hey deano (snipers and the jub envious, STAY AWAY)

bodcaw boy

okay deano,

now maybe we can get some good, unbiased opinions on what you think about the jub without all the sniping to get in the way. regardless of what others think, i like the pursuit of good sound and really would like to know what you think about the jubs, good and bad......hey who knows, maybe we can make some mods to the system to make it better........i have gotten miketn's, coyotee-o's, ralph across the pond's, seti's, tonyr's, michael colters' and various others opinions on the jubs. like i have said on other thread, i am after performance issues. amplitude changes are like seasonings; add salt, pepper, what you like but the meal is in front you......what do you think...

have a blessed night,

roy delgado

• Replies 301
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

How many folks have Jubilees? A handful? How about creating a section on the forum for Jubille owners and those interested in hearing about them?

I mean, I enjoy hearing about them and following the banter back and forth, but these threads tend to be controversial and have really caused lots of heartache.

Just a suggestion.

wow! i'm just proud that you are talking to me!!

good question.....these are klipsch speakers.........this is a klipsch website........there are people that are interested in the jub experiment (and deano's comments).......all we need is those that just like to snipe to stay away........not those that actually have something to offer.....some insight.........i am not just looking for good comments....i am looking for constructive criticism.........when i first heard about the jub woes on the forum, i just wanted to let people know that jub system could be had that was better than the one we thought about bringing to market for alot less. yes i know that we offer the unpretty model, but gosh, i saw what people were putting in their homes and i thought that this just might fly. i appreciate your suggestion but no, the jub doesn't have to be put in the corner. i don't believe that pwk would have like that at all.

and controversial.....you are the man!!

have a blessed night (i mean it allan),

roy delgado

• Moderators

good question.....these are klipsch speakers.........this is a klipsch website........there are people that are interested in the jub experiment (and deano's comments).......all we need is those that just like to snipe to stay away........not those that actually have something to offer.....some insight.........i am not just looking for good comments....i am looking for constructive criticism.........when i first heard about the jub woes on the forum, i just wanted to let people know that jub system could be had that was better than the one we thought about bringing to market for alot less. yes i know that we offer the unpretty model, but gosh, i saw what people were putting in their homes and i thought that this just might fly. i appreciate your suggestion but no, the jub doesn't have to be put in the corner. i don't believe that pwk would have like that at all.

roy delgado

Roy,

I am glad you posted on the issue of the corner. There was a thread recently, I think that Coytee posted about a brand new forum member who got Jub's, in Washington State I believe, that you helped get set up. Anyhoo, he mentioned that he pulled the speakers out from the corners abit and got some better sound. I asked for far he and Coytee had their speakers of the the corner and it was just a little bit, but they said the speaker was a corner speaker with a loss of bass response if they were forward facing. They suggested I contact you becasue you would know what the differense in response would be.

So, since you mentioned that they do not need to be in a corner, and folks swear you have done testing on this, what, if any low end would I lose if had them forward facing?

Travis

EDIT: Roy, here way my question and the response I got from Coytee

dwilawyer:

How far are you running these speakers from the side wall and out from the back wall. I read with interest Bob's comments about losing the "one note" effect when he brought them out from the wall. Just wondering how much room these baby's need to breathe.

Edit: I forgot these were corner loaded until I read through the rest of the threads and so the great photos. How much low end do you lose if they are on a wall but no corner?

Coytee: My understanding from BerryBoy is they can be up to about 10" from each wall with zero negative effect. I have a thick plug (from my solid state amp) going into the wall socket and it just happens to FORCE me to scoot my right speaker from the wall. I simply moved the left one to approximate the right one so they'd look more balanced. As for how much you might lose, that might be a Roy question. They are made with a flat back so they CAN be pressed flat against a back wall.

I think Bob was suffering from "one note" during his break in only. I think he's since made comment that his earlier comments (one note) were out of line once his woofers broke in. If you go back and read exactly what he said, you will see that he too is essentially saying that the Jubilees step all over the Khorns in all departments.

roy delgado

Roy,

I know you followed my build and would like to know if you feel I got close enough to the real Jubilee to even be worthy of being able to call them a clone? Just wondering if the beautiful sound I am getting is close to the real Jubilee sound.

rigma

Roy, way to stand tall, your right to ask, who has better input than owners?..............The Khorn crowd pushes Khorns, the La Scala guys do the same, Klipsch has different speakers for different locations and uses, but in the end, they are all Klipsch. Me, right now I'm happy with my Heresy's, a Scott, and my Sub......I don't want others to hear them, then they'd want them........Stand your ground, hang in there, and the rest of them, Feed Them Fish Heads...............EH !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

okay deano,

now maybe we can get some good, unbiased opinions on what you think about the jub without all the sniping to get in the way.

have a blessed night

roy delgado

Okay. You had your win, Roy. How about easing off on the gas peddle...

P.S. I agree with Allan Songer. You guys should create a dedicated Jubilee section. Maybe in this way you may avoid further angst and decrease the risk of upsetting current Klipschorn owners and potential buyers that frequent the 2 channel section. But it's your company. Do with it what you will...

Okay. You had your win, Roy. How about easing off on the gas peddle...

Very interesting...

I've never (knowingly) met Parrot, I've never knowingly met you. All I have to go on is persona as inferred by typed words.

You seem to have an 'arm in arm' appreciation/respect for Parrot and as best I've seen, have never seemed to 'notice' any of his (perceived by some) negative antics.

Makes me wonder if Parrot has more than one username....? That reality alone would not surprise me. The question then becomes if he did, just who it might be.

Not accusing, just wondering out loud...

[:^)]

Roy. I truly, truly, truly think this is what needs to be done at Indy.

I'm serious here.

Have a pair of Jubilee bass bins with the 510 horn on top with your passive. This will eliminate a lot of "doubt" that the jubilee system isn't appropriate for the home. With the acceptance of this.....I believe more will jump on board. The 402 is great and we should hear it here too. I think that horn needs to be the "upgrade" option for the system for those who want the ultimate big horn experience.

When I left Hope last year, I emailed you that following monday I returned to start lining up me to get the jubilee. My wife completely was against the 402 sitting on top. Then I was thinking of all these options of what I would do to the top end to make it more appealing to be in my house. Oh yea...lots of ideas crossed my mind on how to do this. But then all I could think of was how pissed you and others would be if I was one of the original Jubilee owners and have a vintage Altec horn or something else sitting on top. This had me worried I would be ousted on the forum.

Therefore I built my own jub clones. This gave me flexability. If I had heard the 510 at Hope Last year....and I'm sure they are good....the purchase probably would have happened.

I know the passive for the setup isn't "commercially" available....but....it could be done 3rd party by your approval.....

jc

I am stunned - once again.

The thread is addressed to Dean. It further suggests those who don't want to hear about jubilee's to avoid it. So what happens?

Folks jump in and tell Roy to go to a corner...

Let me state my opinion then as well.

It is two-channel. The Jubilee is intended for... two-channel. It is here to stay.

Roy is a Klipsch employee and can talk about whatever he damn well pleases wherever he damn well pleases.

Some of us are interested in the Jubilee and in particular value Dean's opinions.

Some of us want to know how Rigma's Jub clones sound compared to real ones.

In short,

So you go to your own corner if you don't like it.

Send Parrot a sympathy card if you are moved to emotion.

Start a SET thread for your entertainment.

Stay out of threads which clearly disturb you for some unknown reason.

Now, Dean, about that review...

I am stunned - once again.

The thread is addressed to Dean. It further suggests those who don't want to hear about jubilee's to avoid it. So what happens?

Folks jump in and tell Roy to go to a corner...

Let me state my opinion then as well.

It is two-channel. The Jubilee is intended for... two-channel. It is here to stay.

Roy is a Klipsch employee and can talk about whatever he damn well pleases wherever he damn well pleases.

Some of us are interested in the Jubilee and in particular value Dean's opinions.

Some of us want to know how Rigma's Jub clones sound compared to real ones.

In short,

So you go to your own corner if you don't like it.

Send Parrot a sympathy card if you are moved to emotion.

Start a SET thread for your entertainment.

Stay out of threads which clearly disturb you for some unknown reason.

Now, Dean, about that review...

Ditto!

rigma

I normally do not post on threads that are subject lined attention of a particular person....but since others have already....and I have heard the jubilees in person as well as owning most of the Heritage line at one point or another.....my take is simple.

They are too big.   The lower profile horn would probally be more appealing....but I haven't had a chance to hear them.

They are ugly.  There's nothing about them that have a heritage character.  One of the major factors that results in ownership of a heritage product is the crasftsmanship and furniture appeal of the line.

Price is fine.

They sound great on the high end and the mid band...the low end leaves you wondering what happend.

I think these things can be made smaller and look nicer, perhaps thru the use of high excursion drivers.  I'm not buying this buisness that the size is needed for the SPL since high excursion drivers in small boxes have been putting out high SLP for decades.   

My prediction is a lot of folks are going to find what they really like about the Jubilee is the top section and that awesome driver.

Now, if you will excuse me....I need to get back to my shop to continue working on my Jubilee clones.

• Moderators

Allan,

I understand and appreciate the suggestion. However, this is a 2 channel forum. It's not Klipschorn, it's not RF-83, it's not S-1. Jubilee discussions are perfectly welcome here.