New Jubilee owner

Coytee

How far are you running these speakers from the side wall and out from the back wall. I read with interest Bob's comments about losing the "one note" effect when he brought them out from the wall. Just wondering how much room these baby's need to breathe.

Edit: I forgot these were corner loaded until I read through the rest of the threads and so the great photos. How much low end do you lose if they are on a wall but no corner?

My understanding from BerryBoy is they can be up to about 10" from each wall with zero negative effect. I have a thick plug (from my solid state amp) going into the wall socket and it just happens to FORCE me to scoot my right speaker from the wall. I simply moved the left one to approximate the right one so they'd look more balanced. As for how much you might lose, that might be a Roy question. They are made with a flat back so they CAN be pressed flat against a back wall.

I think Bob was suffering from "one note" during his break in only. I think he's since made comment that his earlier comments (one note) were out of line once his woofers broke in. If you go back and read exactly what he said, you will see that he too is essentially saying that the Jubilees step all over the Khorns in all departments.

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Moderators

How far are you running these speakers from the side wall and out from the back wall. I read with interest Bob's comments about losing the "one note" effect when he brought them out from the wall. Just wondering how much room these baby's need to breathe.

Edit: I forgot these were corner loaded until I read through the rest of the threads and so the great photos. How much low end do you lose if they are on a wall but no corner?

My understanding from BerryBoy is they can be up to about 10" from each wall with zero negative effect. I have a thick plug (from my solid state amp) going into the wall socket and it just happens to FORCE me to scoot my right speaker from the wall. I simply moved the left one to approximate the right one so they'd look more balanced. As for how much you might lose, that might be a Roy question. They are made with a flat back so they CAN be pressed flat against a back wall.

I think Bob was suffering from "one note" during his break in only. I think he's since made comment that his earlier comments (one note) were out of line once his woofers broke in. If you go back and read exactly what he said, you will see that he too is essentially saying that the Jubilees step all over the Khorns in all departments.

The quoteI was interested in was "I have moved them away from the rear and side walls a bit which has reduced the coupling. . . ." This sounded like they may have done better out from the corner a bit. Does he have them back in now that they are broken in a bit?

Travis

Thanks TheEvan, the cut out is both top and bottom and is for acess to the woofers. There are plates not shown in the photos that will cover and seal these openings. They are the size and shape of the top and bottom.

rigma

Mine are pushed deep into the corners. The bass sounded a little lean for the first hour or so, but came into it's own after that. I never had the "one notiness" problem Bob spoke of. Sounds punchier and more articulate than the Klipschorns -- part of that might be due to the absence of the midbass hump. I used a couple of movies to check out the low end, and they sound like they're going at least as low as the Klipschorns. More dynamic -- really noticeable with just about everything. The lower registers of the piano on the Stereophile Test CD sound as close to real that I've ever heard. Most speakers don't do a really good job of completely capturing the percussive element. RF-7's do it better than Klipschorns, Jubilee LF sections do it better than both. As far as the top section goes, I won't be able to develop a strong opinion until I build the networks later this week and load them up. I have been using them quite a bit though. Even though the top isn't as rich and extended as the Trachorn/JBL/Beyma set up -- it sounds really clean with a much deeper and wider soundstage. What I'm mostly enjoying is the improved coherency.

Most of the pics I've seen of the Jubs owned by lucky forum members don't have the tweeter, may be wrong though. Other than the tweeter that's it.

That's correct however what specifically has been done is this: They're dropping the midrange DRIVER (and the tweeter HORN) and moving the tweeter DRIVER (K-69) and mounting it onto the midrange HORN (K-402 in this case)

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Just went back and looked at this thread again.

Why in the world would someone want something that ugly??????[;)]

Duh.....cuz they make beautiful music?????

I happen to prefer plug ugly...ever wonder why my wife never shows up at the gatherings?

(I am going to rot in HE!! for that comment)

[:$]

• Moderators

I happen to prefer plug ugly...ever wonder why my wife never shows up at the gatherings?

I want to get your wife's email address so we can invite her to Indy, never mind I think we have your phone number we will just try and call.

If you had those Wal-Mart eye glasses on, you would have seen how Butt-Ugly they were.... Your wife will get you while you sleep..[:|]

If you had those Wal-Mart eye glasses on, you would have seen how Butt-Ugly they were.... Your wife will get you while you sleep..[:|]

DeadManWalking

I was wondering what happened to all the Jubilee threads...