Wanna show off your racks?

tommyboy

• Replies 153
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Here's mine. The rack isn't fancy but it does the job. It's what is on it that i like. Those darn shiny silver faceplates reflect the light something terrible. I know you can't tell but the scott rear tubes are just in front of the TT shelf so no need to worry about heat. The shelf is only a couple inches above it though. I hope you like it. At age 20, i look back, and i'm like, wow, i spent most of my money on all of this, but i love it. I wouldn't take back a penny of it.

From top down:

Pioneer pl-560

Scott 233

Pioneer sx-980

Rotel RCD-1072

NAD T753

Panasonic DVD player

Panasonice VCR

XBOX

post-18017-13819326418816_thumb.jpg

I'm bored too, where's colter.

Edited for Lisa - bottom to top:

Outlaw 7500 amp (5x200) - QSC plx2402 amp (2x425) - Belkin F5C980 - Outlaw 990 Pre

Sony DVPNC85B - Targus laptop chill mat - Dish VIP 622 - Samsung Plasma 42"

Gusdorf rack thankfully still holding TV

..................Targus laptop chill mat ............

Arky,

We yankee Hogs from the Hill not B too quick.

Never entered my mind to use a chill pad for audio!!! Small footprint, thin, quiet, and some are A/C powered. In the amp stack (pile) I get a small amount of heat transfer between the AH! and my JMA "little brick" pre. A chill mat would fit the bill.

Thanks,

Terry

Arthurs - Oh my..... Well, I went to your system profile and admit I don't recognize one single gadget in the lineup or even what they do as a function. :) Love the blue lights but bet that's some pricey gear? I'm very interested in the colums, who makes them, and what their construction is. They look cool IMO. The speaks are line arrays? If so, I don't see a sub and it was my impression they tend to require one? I heard line-arrays at Smilin's house and fell in love with them. Oh - and what's with the cool light column thingy?

I made the columns myself out of James Manville rigid fiberglass pipe covers, half-covered in aluminum backed paper, wrapped in mesh screen for smooth surfaces, and then fabric wrapped. Each column is roughly 9' tall, with 2" thick walls, and there are 3 diameters, 9", 16", and 22" Finally they are stuffed full of Owens Corning acoustic insulation for attics. If anyone wants to know how to make them, drop me a PM and I can walk you through it. They have done amazing things for the sonics of the room and really aren't expensive or a big pain (once you've gone through the trial and error).

The lights are just some floor standing lamps from Pottery Barn.

As far as a sub, these are prototype speakers that Danny Richie at GR Research is making for Mark Schifter and they measured down to 18 in-room, so I haven't felt the need for a sub yet, but may still add some infinite baffel units into the walls....but that's for another day....[8-)]