OT: What's your favorite coffee, or other AM beverage?

Piranha

Picky - we had the B&D machine as a gift. It broke in about 3-4 weeks. Got the Senseo. There is a huge difference across the board both in the machine's behavior/quality and the result. Even with the same pod brand. If it breaks, try the Senseo.

meagain: Thanks for the tip! The Phillips Senseo does look like a more robust design and it should be as it's more costly to buy. So far, so good: I have been brewing about 4 cups a day, every weekday now for about two years and my Black & Decker is showing signs of its age but still functioning well. I probably will either buy the replacement parts that they offer for the machine I have if/when it breaks, or try the Senseo. Thanks.

This is the one I have. There's a newer GT300 Model now that looks a bit upscale from this:

post-10177-13819321523538_thumb.jpg

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Believe it or not I have never even tasted coffee in my life...and I am going to be 47 in March.

I was maried for 15 years and neither my wife nor I drank it. We gave away coffee makers that were given to us.

I am now remarried and guess what....she doesn't drink coffee either. We don't have a coffee maker, and I found that I dislike tea too.

My 17 year old son works at a Jittery Joes and makes all those fancy coffee drinks, but I won't be drinking any of them.

Diet Coke is about as far as I go.

What? uhhh I've read about people like you but never met one....A coffee virgin!

That is amazing!

You see I am addicted to coffee not in the way that someone is addicted to chocolate or tv. I mean if I don't get it I'll get head aches get bitchy etc. It is the only thing I am addicted to and I ain't giving it up either. If I lived in an appropriate climate I would grow my own beans.

I don't like fancy coffee like espresso etc just give me fresh beans and a press. MMM sweet nectar of the gods......mmmmm

Seti,

I thought you started the day like me. Meth and a warm beer.[:D]

tc

Picky - Wow. You've had good luck with it then. We got the pod machine after appreciating the concept from the gifted B&D. The plan was to cut our coffee consumption and just do 1 good cup a day - 2 maybe on weekends. I actually think I can do decalf as it's sure come a long way. Anyhoo - I'm doing about 3 cups/day. Oops.

Believe it or not I have never even tasted coffee in my life...and I am going to be 47 in March.

I was maried for 15 years and neither my wife nor I drank it. We gave away coffee makers that were given to us.

I am now remarried and guess what....she doesn't drink coffee either. We don't have a coffee maker, and I found that I dislike tea too.

My 17 year old son works at a Jittery Joes and makes all those fancy coffee drinks, but I won't be drinking any of them.

Diet Coke is about as far as I go.

What? uhhh I've read about people like you but never met one....A coffee virgin!

That is amazing!

You see I am addicted to coffee not in the way that someone is addicted to chocolate or tv. I mean if I don't get it I'll get head aches get bitchy etc. It is the only thing I am addicted to and I ain't giving it up either. If I lived in an appropriate climate I would grow my own beans.

I don't like fancy coffee like espresso etc just give me fresh beans and a press. MMM sweet nectar of the gods......mmmmm

Seti,

I thought you started the day like me. Meth and a warm beer.[:D]

tc

Meth and a warm beer nah I gave it up and switched to shrooms and guinness to start my day off right :)

• Moderators

I have decided to start my own coffee shop based on this business model.

http://www.cowgirlsespresso.com/

The only problem is I don't want to have to get waxed to look that good in my thong. I don't see how this could go wrong.

Seti I hate to break the news to you but it would take alot more than a wax for you to fit in in that group ! [:$]

I have decided to start my own coffee shop based on this business model.

http://www.cowgirlsespresso.com/

The only problem is I don't want to have to get waxed to look that good in my thong. I don't see how this could go wrong.

Seti I hate to break the news to you but it would take alot more than a wax  for you to fit in in that group ! [:$]

Oh come on  : ( 

I have started working out again and in two more months and I'll be ready : ) Look out....

oh, that pix reminds me- does anyone take their tea 'British style' with a spot of milk?

Michael, as a US citizen and hailing from French and Irish descent, no. I was weaned like most mammals way back in childhood. Brits apparently never are. However, if she insisted.....well I just might in an effort not to upset her....

John,

I believe Greyfriar's downtown often has some Kenya AA. A lot of Ian's coffee is very good, he does a good job roasting.

Definitely

need to use water without the chlorine in it. For making coffee or tea.

You will not need nearly as much coffee or tea that way, and the flavor

will be way better.

Greyfrair's makes the coffee for Stroud's . I'm a

regular over there. i tried to get Greyfrair's to sell me green

beans, but they won't. I'll try the bottled water, that will be

another expense I don't need! [;)]