LIES LIES LIES

Thermalup

If it's any consolation I had to wait something like ten weeks to get my Cornwalls ... in 1974.

They were worth the wait and I've enjoyed them ever since.

Which reminds me. Should I get them veneered and retire them to a live of ease and luxury and classical music or slap another coat of black paint on them and keep them ready for the road. Since I got both HIPs and KP-301s, I'm leaning towards the former, although the CWs sound much better both at home and as a background or foreground speaker outside.

As long as I'm rambling, I got a letter from a woman who'd had a booth at a "Canine Carnival" I used the CWs at. She wrote my boss that she was amazed that the music could be heard all over the park, but up close, where her booth was, the sound wasn't penetrating or unpleasantly loud. When you think about it, that's pretty high praise.

• Replies 154
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I ordered three heresy IIIs about a month ago and for whatever reason my dealer keeps telling me klipsch keeps pushing back the date of delivery. So I called Klipsh and talked to a guy named Chris in the Klipsch customer service office, he told me today that the delivery wouldn't be until April 5th .....WTF. Has anyone else had this problem? If this proves to be the case I think I'll have to cancel the order and go to B&W or Polk cause as far as Im concerned The new stuff Klipsch is making just dont do it for me.

geeeeee, that's nothing, in the other forum a fellow is out $14000.00 and has not seen his McIntosh yet.

Considering Polk or B & W? ........that's odd, two speaker companies with a very different sound.

Good Luck!

• Moderators

I think it's probably standard practice for a Heritage dealer to say "six to eight weeks". When I was looking for new Klipschorns I was told "a minimum of six weeks". I do agree that a customer should be told up front what the real wait will be. OTOH, a fact of business is getting behind on production runs -- and I think this is often the case with build to order. If you are told it will be a month, it's probably best to figure on two. At any rate, poop happens -- I don't see the sense in blowing a gasket over it.

Dean,

You hit it. The dealer is just that, the dealer, not an employee, but someone who has reached an agreement with Klipsch to sell their speakers. Customer service is at the dealer level. Good customer service would be to say it "averages 6 to 8 weeks depending on the number of orders that are placed, but let me call them for you and see if I can get a more accurate estimate for you." You then repeat the information to the customer without any spin, which I believe you know from first hand experience is going to be something like "it typically takes 8 to 12 weeks but it depends on the number of orders we get, it can take longer in some cases." Good customer service would then to call Klipsch peridocally get updates from Klipsch and pass that information onto the customer. None of that is the fault of Klipsch. I just flat out do not believe that anyone at Klipsch told this "dealer" that it was going to be 3 weeks. It tells me the "lies" are coming from the dealer.

What's the bottom line? Are we talking about an additional 4 week wait from what thermalup was originally told?

Travis

• Moderators

Sorry for all of the empty post.....Cant explain that, some website problem. I can assure you i would not create so many empty post.

In addition, As some of you suggested, I responded by private email to the Klipsch employee who has responded and I have not got a response as of yet. Oh, and by the way. I spoke with my dealer again today and to my surprise they indicated that they were told that the initial delivery time that was given to them was 2-3 weeks. They told me 4-6 weeks to cover their butt. I guess they are on to Klipsch ability or lack there of to "guess" when they can ship a speaker. What a shame

I would say the problem is your dealer, if they claim they were told 2 to 3 weeks they were probably not being straight with you. Did your dealer promise you that they would be done by a certain date? If they did then you need to find another dealer. Ask your dealer why, if Klipsch is so unreliable, do they continue to do business with them. The answer to that question will answer all of your other questions; that is where the heart of this matter "lies." I would be sincerely interested to hear their response.

Travis

This whole thread points up the extraordinary civilized nature of the Klipsch freak. We so want the whole world to experience the magnificent transcendental, life changing, get a woman make a baby so you can hand them down, God as my witness you are there, wonders of PWK's legacy to a suffering world that we willingly torerate this kind of less than comprehension of what is required to produce such a product (and I suffered over how to phrase that and remain a civilised Klipsch freak).

Sir: I waited THIRTY YEARS for my Klipschorns, and it was worth every minute of it.

END RANT

Dave

Gee this was fun, wasn't it. NOT. Dude don't ever ever order a hand made product. Hand made products take time to make. Sorry, that's just the way it is. If you can't appreciate the difference between a highrate production line and a hand made product, maybe the Heritage products aren't for you.

Thanx, Russ

I allready confirmed that the dealer placed the order when they said they did with the Klipsch customer service rep Chris. I am confident in the dealer and the facts show that the dealer indeed did their job. They've appologised on behalf of Klipsch and offered to give me a deal on other brands that they sale and indicated that this is just the way things are sometimes with Klipsch. I sincerely hope that Mr. Delgado cam get to the bottom of this and produce accurate information. I would like the Herey IIIs but I will not continue to be kept in limbo. Thanks for your reply

hey thermalup,

bottom line, we should try to get you the speakers when we say we would. i have got your info and i will try to find out what is going on. i have been asking around the plant if we are behind schedule or if we have had any parts issues. i will get back with you. again, i am sorry for the trouble you have had.

have a blessed day,

roy delgado

• Moderators

Maybe it's because the whole factory has to stop everything to try to make sense of those Jubilee drawings for Dean?

Now you are probably getting somewhere. I suspect that his Jubilee project has set everything back considerbly. Thanks for blowing it for the rest of us Dean.[:D]

This whole thread points up the extraordinary civilized nature of the Klipsch freak. We so want the whole world to experience the magnificent transcendental, life changing, get a woman make a baby so you can hand them down, God as my witness you are there, wonders of PWK's legacy to a suffering world that we willingly torerate this kind of less than comprehension of what is required to produce such a product (and I suffered over how to phrase that and remain a civilised Klipsch freak).

Sir: I waited THIRTY YEARS for my Klipschorns, and it was worth every minute of it.

END RANT

Dave

Did you pay for them thirty years before you got them?

Keith

END RANT

Dave

Did you pay for them thirty years before you got them?

Keith

great retort " did you pay for them 30 years b-4 you received them" classic gotta love that

think of all the good music listening lost waiting around 30 years for k-horns !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

i do like the fact that roy stepped up and stated that bottom line thermalup should get his product when promised, no excuses just the facts and who more than a klipsch employee would know better if the fact the product is handmade is a viable excuse for late delivery of said product...............i for one applaud your honesty and cander roy...........if this were my delima i would much rather hear the facts and have the excuses left out of the conversation kudos to you

Joe