Forte II

jcmusic

• Moderators

Frzninvt is correct on the prices, but for perfect condition Klipsch holds it's value in most cases.

If looking for Klipsch, prices in the last few months seems to be lower than normal, this seems like a good time to buy. I would guess prices will go back up this winter ?

Try to decide how far you are willing to drive to pick them up.

It's hard enough to find the pair you want at the price you think is fair to have them destroyed in shipping, not even counting packing and shipping $. Good luck

• Moderators

We drove 8 hours one way back to Hope to pick up the Clll's, with a smile on my face both ways.[:D]

Although the price was UNBELIVEABLE . Still hard to belive !

Every person that comes to the house can't belive Klipsch did that, You never hear of a company that sets up a weekend like that and gives away door prizes like that, Rf 7's and Cornwall lll's, just for it's fans.

Think about the bash they must have for their commercial guys!

I can see it now.. runner up prize, a pair of Jubilees, BIG dog prize the MCM 4-T Grand.

http://www.klipsch.com/product/product.aspx?cid=546

and you KNOW they're telling them commercial guys..."Don't let a word of this get out to those residential owners......"

Does anyone know how much they were new?

Jay

I think the sticker price was somewhere in the $1,200 to $1,300 range but they could be had new for right around one kilobuck. I've seen used pairs go for that on ebay. If the ones you are looking are in mint condition, buy them. Worry about saving money on some other deal.

I believe MSRP on those was in the $1300 range at least.

When I bought my F2s new I believe the price was dependent on the wood finish. Black was the cheapest. My OOs were 1400 in the store I was shopping in IIRC.

If they are local to you and in good shape I say buy them at any price. I like what Sput says worry about saving money some place else.

• Moderators

Dtel, didn't you give like $350 for those Oak Forte's that I passed on a while back? Were those I's or II's?

Michael

yes, kudos to all who love their speakers enough to travel for them!

I had alot of help and were very lucky ! Thanks Michael and Fastlane.

The first pair of Forte ll's came from someone "Fastlane" knew in Kenner Louisiana $425 or $450.

Michael the ones you passed on for me were $400 and were just across the state line in Florida, both of the first 2 pair were ll's

The last pair I just came across by accident in Irrigation supply showroom were original Forte's and were $300.

So for $1125.oo for 6 Forte's and $400 for a diy sub, the sound can't be beat for $1525. I paid about $1125 for my first Synergy's and it can't compare. Not even going to go into the deal on the Clll's.[:o]

Yesterday they delivered all the supplies to our house for the next irrigation job and it was the salesman we always talk with, doing the delivery. We invited him in to come listen, he stood there smiling, and was very surprised.

MSRP was around $1200 new. I paid over $800 for mine 4 years ago from a guy on Audiogon, they were perfect, oiled oak and from the last year of production (1997 I think, or maybe 1995, will have to look). $600-800 on eBay was not uncommon just 4-5 yrs ago. I actually had them shipped via UPS freight and they arrived in perfect condition. Used the original boxes, foam inserts, etc. I lived in North Dakota at the time so the dream of "pick some up locally" was nonexistent. Local in ND is a 1000 mile drive across frozen tundra..

They have really come down in the last few years making them an even better bargain--the best bang for the buck. You can almost get an integrated tube amp, OK set of Forte IIs, and decent used CD player for not much over $1,000 nowadays. Pretty cool. People say they are "small" but that is because everyone has Lascala's, Cornwalls, or K-Horns. They fill my large room with sound, no problem,

• Like 1

Forum Members,

I was getting ready to have a friend of mine here in Tuscaloosa,AL post my 1996

"DEAD MINT" Klipsch Forte II's on E-Bay along with my mint condition ADCOM

545 PRE-AMP and 555 AMPLIFIER. My FORTE II's are finished in the natural

oak finish with no stain on them! They are absolutely beautiful! I really hate to let

these go as (GET READY FOR THIS) they only have a total playing time of about

5 months on them! Yes you heard right I have had these "Awesome Speakers"

boxed up for the last 10 years! They are in the original boxes and they are flawless

with no nicks,scratches or anything on the finish or the solid black grill clothes!

If you are interested I will let my FORTE II's go for $575! I will not ship them!

Please feel free to contact my if you are interested! I am jonesing terribly for

a Fender Highway One Stratocaster which is the only reason I would sell

my FORTE II's for this price. THIS IS A $225 PRICE DROP FROM MY

ORIGINAL POST!!

Please feel free to contact me!

Mac Baker

Tuscaloosa,AL

E-Mail:macbaker@comcast.net

good luck ... especially trying to sell them HERE at that price. You are $200 too high ... even for pristine. They went for $1279 brand new (got my first set from Tweeter @ $1079 ... $200 discount) in 1990 (assume 100% markup, i.e., $625) and that was including Klipsch and/or the retailer footing the bill for shipping ( After being discontinued, they were also 'reissued' later for a short time @ $999 - why the price drop?? - not exactly sure),

They are great speakers, but the K25-K are susceptible to aging (i.e., the infamous pole vent screen glue rattle). The horns could last forever I guess. The electronics ... ???

If they a truly MINT, in an age when too many people loosely throw around that word, do everyone a favor and refuse to ship them.

( I am NOT saying you can't find a buyer at that price ... I am just trying to provide you with more realistic expectations [;)] )

You set what price you want.............the used speaker market seems alittle low right now, and your asking price is on the doorstep of Cornwall's and La Scalas.......DO NOT MISUNDERSTAND ME here, I'm not saying they're not worth it, that's not my place, all I'm stating is the market is LOW right now.............Good Luck........