speakers are adjusted for equal volume. The imaging is just fine this way. Our room is 16 x 25 with a vaulted ceiling. The Corns are on the short ends of the room. We have a fireplace with raised hearth and mantlepiece in the middle of the long wall so we can't put HT gear there without major alterations. The other long wall has the step-down to our "sunken" living room.

• 8 years later...
  • Moderators

Bumping this thread.  I was doing a search looking for some pics of our speakers and ran across a few old threads that brought back some very fond memories.  Be sure to read through the pages and check out the links to the pics.  Very good read.  This is what keeps me coming back here....time and time again!