Old Buckster, it's your birthday!

sheltie dave

I'm home for the weekend, so there is a long honey-do list. Cleaning out the storage room in the basement, moving the big sets of speakers around, getting some of the bargain el cheapo broken stuff ready to go out the door for repairs, and there is the ole Scott 299D we pooled to get fixed up for Taylor a couple years back.

It has been to two forum lurking members since then who got into tubes after visits, and a couple other audio friends in St. Louis, but it needs a good home with a deserving papa.

I will be taking it up to Craig's house sometime in the next three following weekends so he can spec it out, replace the 7591 output tubes, and make sure it is a happy camper. If you would like it, I would want somewhere in the range of up to $100. Not a gift, but I want to continue the pay it forward deal we started when we came together to fix it up for Taylor. If anyone wants to kick in, they can send a donation to Craig. Even if you can't send anything right now, Old Buckster, we have you covered.

Just send your address to Craig, and we'll get you your tube amp.

...and sorry for the italics - Liam pressed a couple buttons, and I don't $% know how to change it back[:o]

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was wondering what ever happed to that Scott 299d tube amp, I thought that the young lad (Shoemaker) was going too keep it, evidently not so, anyway it looks like a happy birthday too the Old Buckster. Dave if you still have the cabinet that I donated for the amp you can give it too Old Buckster also. Looks like its time for the amp too find a good home and the Old Buckster will give it one, how cool.

Arf, I'm glad you posted. I definitely want to include it, and forgot to mention that it will come with an Arf-built oak enclosure guaranteed to stop speeding bullets, beer cans, and angry wives from destroying precious tubes[;)] I hope you two can make it up for Pigstock when I get back home in the summer.

Come on Buckster, wake up! This will even fit in your Porsche.

Taylor became enamored with more thump than the Heresys would give him in a smaller room. I wish I had a set of Fortes back then, as they would still be rockin his world...

Years ago I heard a set of klipsch forte speakers up at Flips audio store, I was really impressed with them, the bass was really nice. I think the forte in the used heritage line of speakers is the best bang for the buck as far as priceing has been lately. Usually you can pick the forte speakers up for around the same price as the heresys, and if you like bass the forte will just kill the heresy in the that department. Dont get me wrong the heresy is a great set of speakers but if I was looking for a set of speakers in that $400 to $700 range I would take the forte.

I'm on the lookout for some tubes also. I think my 72 Khorns deserve them. Right now they're powered by a noisy HK430 that I need to take out of service. They are in a nice lively room (my gallery) and I barely have any source components for them.

Suggestions.

btw Sheltie- that is a VERY cool offer you're making Bucky- hope he grabs it!

Y'know...I was thinkin' (ALWAYS a dangerous undertaking!) that Tubes sometimes are thought to mellow out the harshness some perceive with Horns or SS gear...might Tubes mellow out the perceived harshness of the Old Buckster??? Will we even know him after Tubes??? Might he be saying things like Coolsville Daddy-O...will we have to call him a Hep-Cat???

Tune in to this and other exciting stories on "As the Klipsch Turns"...where meagain gets her 5th set of Klipschorns and exclaims...are these bright???...teasin'...[:P] [;)]

Bill

• Moderators

I must be dreamin', and I didn't read this thread right........run this bye me again.......I'm speechless...except,

Touche pauln......................EH !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

OB Speechless? Now that is a first. I don't want anybody doing any more nice things for OB if it is going to render him dumb (as in unable to speak), cause I just have to have my daily dose of OB. OB Happy Birthday, or Lincoln's Birthday, or whatever it is, and enjoy the tubes.

Travis

• Moderators

Y'know...I was thinkin' (ALWAYS a dangerous undertaking!) that Tubes sometimes are thought to mellow out the harshness some perceive with Horns or SS gear...might Tubes mellow out the perceived harshness of the Old Buckster??? Will we even know him after Tubes??? Might he be saying things like Coolsville Daddy-O...will we have to call him a Hep-Cat???

Tune in to this and other exciting stories on "As the Klipsch Turns"...where meagain gets her 5th set of Klipschorns and exclaims...are these bright???...teasin'...[:P] [;)]

Bill

That's funny.

OB is speechless ! [:o] That's hard to belive.

Next he will be telling us about some jazz albums he had found for his new turntable, and how he can't stand to listen to rock anymore.

Never mind I forgot we are talking about OB.

Those new Heresys' should sound great with your new toy, congratulations OB.

Sheltie Dave, that was a very nice thing to do.[Y]

" Helping the elderly always is a nice thing to do !" That should get OB back to his old self again. Want to really make him happy send him some pic's of some college girls with the amp !

I am not use to being on the receiving end of nice things.............kinda' in mild shock, if you will...........wordless..............

I hear ya OB. Joshnich sent me a vintage Marantz for an office system i'm trying to set up. At first I was a little uncomfortable for not paying for it but then I realized some of these guys enjoy helping others. At some point i'll pay it forward, so I say give it a try & enjoy.