boomac

• Replies 208
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Moderators

Amy who said or even hinted that boring was synonymous with a lack of name calling and/or insult?

You, boomac! You said you liked it when it was opinionated, provocative, and even "nasty!"

I took nasty to mean name-calling and insulting people. Sorry if I misinterpreted.

[:)]

And I don't have a problem with fiestiness, but I do have a problem with nastiness, which I have explained my reasons why ad nauseum.

Amy I only said that Two Channel was known as the opinionated, provocative and sometimes even nasty Forum. I never said I liked it when it got nasty but then again, there were some darn funny battles! The reason for this thread was not to instigate or provoke argument but rather to explore "why the change" in overall enjoyment of the Forum. It aint just me either. <?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" />

"What's wrong with the forum? Too many bloody YouTube posts, Craigslist sightings, Ebay sightings. I think we all have web browsers, don't we?"

I second that......it's a PIA to have to delete snipe bids......all that comes out of these sightings  is higher bids, more money for ebay, paypal, etc.

I understand completely where Boom is coming from and also Robert's point of view of how many times by how many different users do we need a ugly speaker re-cant[^o)] Of course when you have those wise-cracking Kaiser's throwing his little quips in here and there don't help much either[:o]

As of late even Craig has backed off Dean a little[;)] (little being the key word here[:P])

Maybe after this next Pilgri we will have a new creative push The one thing I do know is IB has the biggest ears in Ar.[H]

...If Dean were latching onto PWK nobody would be going nuts about the things Dean is learning. PWK isn't around anymore and we're left with Roy. But in my opinion, Roy is a better source anyway.....if nothing else but the fact that he can stand upon the shoulders of PWK. I know this argument won't be accepted by those that think Roy is full of crap...

The whole dogma revolving around the Jubilee just screams of some people refusing to embrace a speaker that performs better than another speaker they've convinced themselves as being the epitomy for so many years.

You make some good points, Mike. The Klipschorn is a legend. But IF PWK were still around (not just in spirit, but in body too) he would be stretching the boundaries somewhat. There is little doubt that the Jubilee research would have continued and we would have seen a domestic version on the market. Now through the natural course of evolution the Jubilee has reared it's (ugly?) head. Lambasted and bastardized, unloved and unwashed, is the Jubilee the ugly duckling? Is Roy the Fairy Godmother? Can the Parrot fly?

The answer to all those questions is... Yes.

But it's all about perspective.

Now through the natural course of evolution the Jubilee has reared it's (ugly?) head. Lambasted and bastardized ...

That's the kind of nonsense that has to stop -- all it does is create confusion. With the exception of not having a furniture grade finish -- it's done. From that perspective it's no different than the old decorator models or the industrial LaScala and Heresy. The two available horns and the driver have been measured along with the bottom in the chamber, and the network modeled out with state of art software. So now tell me, what part of this speaker is bastardized?

Edwinr......At one time even the lovely Klipschorn was a ugly. It was bastardized by its licensed manufacturs...Im sure Roy will find a way to domesticate the jub. But Its superior sound is now most important. Can the Parrot fly? lets throw him out the window & see.

• Moderators

" I guess that means the Klipschorn Jubilee is a homerun in every category, except for the princess ladies on the forum!"

Okay, Dr. Who, exactly what is that supposed to mean. "Princess ladies", I didn't know we had any of those on this Forum. I have stated to all of you many times over that I didn't even have a problem with the "dog ugly" La Scalas Colter purchased being in my family room. As a matter of fact, I felt honored and priviledged to have the oppportunity to listen to them while their presence "graced my family room".

Oh, I guess that statement could be considered "sucking up" by those of you whinig about this Forum being boring. No sucking up intended. I actually would hope that some of my posts regarding industrial La Scalas in my family room, 6 Fortes, 2 Cornwall IIIs and a diy subwoofer in my family room would lend a hand to some of you hoping to gain WAF with some of the speaker purchases your hearts desire or even better yet, may help to convince the wife/significant other that when it comes to Klipsch speakers you can not have too many.

Here's a suggestion to stir things up...encourage your wife/significant other to join the Forum....why not....what better way to stir things up than to throw a few "princess ladies" in the mix.

Heck, we could even get Amy to start a section entitiled "The Princess Ladies of Klipsch" or "Not in My House". How does that sound? FYI, I won't be posting in that section, unless it's to stir up some controversy. That should make all of you complacent whiners happy.

Unless you guys have something to be afraid of........

" I guess that means the Klipschorn Jubilee is a homerun in every category, except for the princess ladies on the forum!"

Okay, Dr. Who, exactly what is that supposed to mean. "Princess ladies", I didn't know we had any of those on this Forum. I have stated to all of you many times over that I didn't even have a problem with the "dog ugly" La Scalas Colter purchased being in my family room. As a matter of fact, I felt honored and priviledged to have the oppportunity to listen to them while their presence "graced my family room".

Oh, I guess that statement could be considered "sucking up" by those of you whinig about this Forum being boring. No sucking up intended. I actually would hope that some of my posts regarding industrial La Scalas in my family room, 6 Fortes, 2 Cornwall IIIs and a diy subwoofer in my family room would lend a hand to some of you hoping to gain WAF with some of the speaker purchases your hearts desire or even better yet, may help to convince the wife/significant other that when it comes to Klipsch speakers you can not have too many.

Here's a suggestion to stir things up...encourage your wife/significant other to join the Forum....why not....what better way to stir things up than to throw a few "princess ladies" in the mix.

Heck, we could even get Amy to start a section entitiled "The Princess Ladies of Klipsch" or "Not in My House". How does that sound? FYI, I won't be posting in that section, unless it's to stir up some controversy. That should make all of you complacent whiners happy.

Unless you guys have something to be afraid of........

LOL!!!! Now I have to read this entire thread!!!!! I posted that I was living a lie to spice things up, however, it seems I didn't need to release that barrel yet!!!

Yea, OK, I just read it all. I agree that some threads have been locked down too soon. It did get boring. While I did not enjoy people making personal attacks on others, I did enjoy the healthy debat, if you will.

For me, this forum is about trying to obtain some knowledge, when I want it. Otherwise it is a source of entertainment. I think Klipsch should feel honored that they have a following that would come to a website because of their alliance with others of like interests.

I used to participate in other more hostile sites where if you mention Klipsch you would hear the perverbial needle across the record then endure the many attacks. Nope not for me.

I do like a more active forum though.

Ithink it is all in timing. Hell, I bought a big A$$ telescope and was MIA for a month!

How about voting certain individuals off the Klipsch island? I sorta think somebody had this idea before and, if so, I don't mean to be stealing it.

Maybe 20 negative votes and you're history. We'd have to set up some rules but I think it should include Klipsch employees to be fair to all.