Looking for some favorite wine picks

jacksonbart

Rosemont Estate Shiraz: a great Shiraz at a bargain price. Around $11.00 in the stores here. But used to be around $8.00, and still steadily rising.

McManus Syrah: Now here's a really good one, about $17.00 here.

Anything from Alexander Valley such as Simi. Saw that mentioned earlier. I will second that.

Rodney Strong has a good Cab, and also red Zin, around $20-$25.

In Phlliy they have Mad Dog 20/20. complete shit.

I was going to suggest that one,very nice w/pickled pigs feet.Also Wild Irish Rose goes great w/sardines,lol.I should say I don't drink,often.

Hows about some Country Club Malt Liquer and McDees Fish Fillet sandwich, that combo is like heaven on earth.

post-16829-13819308369004_thumb.jpg

In Phlliy they have Mad Dog 20/20. complete shit.

I was going to suggest that one,very nice w/pickled pigs feet.Also Wild Irish Rose goes great w/sardines,lol.I should say I don't drink,often.

Hows about some Country Club Malt Liquer and McDees Fish Fillet sandwich, that combo is like heaven on earth.

Haven't seen a pull tab of a can in forever....and I'm 41 dag-nabit!!!

I keep white and red. If anybody asks, I can make rosé!

Look for AVIA vinyards. Slovenia and Macedonia. They make a very good everyday table wine for a shockingly low price.

I was told they were a sub of Coke. In the bad old days Coke couldn't take the profits out of the country in currency, so they bought wine and shipped it home to sell it. Even after EU and all that, they still have this arrangement. This story was told by my winemonger, so don't bet the farm on it. I called their office in Kennesaw, Georgia, once. They were very nervous and anxious and didn't want to talk.

Good wine, 'tho.

Avia has a website.

DRBILL

For a very modest price (about $12), Chateau Ste. Michelle makes a very good Cab (and Merlot). This is from the state of Washington.

For Chianti, I really like Castello di Querceto Chianti Classico Riserva, which can generally be found at Costco for about $18. I know that might seem a bit high but you should treat yourself to a bottle. I believe 2000 and 2001 scored over 90 in Wine Spectator. I am lucky and have a local distributor that lives down the street from me and can get it to me for $15/bottle. [:D]

Mike

My favorite is the thick Dunlop made of Delrin (Dupont plastic). They don't wear out very fast and the beveled edges are perfect. They produce a little darker tone than thinner picks, which is just right for blues and jazz. I find that thinner picks not only sound poor, but they tend to take on a curl from the pressure of holding them while I play; this forces me to periodically turn them over while playing which is a minor pain. The thick Dunlops don't curl at all, nor do they bend. Just right for me...

post-16099-1381931063725_thumb.jpg