Dean's at it Again!!!

meagain

Who would you rather have on your side in a bar fight, a legendary bad cowboy genius or a squawking bird? Please vote!

Rigma

or is that a squawking cowboy and a legendary genius bird!!

have a blessed day,

roy delgado

ps...get back to work on the jubs.....

Roy,

No I had it right.[:@] I did get a lot done the last couple days, and will update pics soon.

Rigma

• Replies 433
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I find some of the negative vibes by some very interesting. I'd maybe want to draw an analogy.

My wife is blonde hair, blue eyes. I've always tended to gravitate to those, with the blue eyes being the specific part. Parrott, if your wife / sig other, was redhead, brunette, bald... it wouldn't matter to me and I'd certainly not be suggesting you're making a physical nor asthetic mistake by pursuing said redhead/other.

I think if someone sees a woman they find attractive and want to pursue her... power to them. Unless she happens to be my wife, I'm all for them getting what they're after. Even if I thought YOU were going after the ugliest woman in the WORLD, that doesn't mean she's ugly to YOU and more importantly, as they say... beauty is skin deep and plug ugly goes to the bone.

hmm...perhaps I ought to come up with a better analogy [:o]

Now, simply swap out speakers for women.

If Dean or anyone else wants to pursue plug ugly, then SO WHAT if he bemoans their looks later on down the road. you know what? He (or his wife) might bemoan their looks, but there will be NO denying their sound. I'll offer MY wife up for that proof. She's clearly on YOUR skateboard with the 'plug ugly' business. You know what? She even thinks YOUR Khorns and Belle's are plug ugly!!! yep, she does. I know. I had some Khorns here too. So, YOU too, have some plug ugly speakers according to some and you know what? the same person that thinks YOUR speakers are plug ugly, thinks MINE sound better!! After all, she's one of only a few that have had the real world experience of hearing them in the same room with the same electonics. I'd wonder if that makes her opinion even better educated than yours???

Yep...tis true

So...now that we've established that "fact"... SO WHAT???? Are you going to ditch YOUR plug ugly speakers? Are you going to perhaps refinish them? Nope. You're going to sit in your chair and just relax and enjoy how nice they sound. Unfortunately, as per my experience, you won't have as nice of sound experience as you COULD be having had you been listening to even MORE plug ugly speakers.

[:D]

Who the hell cares how they look? If you're too much of a pansy to choose what performs to your liking then obviously a speaker like the Jubilee is not meant for you. I'm sure Dean wouldn't choose it if looks were an issue. For cryin out loud, they're going in his bedroom! I would assume that he has appetites like most of us do, and if he were to go hungry due to his speaker choice, he would at least move them to the garage if it were really an issue.

Really Paul, you have a problem. As much as some folks welcome you back everytime you crawl back here, you always end up doing this silly little dance. I can't imagine what your deal really is, but every now and again it's interesting to watch; that's for sure.

Maybe you should sack up and buy some ugly (uglier - I don't think Khorns exactly qualify for a place next to Rodin or anything) speakers. Consider it an experiment in personal empowerment. Check with your doctor first to make sure you're ready, though.

I've been curious for years regarding the pathological need to "help others avoid mistakes".

Someone needs to get a life.

Seriously, Ben, your fixation on the Parrot is pathological.

I'm not kidding. What is this, about your 1000th personal attack on the Parrot? Is that your only reason for being here? Does complaining about the Parrot give some meaning to your life?

Boy is there ever a bunch of arguing here about something that I never said or did. Where the heck did I ever try to convince Dean not to buy Jubilees? I did recommend that he enclose the tops. Apparently most of you don't understand that Dean values aesthetics.

you are kidding right? no

factual information? gee let's see: curves (check),

network schematics (check), active filter settings (check), delay

settings (check), countless other "real" discussions about the jub

(check), wrote an aes article that is available by gil and others on

the forum (check), setup not one but two demonstrations of the jub

with passives and with actives (check), am available for the serious

person wanting to get into jubs (check), will answer "serious"

qeustions about jubs (check), have never turned down anyone on pm,

emails at home or work with questions, comment, suggestions about the

jub (check)......wait you're right. i haven't been

diligent.......i am turning in my horn in the morning....

have a blessed day,

roy delgado

No

I do not chase data down as the customer. If I made my customers do the same thing I would have few or less.

For the first time in 31 years of evaluating and purchasing Klipsch

speakers, a current technology communication document (What happened to

"Dope from Hope"?) does not exist in paper, . PDF, PowerPoint or other

another format about a new Klipsch speaker( Jubilee home version).

I cannot take the Jubilee concept serious since the RB-10 has more cohesive information.

http://www.klipsch.com/products/details/rb-10.aspx

Someone needs to get a life.

Agreed.

Seriously, Ben, your fixation...

Curiousity about an obvious disfunction does not equate to fixation.

...on the Parrot is pathological.

Speaking in the third person? Not a good sign either.

I'm not kidding. What is this, about your 1000th personal attack on the Parrot? Is that your only reason for being here? Does complaining about the Parrot give some meaning to your life?

Delusions of grandeur as well. Good luck with all that. Thanks for the laugh, though.

Yeah, Audio Flynn, I noticed that the Bad Cowboy breezed right by your request for Jubilee info

in a
summarized concise manner
and for a cohesive sales and marketing "fact sheet" that
would encourage me to consider this speaker.

He was too busy taunting the Parrot.

Who the hell cares how they look? If

you're too much of a pansy to choose what performs to your liking then

obviously a speaker like the Jubilee is not meant for you. I'm

sure Dean wouldn't choose it if looks were an issue. For cryin

out loud, they're going in his bedroom! I would assume

that he has appetites like most of us do, and if he were to go hungry

due to his speaker choice, he would at least move them to the garage if

it were really an issue.

Really Paul, you have a problem. As much as some folks

welcome you back everytime you crawl back here, you always end up doing

this silly little dance. I can't imagine what your deal really

is, but every now and again it's interesting to watch; that's for sure.

Maybe you should sack up and buy some ugly (uglier - I don't think Khorns exactly qualify for a place next to Rodin or anything) speakers. Consider it an experiment in personal empowerment. Check with your doctor first to make sure you're ready, though.

Life is strange. Life is good. Life is all that it should be.

Gonna paint my mailbox blue.

Maybe painting the mailbox blue does not offer valuable therapy. "Sack up?"

So

you imply Theile, Legacy, ML, Totem, Montana and other speaker

companies' customers buy asthetically pleasing speakers that do

not perform just because they are pretty ?

Pretty strange

Life is strange. Life is good. Life is all that it should be.

Gonna paint my mailbox blue.

Maybe painting the mailbox blue does not offer valuable therapy. "Sack up?"

Could you be more clear? Not sure what you're after here.

So you imply Theile, Legacy, ML, Totem, Montana and other speaker companies' customers buy asthetically pleasing speakers that do not perform just because they are pretty ?

No. Not really. Don't confuse your inferences with my implications. edit: Actually having reflected on it for a moment, I'm sure there are plenty of speakers that are uglier yet outperform those you mention that the vast majority of customers wouldn't even consider based on appearance alone. So what?

Pretty strange

Agreed.

The K-55 is a nice sounding driver, I've never had a problem with it -- but if you're going to go through the trouble of upgrading the bottom sections, you might as well go for broke. DJK has me freaking looking at 2435's -- I'd consider selling one of the cars to get pair if I didn't think Debbie would castrate me. OTOH, I think she might be considering that anyway.

I think Roy uses the forum to unwind and have a little fun. If you want serious discussion then engage him with email or up in the Technical section. If he were to leap into some serious discussion down here -- 95% of us wouldn't understand 95% of what he's talking about. Mostly I think he thinks some of the stuff said down here is idiotic and has just decided to speak the same language. Actually, he's sending a message, but you guys aren't getting it. What I find absolutely hilarious is that some of you think his posts reveal and contain the substance of his person. As as soon as everyone decides to grow up a little and quit making demands like a bunch of two year olds, and ready to learn something as opposed to arrogantly imposing their almighty and all knowing opinions on him -- he might actually take the time to teach us something.

Paul, I guess you expect a principle engineer of Klipsch to be 'professional', yet don't necessarily feel the need to set any professional standards for yourself.

I do feel special though. Every time I sell or buy something, my 'friends' want to save me from myself. In the meantime, my system keeps sounding better and better. Keep up the good work guys!

I think Roy uses the forum to unwind and have a little fun. If you want serious discussion then engage him with email or up in the Technical section. If he were to leap into some serious discussion down here -- 95% of us wouldn't understand 95% of what he's talking about. Mostly I think he thinks some of the stuff said down here is idiotic and has just decided to speak the same language. Actually, he's sending a message, but you guys aren't getting it. What I find absolutely hilarious is that some of you think his posts reveal and contain the substance of his person. As as soon as everyone decides to grow up a little and quit making demands like a bunch of two year olds, and ready to learn something as opposed to arrogantly imposing their almighty and all knowing opinions on him -- he might actually take the time to teach us something.

Paul, I guess you expect a principle engineer of Klipsch to be 'professional', yet don't necessarily feel the need to set any professional standards for yourself.

Probably all true. I did the same thing a while back and probably made a bit of a fool of myself, even if I did have some good points in the process. I mean I must have, right?

I do not chase data down as the customer.

What a strange thing to say. We're talking speakers here, not the molecular structure of different plastics. You mentioned a 'home version' of the Jubilee, but there is none -- that's why there is no marketing brochure. It's also why I said earlier that they are not 'sold', but pursued and bought. There's plenty of data, and it's been pasted all over the forum over the last six months. People not interested or considering persual obviously haven't followed the threads. What's available is a fully engineered solution for the home using products from the Cinema Line. It's a partial DIY effort with help from Klipsch (Roy). I wouldn't consider it plug and play.

For the record, I don't think the LF section is ''ugly'. I think she has clean lines and if the paint is done right there's not a thing wrong with it from an asthetics perspective. It certainly isn't any worse looking than a black LaScala.

I'm buying a speaker I haven't heard... -- but if the room plays so significant a role, then what good would it do to hear it in a room nothing much like my own?

Your comment, Dean, about needing to hear the speakers in your own room is very profound. I reckon not hearing them before hand can be a good thing - you're not going to form an incorrect view as to how they might sound at home...

geesh, a guy thinks about buying a pair of speakers and it gets 27 pages and 6000+ viewings? What's the big deal?

and re the marketing channels for the big boys- trust me, Roy and I are working on it. It's a special project, under wraps for your security.

when I lived on the family farm, my Grandpa painted all our mailboxes a lovely Ford Blue- dig it!

give me the crazy scientist man in a bar fight, he'll talk our way out of fisticuffs as it doesn't suit us.

Donovan's 'Mellow Yellow' is playing on the Muzak right now, I'm feeling rather nostalgic....

Have a groovy day,

Michael