3 minutes to Miller Time

jacksonbart

Good evening gentlemen-can't brag about the beautiful southern california weather today-it rained all day long and it was very windy as well. forecast calls for heavy rain through friday. did i fall asleep and wake up in seattle or something?

met with the ortho surgeon today, i would bet my paycheck that the guy would have cut me open right there in his office if I would have let him. he seemed very eager to operate on my shoulder. i told him i wanted an MRI and to finish physical therapy and he said, "I don't need an MRI to operate on you." in his defense, he was under the impression that meds & therapy had failed. He cleared me to resume therapy (therapist had stopped for fear of doing further damage); but, told me that I still may need surgery if the physical therapy doesn't help. He can tell that the rotator cuff is only partially torn (if torn at all). there is a big bone spur??? that grinds the tendon into another bone every time i raise my arm. he wants to go in and grind that down some so the impingement will stop.

Tarheel...name the place and the time! Sounds like a good time.Winchester.....you should have shot that fine piece of steel! It's OH SO SWEET! 5 shots is all I got to fire....5 in the X ring...nough said. Anywho sittin round the house enjoying a little bit of Jack with an amzing track from a few years back..." Hundred And Ten In The Shade"...anybody?? Drinks on me to the one who knows it. If you don't shame shame. This track is outa sight even on my lame 'ole RF3's(haha). Hope everyone's drinks are strong and tune's are long...have a good one fella's.

Hunt

Thanks Ace & Hunt--I have a pretty high tolerance for pain. Been living with four herniated disks for years (two in neck and two in back). Broke four ribs last year when I got ran over. But, I'll tell ya--this hurts. Worse part is that it is my dominant arm, so there are so many things that I instinctively try to do now. I think i will run the course of therapy; but, if that doesn't work, i think i'll let the doctor do his thing. I'm only 49; but, then again, I'm 49--who knows how many are left--i sure don't want to spend the rest of my days in this pain.

Darn Ace. I was afraid the cornwall vault might have met it's fate. I think the last caretaker couldn't store it any longer and couldn't find it a new home.

He still has it...things might be looking up a bit. I actually PMd CP1 to see if he would be interested in it still even though he is not wheeling and dealing on the forums as much since I can go to either Indy or Chicago it wouldn't cost him anything...not sure if he wants that monster in his shop though. But good news either way for everyone but my wife haha!

Big Stew- I had a sverely broken ankle a year ago- one doctor wanted to go BACK IN AND REMOVE SCREWS AND PINS- Like ASAP- LIKE HELL!! ANd he gave me some kind of sythitic pain killer that was like a cross between LSD and pain killers for dogs. I took one and flushed the rest down the sink

My regular doctor got back- (the best ankle surgeon in the country- all of the NFL players fly into Charlotte and use him) he changed the plans 180 degrees back to before this guy got involved. My doctor said that this other guy was an idiot

Point of story- there are some major idiots out there for doctors. BEWARE- Follow your instincts. Get 2nd opinions. Hope it works out for the good.

Hunt- I officially hate you- you could have shot the gun in Charlotte- jealous

Cheers to all!!!!!!!!!!

... a little bit of Jack with an amzing track from a few years back..." Hundred And Ten In The Shade"...anybody?? Drinks on me to the one who knows it. If you don't shame shame. This track is outa sight even on my lame 'ole RF3's(haha). Hope everyone's drinks are strong and tune's are long...have a good one fella's.

Hunt

If its is the one from John Fogerty (sp) I think I have it, somewhat gospel??

Jus relaxin to a Cognac (cheep cheep brand) and coke. Listenin to tunes... Happy days all

Big Stew - Years ago I tore my rotator cuff and some ligaments in my left shoulder in a bike ( pedal not motor) accident and had to have surgury.

Just a tip if your doc does not tell you, mobilize asap!!! My doc had me doing exersizes the same day, no weight just mobility. I had been told that the shoulder is one of the worst joints for surgery if it is immobilized afterwards. I would also ask the doc about if I were you.

Just speaking from experience...good luck!!!

3 pts for germerikan! yes its off his 1997 Blue Moon Swamp album. I rediscovered it the other night and have been enjoying it ever since. More icey mess for us up here weather wise. Im getting a little tired of it to be honest. It's going to be awhile before the fish thaw out and want to eat which is another annoyance. But plenty of Jack down stairs in the man cave to keep warm with. Cheers fella's

P.S....winchester...go shoot your damn Kimber and quit bitchin'.

Hunt

Heard that 5 o'clock whistle. Weekends here and finds me with a depleted licquor cabinet. The choice is Ketel One vodka or an inexpensive single malt scotch.

You're making me thirsty with that Makers Mark Groomy.

Heard a cut from a CD on the car radio at lunch...a group from Raleigh, NC called American Aquarium. I just ordered their 3 CDs plus a box set from Tom Waits.... Orphans. Disc 3 has a song called Long Way Home that I really like.

Been having trouble with internet service so before I fall off again.....Cheers gentlemen.

Cheers gentlemen!

Chuck - enjoy your new music and good luck with your internet connection. Hope your wife continues to improve.

Marshall - I hope that's a big bottle of Makers Mark.

Steve - I hope your feeling better.

All - Have a GREAT weekend!

Just some water here at work before I head home for the weekend.