Who here is from the Disco era?

Hey, I can't help it that the crazy disco era (though short-lived) infiltrated my life in the late 70's. And you can't tell me that there aren't some members that got caught up in the rage of dancesongs.

So, do you still have your collection of leisure suits, platform shoes, gold chains, cocaine spoons, 45's, LP's, and extended LP's?

For the life of me, I'm torn on whether to part w/my DJ collection of 45's and EP LP's

I will survive

Gloria Gaynor

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Naw, go ahead and keep all that stuff!

After I got my first car that would actually fit a big stereo into I would cruise the streets playing disco around 1988 as loud as it would go in a 75' Mercury Montego MX 2-door. It was usually some song that hadn't been heard of in at least 10 years. Just to see people's faces looking over from another car at a stop light hearing that music from a period correct car was great!!

Oh, yea.......I'm 41.

Disco got the hippie chicks to clean up a bit, it got people on the dance floor, coke was ok but speed was cheaper, I think most of us knew it was crap but it was fun crap at the time. It was a social thing, at home with your buds you listened to rock, jazz, classical, tomita, whatever, and passed the bong.

Disco got the hippie chicks to clean up a bit, it got people on the dance floor, coke was ok but speed was cheaper, I think most of us knew it was crap but it was fun crap at the time. It was a social thing, at home with your buds you listened to rock, jazz, classical, tomita, whatever, and passed the bong.

Isao Tomita......LOLOLOL....I still have a copy or two of "Planets" around here somewhere...

I enjoyed that time. Had a ball. It was magical.

The leisure suits and platform shoes are long gone but the fond memories are stayin' alive.

I have a couple of disco collection CDs. Put the CD on and WOW, I'm back there.

One of the greatest things about music is how it triggers a stream of consciousness relative to a time and place in your life.

Maybe
disco isn't on a paar with serious rock. But then maybe the best rock
doesn't hold a candle to Bach. Who cares? Enjoy.

One of the best song quotes of all times "These are the good old days".

Yeah....I admit to going through those years as the disco era corresponded with my college days. And while I liked the music then (and now), some of my memories make me blush with embarassment - you know, things like clothing [:$] and the dance contests [:$] I would go to (and win [:$] [:$] ). Sheesh - better stop the confessing now.......

One thing that does stand out is the frat dance parties we would have. Man - the beating my Heresy's would take in a night at the hands of a Kenwood 75 watt/channel integrated amp. HA - the other pair of speakers drafted into service were my friends' Original Advent's that had to be driven with a Crown DC300A to keep up with my Heresy's. Use to piss him off that my Heresy's could rock with so little power.

Tom