Defend Klipsch Quality over at AVSforum

TheKillerTomato

I would love too but recently my Trend Micro throws a message at me that says "dangerous spyware on this (AVS) website, get off this site very fast, pronto, etc." So what am I to do?

JJK

I'd e-mail the admins at AVS and tell them about it. Maybe one of their advertisers has slipped something over on them, or maybe your Trend Micro is tripping over something it shouldn't. Is your software up-to-date?

Killer T, Tom Brennan knows exactly what he talks about. I doubt there will be many people who would not prefer a fine veneered 3/4 Baltic Birch 7 ply over a half inch medium density fiberboard, but maybe it is just me. The MDF is a better cabinet with lower reseanance levels, but it also is less durable, and can't take some of the rough handling that a set of cabs will see over the course of twenty, thirty, and fourty years of service.

The employee at CC does appear to be dishing a sales pitch, but TIFWIW- a sales pitch.

I've had my 7's 5 years,they look just like the day I bought em'.Get plywood if you can't take care of your stuff,otherwise mdf and wood veneer for me,thanks.Also Tom may know what he talks about,it's just very few others that know what they're talkin' about care.

I have all but given up on the majority of the AVS Forum members. There are some knowledgable people who know how to respond in a professional and considerate matter, but it seems the forum is now being dominated by those who just do not know when not to say anything at all. It is a shame but get that many people on a site with no general interest to bind them like here and this is the outcome.

I think the guy did right going to the AVS board to ask the question. While there are many good speakers on the market and lots of speaker fanboys over there, almost everyone came back and defended Klipsch. CC is not a Klipsch retailer and the sales guy was trying to make a sale. Pure and simple. AVS is where I started my HT education. It brought me to here and lots of other boards where I am always surprised in the depth of knowlege the posters have. I read all opinions and then form my own -- then make my purchases. Klipsch speakers, Yamaha receiver, Sony SXRD, Pioneer DVD-A/SACD player, Toshiba HD-DVD player --etc.

Cheers,

Bill

I think the guy did right going to the AVS board to ask the question. While there are many good speakers on the market and lots of speaker fanboys over there, almost everyone came back and defended Klipsch. CC is not a Klipsch retailer and the sales guy was trying to make a sale. Pure and simple. AVS is where I started my HT education. It brought me to here and lots of other boards where I am always surprised in the depth of knowlege the posters have. I read all opinions and then form my own -- then make my purchases. Klipsch speakers, Yamaha receiver, Sony SXRD, Pioneer DVD-A/SACD player, Toshiba HD-DVD player --etc.

Cheers,

Bill

I began over at avsforum, as well. The reason I posted this over here is because I know many of the very knowledgable Klipsch fans post over here, and I wanted them to match wits with TB. I simply lack the information necessary to defend Klipsch on his level.

I guess I was rallying the Big Guns. I'm very proud of my Klipsch system, and I didn't want somebody tearing down the product on a public forum, without his opinions being properly challenged.

Klipsch rocks.

Tom B. is a very smart guy, and a very nice guy. But he is also a dyed in the wool Altec guy. He is very reasonable to talk to IF know what you're talking about.

The thread there makes it sound as if PWK lost control of the company through some sort of personal failure. Of course that is not true . The history is set out in several articles and a book and doesn't need repeating here.

Gil

We know TB very well over here, search him on this forum and you will see some of the wit matching.

That's the exact post I was gonna make,thanks OT.TB is no dummy as Gil said,but his evil twin..........

• Moderators

We know TB very well over here, search him on this forum and you will see some of the wit matching.

That's the exact post I was gonna make,thanks OT.TB is no dummy as Gil said,but his evil twin..........

We seem to have/had a few "evil twins" make appearances on this Forum. I sure am glad my "evil twin" doesn't know I visit here, otherwise she might drop in and embarass me. [;)]

Why go there and engage in an topic that just isn't worth your time...........People own KLIPSCH because they want KLIPSCH, I will not debate my choice on another Forum. I am already on the BEST Forum, why go to a second string forum, and debate a subject that you won't win, or even come to a draw on..................They are entitled to their opinions,even when they're wrong.......................EH !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!