What's wrong with the Forums @ Klipsch?

boomac

• Replies 208
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

That's a great idea, IB, but we know that the Jub owners would all be tied for first place.

Sir,

I will neither agree nor disagree with you about the looks of a cinema Jub in the home environment. My opinion is obviously slanted as I run ugly ducklings in my LR. My disposable audio funds are meager, relative to other members here. I am into sound reproduction, the best that I can get within the limits of my income. That said, if I can get a better sounding amp that has a ding on the cage, as opposed to a lesser amp with flawless cosmetics, I will get the better sounding amp. As previously stated, if looks were a priority for me, I would spend my money on art. A pretty speaker, or any gear, is something that I would buy only after my performance objectives were met. If I were hot for a cinema Jub,(the only finish available to my knowlage) I wouldn't give a sh*t what it looked like. I would buy it for it's sound. That's just me and how I prioritize audio. Yep, I may never own nice looking gear. There might always be an upgrade in performance to buy as opposed to looks.

Regards,

Terry

Wow!

The thread is titled "What's wrong with the Forums..." and some think the appropriate response is to post suggestions on how to make it worse?

A set forum?

"Pillars" as moderators?

Subtle attacks on upstanding members?

I can't even remember the other asinine suggestions. I just got it. The hidden agendas some have are what is wrong with the forum.

Klipsch and the current moderators need to decide what they are attempting to grow here. There are bulletin boards, forums, and communities. They are not the same.

Communities, like families, disagree, argue, have spats, hurl the occasional insult, and often admonish their members for crossing the line. Klipsch at one point was a community. What it is now or what Klipsch intends for it to be, I don't know.

Sometimes it appears to be a high school drama club or Peytons Place.

Please excuse me if someone has already posted about this matter in this thread, but one problem that actually has diminished a lot is what I would term SET trolling, in which certain people wildly inflate the sonic attributes of this topology to unwary newbies, knowing that others will pop in on the subject in order to protect said innocents from making a horribly expensive mistake.

INCORIGIBLE!!!

Please excuse me if someone has already posted about this matter in this thread, but one problem that actually has diminished a lot is what I would term SET trolling, in which certain people wildly inflate the sonic attributes of this topology to unwary newbies, knowing that others will pop in on the subject in order to protect said innocents from making a horribly expensive mistake.

INCORIGIBLE!!!

Sounds like Parrot respecfully declines the nomination to sub-moderate a dedicated SET forum. If elected he will not serve...

The forums are a little too much like a clique at school. Don't you hate it when you walk in a store and the salespeople treat you like you just invaded their privacy? That happens here too. heck, I have been around since 2001 but do not have a high post count and am still treated in this fashion by most. There are some very helpful and cordial individuals that are the exception.

Also, the Jubs, and Khorns talk is dominating with little talk of Cornwalls, Chorus, Forte's and other worthy models.

INCORIGIBLE!!!

Sounds like Parrot respecfully declines the nomination to sub-moderate a dedicated SET forum. If elected he will not serve...

LMAO!

loveroklipsch wrote:

The forums are a little too much like a clique at school. Don't you hate it when you walk in a store and the salespeople treat you like you just invaded their privacy? That happens here too. heck, I have been around since 2001 but do not have a high post count and am still treated in this fashion by most. There are some very helpful and cordial individuals that are the exception.

Also, the Jubs, and Khorns talk is dominating with little talk of Cornwalls, Chorus, Forte's and other worthy models.

Yes, i agree to a point, but i am working as hard as i can to get my posts up to around 3000 that seems to be the club to be in. Some others are working a darn sight harder than me and are amassing amazing numbers. On the other hand i may just re-enrol and start from scratch again as i have twice before, it's also a lot of fun coming back as a newbie.

What is this infatuation with the post count mystique? I had to look at mine just to see what it was. What is the underlying reason for the post count? I don't notice it and don't interpret it as anything useful by which I might infer anything about the poster except that they have made a bunch of posts... it does not indicate dedication, clearity of thought, topic positions, ... nothing I can think of.

What if the post count was suppressed from the forum? Would some stop posting? Are there some perks or prizes of which I'm unaware??

Too many folks with diareah of the mouth with opinions about things they have never done.

Paragraphs and paragraphs of negative stuff that no one reads in response to simple questions.

You have leaders, and followers, but this group is amoung those who watch and throw rocks, never anything constructive to say.

Trey said: We can just trun them off.<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" />

Then you nuts may go listen to the speakers you all claim to love......

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

You seem a little edgy Trey. Aint nobody questioning or criticizing you, Amy or Klipsch here. After sensing a drop off in interest and activity, (from several others that I happen to like & admire) I just thought it might be interesting to explore the rhyme or reason. I would think you guys at Klipch would have interest in such discussion.

Now just to be clear, when you say claim to love, youre not suggesting you doubt we're sincere about our speakers, are ya?

Just in case Trey; here's a list of the one's I own and enjoy!

3 pr <?xml:namespace prefix = st1 ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:smarttags" />Cornwall, 2 pr Heresy, 1 pr Forte II, 1 pr KG 2.5, 1 pr KS 525-THX, 1 pr KG 1.5, 1 RSW 15, 1 RSW 10, 1 Academy & 1 RC 3 II

As Ive often said: You have to let the dogs bark once in a while!