Meagain's at it again

Parrot

• Replies 368
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's not a literal side by side since Mark came & got the Khorns so quickly (and left me Klipschless until Jubilees arrived)

Here is pic of Khorns in corners. Note the logs and the markings between them. The logs are 12" logs and between them are 4x4's (which are 3 1/2 x 3 1/2)

post-15072-13819325347286_thumb.jpg

66" tall? Not as bad as I thought. Not a crazy height at all.

Dean - when will you get them? This is too exciting!

Lisa, if someone has a pair of Khorns "sitting around", swapping them out for the Jubilee is NOT a major imposition on the room. Ya, someone may not like the asthetics, but I'm speaking to raw dimensions (HxW). Especially if put into a corner, the Jubilee will not take any more room than a Khorn. It's only something like 12/18 inches taller and that's about it.

I have a picture of my old Khorns in my room (see Chronicles thread) so people can get a reference point.

And you won't have to worry about some dork setting a drink on top like the K-horns . . .

If you focus on the left side you will see a knot in the wood behind the speaker. That knot is but a couple inches higher than the Khorn/Academy and about on target with the Jubilee.

So, the biggest impact to a room (size wise) with the Jubilee is primarily their height.

I think you would have to admit that the khorns hide in the corner more. They are shorter and more narrow.

I kinda like the industrial look really. BUT that room Richard doesn't have that industrial look. Your house is well furnished with nice things. You have that decorative fireplace there in white with this big black spaceship beside it. It definately catches your attention when walking into that room.

Brought back memories seeing that picture. Those huge speakers in that room is intimidating.

jc

I think you would have to admit that the khorns hide in the corner more. They are shorter and more narrow.

I agree in an absolute sense. My viewpoint however is, once you have the Khorns in there, the incremental gain to have the Jubilees in there as replacements is what? maybe a 20% incremental gain in size? (just making a number to draw a point, I suppose we could calculate the size difference). So if you go from Cornwalls to Jubilees it's going to be a VERY substantial difference in size & room impact. From Khorn to Jubilee is a less substantial difference, the "big step" has already been made (when the Khorns were put in).

I kinda like the industrial look really. BUT that room Richard doesn't have that industrial look. Your house is well furnished with nice things. You have that decorative fireplace there in white with this big black spaceship beside it. It definately catches your attention when walking into that room.

Thanks for the kind words but do remember, all of this will be shoveled downstairs once I get the big room done. We hope to be priming the walls of the bathroom this weekend, then painting it & installing the doors.

Brought back memories seeing that picture. Those huge speakers in that room is intimidating.

Indimidating...yes, a word I've used myself. I think they'd be intimiating in just about any room though, nothing special about mine. I personally think it's that K402 staring at you.... telling you without uttering a word that it can drive you to your knees with some serious spl.

jc

No offense but you need to go re-read all the Jubilee threads and read what Roy posted about the Jubilee for some reason people seem to be fighting him tooth and nail on a speaker speaker system that he worked on with PWK and he clearly understood the goals they were working towards. One of the primary goals of PWK was to get the Klipschorn to a 2 way system which was finally realized with the Klipschorn Jubilee.

Roy perhaps a well documented FAQ about the Jubilee would be helpful. That FAQ document could then be handed to those with questions about origins of the Jubilee and also to new potential customers.

No offense taken Seti. Thanks for that. I posted what I understood. I'm trying to come to grips with this whole Jubilee thing. There's so much stuff floating around with the wink, wink, nudge, nudge kind of innuendo used on these threads that it's hard to sort fact from fiction. I don't think I'm the only one confused by this while thing. A FAQ is a really good idea... I'm glad I thought of that! [;)] LOL!

Look what 'someone' typed in October 2004........

"Ya know, the K-horn has a unique, wonderful signature all its own, and
I really like them just the way they are. To be perfectly honest, I see
no real reason to go to larger drivers and horns unless one has a
relatively large room, or simply lives in a world of extremely high SPL
listening -- both being cases where the lower distortion levels would
be desirable."

LOL Funny.

No Richard they are not that far off but in all that black they dominate those corners[:P] Who's in for a little Klipsch domination[8] break out the [pi] and let's get this party started (as Me-A would say "Little Dancing Figure goes HERE")[;)]

Dean, I think you are going to be happy beyond what you might be imagining once you have put some juice to your new babies[:D]

another boring thread since deano placed his order........ho hum......who's next?

You could discuss the K-403. Couldn't production ones be made out of fiberglass, which would eliminate the "wooden" horn production problem? How does it sound compared to the 402 and 510?

I should imagine that some sort of solution is possible so that the horns could be produced in wood - or some kind of wood laminate. There must be a manufacturer with the wood forming technology who could produce this sort of stuff in reasonable production quanities... But a less complicated solution would be some kind of wood frame around the horn itself.