dean at it again II

bodcaw boy

• Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wendell Johnson Speech and Hearing Center is housed in a 27,000 cubic foot space (30' x 30' x 30') that is isolated from the rest of the building. The chamber is further isolated within the "vault" in that its contact with the floor, walls, and ceiling is through a series of springs. The 36" baffles which fill the floor, walls, and ceiling contribute to sound absorption properties that extend down to 60 Hz.

That's a pretty good sized chamber, and it only goes to 60Hz.

in full space, our chamber is pretty good to around 150 hz. as you reduce space and distance, the bottom end accuracy improves dramatically. we have done outside corner measurements with 1/8 space loading in our chamber and they are very close....

have a blessed day,

roy delgado

Yes, that is the curve I was speaking of.

I interpret that as the response in a corner. Of course you can expect "room gain" of the low end on any speaker placed in a corner. I've heard some La Scalas in a corner in this small room one time that was hitting very low. They didn't do that in my house.

Yes, Richard...I would suspect your are getting some room gain of the low end in your setup. Yes it sounds good. Is your Basemant say 2x the size of your listenig room right now?

jc

it a curve in the 1/8 space loading in the chamber.....

have a blessed day,

roy delgado

Thanks Roy. More good info for us to chew on.

You must have a large bank of curves stored somewhere. The Commercial/cinema forums aren't too popular so I'll ask this here.

Do you have a curve of the raw response of the KPT-684? I wanted to see its low end w/o EQ and how high up it goes before the impedance goes nutty.

My wife and I are starting to make plans for our new house and trying to get a hold of just how I want to do it. I think it was the 684's we heard at Hope. Those were amazing.

jc

jc,

i will what i can find. by the way, were you the one that wanted cinema locations in atlanta?

have a blessed day,

roy delgado

Yep...that was me.

here you go.

Atlantic Station 16

371 17th Street NW

Atlanta, GA 30363

Regal Cinemas

Arbor Place Mall

Douglasville

GA

Regal Cinemas

Augusta Exchange 20

Augusta

GA

Regal Cinemas

Austell 22

Austell

GA

Regal Cinemas

Mall of Georgia

Buford

GA

Regal Cinemas

Medlock Crossing

Duluih

GA

Regal Cinemas

North 85 Twin Drive

Chamblee

GA

have a blessed day,

roy delgado

I thought no doubt existed whether they be in a closet or auditorium?

Isn't Dean's room all "disco'ed" out? I'm thinking of the mirrored ball and love seats (the kind similar to that commercial where the family on vacation walks into the red fluffly bedroom that might not be so "family friendly")

Maybe Bobby Trendy from the Anna Nicole show can help Dean out?

Bobby Trendy is a Vietnamese-American interior decorator, designer and television personality. According to his publicist, his birth name is Robert Trendih[1]. A certificate of incorporation for a company known as Bobby Trendy, Inc, indicates his real name may be Robert Trinh.[2] He was born c.1979 in Valencia, California and graduated in 1999 from Saugus High School [3].

Trendy's celebrity clientel have included: Janet Jackson, Catherine Zeta Jones, Carmen Electra and Dennis Rodman. According to Trendy, everything he designs is "over the top", designed to show off one's "optimal wealth" with "no expense spared"[4]. His flamboyant sense of personal style has resulted in his personal appearance wardrobe being compared to that of the late Liberace. [5] Trendy's work as a designer has been featured on the Lifetime Network's home improvement show Merge and ABC's Bachelor Pad.[6][7]

Trendy is notable for his many appearances on The Anna Nicole Show (2002-2004) as the interior decorator to Anna Nicole Smith, who was eventually dissatisfied with the quality of his work. Their ongoing feud served as a major recurring plotline during the show's first season, with Trendy serving as a primary antagonist on the series. Seen by many as a colorful character, he frequently used the memorable descriptor "luxurious" in reference to furniture, himself or activities in which he participated. Trendy's inability to meet deadlines and honor commitments was a running theme, ending in a soured relationship, and culminated in an episode during which Smith destroyed the bed frame and pillows Trendy had fashioned for her. [8] During his final appearance on the show, he was refused access to the residence and threatened to sue both Smith and her attorney, Howard K. Stern [9]