Building backs on older (1989) K horns like the new 60th Anniversary ones.

IndyKlipschFan

My other 1/2 assures me the pics are there..... She had a x mas party last night, and took more pics..on the digital camera. I know I need to get the modification process pics off, I thought this AM, OK good, I will get the camera and woops.... she has it.

With some luck this afternoon, I will start posting pics.. friday AM, if all else fails..

Hahahaha I love you too Paul!!!!!!!!!

I missed your humor on here. And am very happy your back too. I agree, at times, we all spend too much time on here. For me, it has been great therapy when life gets too crazy too. This has been a fun mod.. I will have em here soon, (Within 2 days) I promise...

Indy

Pat just bring the better screws back, when you return the air management vent.. No rush!

Naw, I will paint em next spring.. No one sees the backs anyhow.. Satin black right?

No glue was used, true... so we could "undo this mod." I suspect some might, if they want this as a "permanent fix- Mod" to a age old problem. Amazing what a straight edge and a LOT of screws will do to lock the Baltic Birch sides together.. We (Pat and I) talked about glue, but seriously no air at all escapes... So why need it?

The more I listen to Cd's the more I love these too. Thanks for restoring my belief Pat that these can work at home in a imperfect room.

This is the final look. Yes unpainted, because no one will see them. This pic shows the sides, and top, and the new bottoms all screwed in tightly to seal it all in too! (Prior pics were laid for you to see the process.) We might have used a few more screws here and there... Some things we discovered in the process too. For instance... we thought the bottoms may have been overkill at first. Then we knew we needed a brace at the bottom anyhow, so we added it, and this also completed the purpose of the project to have all of the sound go forward out the sides. So this re enforced the sides... and did force out that last % bit to the sides as intended...instead of the carpet below.

Home Run!

Seriously, they just sound awesome!

post-5910-1381931794625_thumb.jpg

Yes, he loves the new sound too. You have no idea.. (Well some of you do that have kids... hehehee) just how big the Pixar movie CARS is on the K horns

Think your left speaker is a K horn, center a 1967 vertical now on its side, so Horizontal Cornwall, right K horn, RSW 15sub up front, and (4) RS-7-s behind to surround you too! It is just amazing!!!!!!!

Aragon Stage One, And the Aragon 2007 amp. 61" Samsung DLP TV.

Everyone is happy!

post-5910-13819317968308_thumb.jpg