pCATS are running

scott0527

The Hooterville express showed up today and although there are million things I should be doing, I couldn't help but to get the big old boys up an running. They defintely have a commanding footprint. No manual yet, but set up was a breeze with some simple instructions provided by Mark via email. Plug them in and turn them on, watch the bias lights go yellow, red, green... small adjustment to get them to green. They are playing now. Everyone in the house is asleep and they like to stay that way so I can't do much other than to tell you they set up easy and play problem free. Not always the case when buying esoteric audio equipment from my experience. Going to be fun to get some real listening in this weekend.

post-15692-13819329795102_thumb.jpg

• Moderators

The Hooterville express showed up today and although there are million things I should be doing, I couldn't help but to get the big old boys up an running. They defintely have a commanding footprint. No manual yet, but set up was a breeze with some simple instructions provided by Mark via email. Plug them in and turn them on, watch the bias lights go yellow, red, green... small adjustment to get them to green. They are playing now. Everyone in the house is asleep and they like to stay that way so I can't do much other than to tell you they set up easy and play problem free. Not always the case when buying esoteric audio equipment from my experience. Going to be fun to get some real listening in this weekend.

Now that is a sight for sore eyes. Wowza.

Can't wait to hear your thoughts,

Travis

Scott----

Can ask you real quick what was the condition of the packing materials, etc? I am very anxious to know about the packout. I have so many enroute, you know? Thax!

Mark,

I sent you an email with some pictures. So how pretty do they look in someone else's house finally? I sure do love the looks.

I keep coming back to this thread to look at these amps again. Bloody good job on the appearance front Mark - really really good.

The funny thing is I am not sure why they are so appealing - I have seen other, not dissimilar styles before. Maybe I have just gotten so used to wooden finishes that this is a refreshing change.

I keep coming back to this thread to look at these amps again. Bloody good job on the appearance front Mark - really really good.

The funny thing is I am not sure why they are so appealing - I have seen other, not dissimilar styles before. Maybe I have just gotten so used to wooden finishes that this is a refreshing change.

It's the "black and chrome". You GOTTA love the black and chrome[:D]. I also have to wonder what other similarities these amplifiers have to a certain black and chrome amplifier I have sitting over here. I suspect that many things that I find intriguing in my MC30s, I would also find in these. Of course I have no basis in evidence to back this up, but have prognosticated that these will be a very good midrange amplifer (why I like 30s). I am very curious as to what Scott has to say about these.

Mark. Is there any chance a pair of these will be at the Klipsch Indy gathering?

I live in the Southeast......do you have any audio shows to attend down here? I would like to demo/hear the pCATS.

jc